The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free 32 page Supra Special collectors edition mag

lui

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isnt this down to the people who actually pay to advertise though and not the magazine itself? i mean if a company such as envy wanted to advertise im sure max power wouldnt stop them. if however envy didnt want to pay (completely hyperthetical this by the way) then max power wouldnt advertise them.simply as that.

The mag can cherry pick who advertises if it likes - its about attracting the kind of advertisers it wants. A page in Max Power used to be about £3k - you would have to sell about £20-30k worth of parts directly from that advert to cover the cost of it.

I've just picked up and copy and seen the modification guide which we written. Will have a proper read tomorrow.

Gaz.

The mag can cherry pick who advertises if it likes - its about attracting the kind of advertisers it wants. A page in Max Power used to be about £3k - you would have to sell about £20-30k worth of parts directly from that advert to cover the cost of it.

I've just picked up and copy and seen the modification guide which we written. Will have a proper read tomorrow.

Gaz.

Just read it, not the mag of course just the Supra supplement. Like to thank you for the great tuning summary, it's straightened a few things out that I've been wondering about. Prices too don't see that often.:)

Out of the three main feature cars I'd for for Jodi and Ross Toneguzzi's that's just lovely in all details. :drool:

The chrome spider decs on the Soundstream system also rates mention. Wow.

because the average reader cant afford Bentleys and Porkers. Most prob drive Novas and Corsas. They do have quite a few ads and features on parts for a lot of big jap cars.

I mean other cars such as ours - why plaster it all over the front and then have nothing else that would appeal to people like us who drive these cars?

I just bought it expecting to see loads of Supes in the extra mag but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much!!!

I had a read of it. Most of the usual technical bullshit that magazines seem to recycle is in there. You know, stuff like:

• The second turbo is bigger than the first.
  • Headgaskets are a weak point
  • All jspec cars have small brakes
  • Stock clutches will barely handle to standard power

Why they never check any of this crap I don't know.

And Envy - stage 1 upgrade features a cold air induction kit :stickpoke

It was an alright read but disappointment one the selection of Supras - aparently that silver one is widearch :blink: :blink:

and as for best of the best??? WTF I can think of a few more Supras that have been featured that are better than those featured!

I stopped buying maxpower for couple of years now, only buy it when I go traveling abroad to have something to read in the plane, but had to buy this one cos of the supra bit, which still haven't had the time to read.

out of all the nice supras about, they chose some not very good ones apart from the chargspeed one.

Blimey! I've just looked through the main mag and well, there's not a lot in it is there? Apart from that Bentley I saw nothing of interest.

Thats because the missing chunk is the gap where they previously put all the slappers and tarts in ;)

so would that be the issue that is for sale at the moment?

Yes.

Must admit that the Supra feature was okay, but had some very wrong info in a couple of places. The cars they chose were nice, but hardly the best examples around.

The magazine itself seems to have improved dramatially in the last 10 years (its been that long since i last bought/read Max Power). The writing is far more mature and there was a nice feature on retro motors. It's still packed full of adds though, probably 40% of the pages consisted of them :(