The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragon Tattoo

Stonkin

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, i can see it now on my laptop.looking good mate, has it only recently been started? See what you mean about shading

hi mate.had that part done on wednesday,sat for 3,1/2 hrs.hoping to have the 2nd part started at the end of next week.

this may be of use to you,i have just been out on to a product called BEPANTHEN,its really good no itching or soreness.its actually nappy rash cream,

£2.99 from boots.works a treet.

What kind of aftercare do you guys give them? I think I've asked this before and got mixed answers!

Can I still go to work as usual or does it need to be bathed in salt water and re-wrapped every half hour!!

hi there after care is very easy.you can go to work pretty much as normal.just keep it coverd at work(normal clothes)also keep it well creamed to keep the itching down and help keep clean.

Hi guys, havent been on here for a while. Good to hear you have finished design Trev, do you have anyway of putting a pic up for me to see?

After care really is easy. They wrap it in clingfilm after it has been done. I've got just over an hour drive home from brighton each time mine is done, being on my back that isnt to comfy being slouched over the steering wheel :) Once home i take that off and have as hot a shower as poss to brign the blood to the surface to help the healing process. after that you need to put some sort of cream on it little and often. You can feel when its drying out, and you dont want that as it will scab and then you will ruin how the tattoo may look in a few years time. Will just fade quicker. The way you look after it in the first couple of weeks really does play a big part. You can pretty much carry on as normal though, obviously depends how big it is and where it is, but i've been in the gym the following day after each session has been done. Just limited to doing arms for a couple of days as i cant lean or lay down on anything comfortable enough to lift decent size weights.

Hi Dave, i'll take that as a compliment ;) Been going to gym for about 2 1/2 years, was about 10 1/2 stone when i started, now just over 13. To be honest i've always had quite well shaped shoulders, but i love training them, can lift some good size weights on shoulder workouts :)

Just got back from an awesome chest workout, fooked now! :)

PS - the work that was done last week is healing up lovely, really nice shades of grey coming out, very pleased :D

Only got this pic that I scanned about 2 years ago - it's changed a bit since then, same basic shape but shaded so the black bit looks more 3D and the white bit has opposite shading going out from it.

Dunno what size to go for though, and it'll just be on my arm.

where abouts on your arm mate, up the top? Looks a good design expecially if you are adding bits to it. I was very tempted on an arm/shoulder piece, but knew i would still have wanted the dragon. Having the dragon first means i wont get anymore. i think ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well here's the latest pics, obviously all the red bits are what i've just had done. Certainly coming along now :) Next session is to do the wing, but i think we will be having a talk first as i just feel the large grey area looks a bit......bare? Maybe i will see it come together better once all the colours are the same. But does anyone else know what i'm trying to say?

its just if you look under the left arm that i just had done, you see the inside of the wing that is done. I love the way that looks, it looks like a wing, so to speak. I just think a real life wing wouldnt look just plain grey like that. She has done some very good light effects on the whole tattoo and she's convinced that when it is all done i will see what she means. Its the body and head that must be the main attraction, too much detail around the wings will pull the attention away from the middle. I'm gona trust her, let her finish, she can always add some creases into the grey. I am over the moon with it though. So so glad i had it done this size and not an a4 size like i was going to...

I appreciate what you mean about the wing section underneath the arm you've just had done. It does look like a real wing compared to the plain gray large area of the main wing. That level of detail would definitely draw attention away from the centre of the tattoo though if it were applied to the entire wing.

I'd go with her suggestion, let her finish it, see what it looks like, and if you want more, add it at a later date.

Either way it's going to look incredible when done. Not sure I could cope with the pain of it myself!