The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Only Day at POD - NorthWest

Matt H

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im up for what ever you guys decide, are you thinking leaving mascrat at 7 is too late? is 6:30 more realistic? how far from mascrat is everyone?

how about if we aimed to leave Mascrat by 7am? then, 140-160 all the way there means we could have breakfast at Pod before the racing starts ;)

Wez dont forget you have some N/A boys with you, youll be at 160 before the N/A has wound the elastic bands up! Also as Matt proved supras dont like 160!:blink: sorry matt ill wait for the :slapped:

I am now going to this event. I think you guys are missing out on wanting to leave on Saturday morning. We normally go on the Friday night at about 6.30 to 7 pm. We stay over about 11 miles from Santa Pod. The road is quite, we have a meal at this American road side restaurant and drive around milton Keyens which on a Friday is packed with petrol heads. The travel lodge in Milton Keyens has a car park across the road that normally attracts hundreds of cars. You get up Saturday relaxed, and go for breakfist maybe a little detour for coffee at Turbo-Fit and then Santa Pod. It makes the weekend a nice experience rather than the race down on the morning and the race back after. I would definitly recommend the 1st option

I am now going to this event. I think you guys are missing out on wanting to leave on Saturday morning. We normally go on the Friday night at about 6.30 to 7 pm. We stay over about 11 miles from Santa Pod. The road is quite, we have a meal at this American road side restaurant and drive around milton Keyens which on a Friday is packed with petrol heads. The travel lodge in Milton Keyens has a car park across the road that normally attracts hundreds of cars. You get up Saturday relaxed, and go for breakfist maybe a little detour for coffee at Turbo-Fit and then Santa Pod. It makes the weekend a nice experience rather than the race down on the morning and the race back after. I would definitly recommend the 1st option

sounds good to me! altough im doing whatever Wez is doing! lol :D

this sounds like a really good idea - i'm going to look into going down the night before to avoid the RIDICULOUSLY early start!!

Leon, is it the Old Stratford Travelodge you're referring to?

can anyone be a backup to give Matt a lift if necessary? i don't fancy spending the night with him as well!

if i do end up going down Sat morning, i ain't fussed about the Toddington convoy, rather just get straight there & set off later!

this sounds like a really good idea - i'm going to look into going down the night before to avoid the RIDICULOUSLY early start!!

Leon, is it the Old Stratford Travelodge you're referring to?

can anyone be a backup to give Matt a lift if necessary? i don't fancy spending the night with him as well!

if i do end up going down Sat morning, i ain't fussed about the Toddington convoy, rather just get straight there & set off later!

There is a few but I will come back to you with the name of the 2 we normally use.

this place is only about 4 miles away and currently shows as having 4 rooms available @ £50 per room (double bed & sofa bed in each) - i'll give them a call in the morning & enquire about the parking & report back

Nice one Wez ;)

can you text me mate, I don't get online whilst at work nowadays :(

Mike

Wez. I might be interested in one of these. I see it sleeps 3 if needed? Can you text me in morning when you have called them, thanks.. Oh, by the way, i have sorted my helmet out already, thanks for the offer, cheers buddy.. MOBILE 07850-995045.

The travellodge with the American Diner is in Wellingboruogh Rushden and the one in Milton Keyens is Milton Keynes Central. Let us know what you decide. I am leaving Friday morning at 5.30am to get some final tweaking done by Turbo-fit and spend the day there.