The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragon Tattoo

Stonkin

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you shocked at the price?

Shocked at the price considering the artist is unable to do two arms that look like they belong to the same beast and lacks the skill to draw the trunk of the beast without it being twisted in an odd way.

But if you are happy with the work for the money that's all that matters :)

so you think the artist is generally lacking in skill then Michael??

Quite why you think the trunk of the beast is twisted in an odd way, i do not know. Perhaps it would have looked better if it went vertically down my spine and she had used a set square to do so, purely as she is 'lacking in skill' to draw a straight line. If you notice, you will see the beast is slightly twisted, hence you have a better view of one arm than the other, that is also why the lighting effects have been used in the way they have.

But then again, your very first reply to this thread said 'Trogdor' would have looked way better......... ok...

And yes, i am very happy with the result and what i have payed. And you are the first person in christ knows how many that have seen it, who seems to have found a need to pick faults with the quality of the artist. Maybe i should have come to you for my design....

Perhaps I'm the only person who isn't worried about being honest.

Yes I think it looks wrong, clearly you don't - it's on your back, my opinions shouldn't matter to you. Enjoy it but don't expect everyone to love it from an artistic point of view.

Fare do's :)

I've had many an honest person view it, from people that i dont get on with to people i do, you genuinly are the first to make that comment. Everyone else seems to think (if you saw it close up) the level of detail is fantastic, and i have been asked to pass on her number to about 10 people.

You obviously feel i had 'my shirt ripped right off my back' when it came to the price :D

all good mate, would be pretty boring if everyone replied saying, wow, how cool :)

it was wasnt it Charlotte :) I kinda got the arse when i first read it, but then again, i havent created this thread to only hear good comments about it. Freedom of speach and all that.

I'm happy, thats the main thing :)

Plus i'm coming to the end of a 14 hour shift, but then again thats pretty much payed for the tattoo, hence why i'm still smiling ;)

hi mate the dragon's comming on nice.the body needs to have a twisted look if it did't it would look flat on your back,the look you have gives it shape and deffanition,not only that you would never get the shading looking right.as for the wings i'm not sure to be honest,try to find some pictures of dragons and compare them,may be some in jap art books or on pc games.as all ready stated if they look to busy they will take away from the body and head.

how much dose your artist charge you per hour??(hope you don't mind me asking)

Bat wing:

http://z.about.com/d/animals/1/0/I/6/bat_wing.jpg

But then again:

Most of the dragons seem to have the vertical 'bones' but not much else:

http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Fantasy-wallpaper/purple_dragon_800x600.jpg

Your tat looks fantastic and nice to see it come together over the thread. Im not shocked at the price, actually the opposite. I got a couple, one across the top of back (out side to outside of each sholder) cost just over £200.

That is a really nice design and it's great that you haven't gone for a grumpy dragon.

I also like the fact that it isn't detracting from your musculature. It's always a real shame when a fit bloke has an ill considered tattoo that hides his otherwise sexy muscles.

Cheers for all your comments people. And Trev, thank you very much for finding those pics and also taking the time to alter my picture like you have. I love what you have done and will print it out and take it with me next time i go, just to give her some ideas. I dont want the work there to be over the top as it will distract from the centre piece, but i feel it needs 'something' in the form of small veins, bones, etc...

Supra61, i normally have a 3 1/2 hour session and that works out to £150, so about £40 an hour.

• 1 month later...

well its been a while since i was in here, next visit is this Friday to get the other wing finished. That will basicly finish the tat, but i will need to go back to talk about the shadowing. Gona print the pic that you did Trev and take it with me this week to discuss her thoughts on more wing detail.

More pics over the w'end....

me to mate. Last time i had the wing done it was the worst session out of all of them, not comfortable at all, possibly cos its such a big area, or possibly as it goes near my ribs. Maybe i was just in a shitty mood?

either way, looking forward to it being done :)

well its been a while since i was in here, next visit is this Friday to get the other wing finished. That will basicly finish the tat, but i will need to go back to talk about the shadowing. Gona print the pic that you did Trev and take it with me this week to discuss her thoughts on more wing detail.

More pics over the w'end....

hi bud are you staying down in brighton this week end??? noticed theres a meet down there this weekend.