The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Free 32 page Supra Special collectors edition mag

lui

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've got this months . i was bored !!!

and err there is no BOOBAGE what so ever.

and some semi interesting aticles. Also a very intresting one about cryogenics being used to make car parts last much longer.

So, Max Power has gone the same way as Redline which I've now bought for the second month running!:blink:

I think Gaz is taking back handers from the mag :D

:blink: Gaz writes for Max Power? :blink:

Kevin and I spent a fair bit of time advising them on the right way of doing things. Lets hope it doesn't get editted too much!

Max Power has went very upmarket recently, its a refreshing change.

Gaz.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up this months copy of Max Power mag & not a bad 32 page seperate Supra mag with it to & nice write up as well :eyebrows:

Looks like there might be a few more max power mags sold within the next day or two now :D :d :D

I fnk tht Mx Pwr is gr8!

To be fair, it has changed a lot recently and is aimed at older readers. Or I believe 'a 24-year old male who knows where he's going in life, is into i-pods and drives an Audi TT' (allegedly that's the reader they're writing it for now). The pictures are pretty good now and I imagine the Supra supplement will be great as they've featured a lot of good ones over the years - I mean, it's not like there's nobody on here that didn't see their first modified Supra on the pages of Max Power is it!

I'll get it.

I had to buy one. Nothing i was expecting but a nice little write up on the history. This forum is also at the back along with some of our traders like mr whiffin, envy, sumo etc.

I may read the mag in the next few weeks whilst on the toilet :lol:

I mean, it's not like there's nobody on here that didn't see their first modified Supra on the pages of Max Power is it!

Nah mate. I saw mine on the Fast and the Furious.;)

I saw Max Power at lunch-time and picked up a copy. Not read the supplement yet but the pics in it are lovely. I'm sure I've seen them on here before though.

To be fair, it has changed a lot recently and is aimed at older readers.

Your not kidding. OMG front to back and not a breast in sight. Alot more talking about more important things like engines and not how many light bulbs can you fit under your car.

Has been a few years since i last brought one.

ok - im about to commit forum suicide here.... but here goes.....

now im no chav, never have been, never will be - and i hate being called a boy racer. but max power got me into modifying cars whilst i was at school and (wait for it......) - i have EVERY issue since march 1996 (possibly august but definitely one of the two) sitting in my cupboard. back in the days it was a great mag, but it had its ups and downs. lately it just became too much so i thought id stop buying it- but they brought out their new look so i gave it a go - now im glad i did as the last few issues have been getting better and better. anyway im off to hide in a corner and prepare to be hunted down....

:run: :hide:

Well Hitten I would have to say I agree with you. My "non car" friends are always calling me a boy racer but it does not bother me.

Max Power got me into Modified cars in the first place, way back when I was much younger. I have owned a long list of cars all of which I have modded. Always wanted a Supra but seeing F&F made me go get one. Yes its modded and maybe not to everyones taste, but I like it, and also its a demo car for my company.

Yeah will admit there is a lot of rubbish in Modded Car mags, mainly the "Adult" Phone line ads, but seeing the new MP they do seem to have grown up a bit and its not a bad read.

Also Millsy if you want a giggle and can find a copy check out the Crawley Cruise Article in the May 05 Issue, quite an assuming pic of you and me holding a dustbin..!!! lol

Ah, was that the post cruise clean up - I remember it well. Surprisingly I probably have that issue somewhere!!

I like the new look Max Power, apart from it being hit or miss with regards to the features. One issue I looked at recently and the one thing I really wanted to read was about rat look aircooled VWs! I mean, would never have thought a feature like that would be why I'd want to buy Max Power. Anyway, variety is the spice of life. I also like Redline, PVW and many other magazines that are available at all good newsagents.

Despite featuring expensive up market cars they still have no adverts for parts for those cars - if you look at the adverts they are still for Novas and Corsas - whats the point??

So ya can bling up ya ride innit :D :chav:

Despite featuring expensive up market cars they still have no adverts for parts for those cars - if you look at the adverts they are still for Novas and Corsas - whats the point??

because the average reader cant afford Bentleys and Porkers. Most prob drive Novas and Corsas. They do have quite a few ads and features on parts for a lot of big jap cars.

isnt this down to the people who actually pay to advertise though and not the magazine itself? i mean if a company such as envy wanted to advertise im sure max power wouldnt stop them. if however envy didnt want to pay (completely hyperthetical this by the way) then max power wouldnt advertise them.simply as that.