The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Satin Black....is done!

rik

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like it Rik, fair play to you for having a go yourself too :thumbs:

Strpped out with bucket seats and roll cage would look great to finsih off that raw look.

I don't know what it is but the wheels seem to take away some of the look, are you going to be painting them at all ?

Looks great, I love this look, in fact my Corsa van was looking like multi colour swap shop with all different coloured panels and I did this:-

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/shaneg7ewl/Mar18_29.jpg

It cost next to nothing to do, I used the cheapest of kit and the roughest of paint, but it transformed it from a rough looking old van with different coloured body panels to what you see.

The gun I used was a cheap £15 job from Lidls. I took a while to get the viscosity right to suit the gun, but other than that it was a doddle.

Just seen this, looks good mate, bet the pics don't do the colour justice. Think the people saying it would look even better with an oem kit are right though, maybe with a Greddy style lip on the front, and some wheels, colour coded CE28's would look cool.

It's just rude to say it looked 'awful' yes he did ask what we 'thinked' but it's nice to have a bit of tact.

I agree - its not to my taste either but its a dam fine example of that type of colour finish so you can apreciate it + the work thats gone into it.

tact is what you need - or just letting your brain think before you type.

Thanks for all your mixed opinions. The satin black wasn't a big master plan, it was more of a last minute thing. Besides i'm not that fussed about flashy colours and all that, it all looks the same from the drivers seat. But anyway, i like it :cool:

As per our conversation mate, I think it looks the nuts! Well mean. I reckon a Blitz front (not normally keen on them) with some Rotas and perhaps Veilsides would add to its fooking menacing look! :)

Ha ha....cheers mate.

One uk light on the back? I quite like it but reckon i'd like it more being kitted out.

Better watch out for kids with chalk. lol.

Yeah, don't worry, i've another set of j-specs to go on.

The kids around where i live are most likely carrying things a little more concerning than chalk :blink:

Looks oki mate, but personally if you had some Deep dish satin black alloys with some skirts and a front lip and lowered. Hell yea! That would top it off... :)

Since its stock it just dosent look as good as it should imho.