The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragon Tattoo

Stonkin

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i tried not to look Linda! :)

At least it will look a bit more symetrical tomorrow. Infact i might get the head and body done instead as i'm keen to see what she is going to do with it :)

good idea :cool: we've seen one wing, need the bod and head now. How long will it take dya think as there's quite a bit of detail? Does she time it or just keep going til you pass out?? :p lolx, kiddin hun :D

well i'm booked in from 1 ish. Not sure if she has anyone else later that day. I'll certainly do 4 hours tomorrow. That wing took 3 hours! She works stupid hours, if i said i would sit there till 8 at night, then she would no doubt do it, but she is also very concious of what someone can handle.

Think head and as much of body as i can do is a good idea. I want to see something different to :)

Update number 3 :D

So pleased with how yesterday went. Decided on the middle area so i could see something different. I'll let you all comment, but personally i'm over the moon with the detail. As before, any red areas will be grey like how the wing has turned out....

She's thinking of putting a small shadow around the whole thing once its finished, which will lift it away from my back. Saw some other examples of this yesterday and it worked well

Looking good mate. That'll look mean with the top off in an Aerotop. ;)

I've got a 34" waist but not in hells chance can I fit in a pair of suit trousers that aren't a decent sized 34/36 and I'm only 6ft and weigh 12.8stone! Not fat at all and those who know me will vouch for that, just big boned :)

Wow! The detail is amazing....bit more work for you to bring out your lats now I reckon :p :D lolxx

Is it worth sectioning that wing as its quite a large, plain expanse in comparison - you know the way bats wings look divided up into segments? Its hard to explain but I'm sure you get my drift ;) would bring in a little detail while still keeping the sleek lines? :confused: Just an idea :)

How long did it take by the way hun?

Lx

Can you rate the pain of having a tattoo on a scale of 1-10 please?

wasp sting being 4

nettle sting being 2

:)

It's different kind of pain than wasp or nettle. At first is kinda painfull (main lines), then you cannot feel too much when shading going on (or colours) - it is rather pain like someone would punch you milion times in a same place. I would say around 2 (at least on arm).

Cheers Sheefa, wish i had an aerotop for it :)

Oh you men are worse than women secretly!!!!

Tattoo.... looking sweet! Full credit for bravery, what does your missus think?

Cheers SupraGal :) Missus, well, i've recently started seeing someone. Remember gym girl i mentioned in my 'breaking up' thread. Been a few weeks now. I think her opinion is that my body would be perfect without it, but she knows how important it is to me, and can appreciate what a fantastic piece of art it is. She certainly doesnt dislike it at all :)

Adam, pain wise very difficult to say, depends on what area and very much your frame of mind on the day. The outline did not hurt at all apart from the outer edge of the wings, that was just a bit uncomfortable, had to kind of squeeze my hands together at that point. Shading of the wing a few weeks ago was agony, the whole session really hurt, pretty much gritting teeth for 3 1/2 hours! Yesterday was a total breeze, i was not far off being asleep for the whole session, totally relaxed and actually enjoyed it.

Linda, hi hun :) i know what you mean, i discussed this with her yesterday. Were going to basicly finish the whole thing first, the body is meant to be the main piece with detail, drifting out towards the wings or she said it will lose the lighting effect she is doing. But i've most likely said i would like some creases within the grey wings to show some more shape within them. But that will all be done on the very last touch up session. :)

Quite a big guy, shaved head, came in yesterday while i was being done. He was quite loud, and saw me with my eyes closed laying down, thinking i was in pain (was just relaxing and nearly asleep!) and said oh come on you woos, cant be that bad! He was just having some initials done on his forearm. The moment she started doing him he was jumping all over the place, fidgeting, moaning. She refused to do the tat in the end, and told him to come back another day. I just smiled at him as he walked out :D