The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Only Day at POD - NorthWest

Matt H

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those already signed up, what time do we want to get to the Pod ? By my reckoning it's going to take us close to 3 hours to get there, so we'll need to factor that in.

i don't fancy getting up too early! if we met at Mascrat at say 7.30-8 & get to Pod for 10.30-11 is that early enough?

i also wondered whether to head down the night before & stay at the Travelodge at Toddington Services where they're all convoying from in the morning? it's currently £39 for a room (can sleep adults)

Theres a "slight" chance i may be coming to this after all. Hopefully getting my car back tomorrow all fixed. Would still be a bit worried about thrashing it so soon after getting it back, plus im supposed to be going to Old Trafford on sat to watch utd v boro so would have to give my ticket up.

like that's a hard decision?!

if Rob takes his balls out of the wife's purse wwe could have a single-off :)

LOL how do you know were they have just been :D I should be able to come need to speak to the one of the garages tomorrow. If i miss out on my upgrades its all your fault :)

i don't fancy getting up too early! if we met at Mascrat at say 7.30-8 & get to Pod for 10.30-11 is that early enough?

The sign-on at POD starts at 9am....getting there for ~11 ish is a little late if you are a runner since, they normally close for 1hr (1-2pm for lunch) so, you would only get from 2-5pm running :(

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1366056&postcount=415

Theres a "slight" chance i may be coming to this after all. Hopefully getting my car back tomorrow all fixed. Would still be a bit worried about thrashing it so soon after getting it back, plus im supposed to be going to Old Trafford on sat to watch utd v boro so would have to give my ticket up.

:innocent: Gaz, that M/U ticket. I think you,ll have to pay some one to take that :p :p

The sign-on at POD starts at 9am....getting there for ~11 ish is a little late if you are a runner since, they normally close for 1hr (1-2pm for lunch) so, you would only get from 2-5pm running :(

lunch? the cheeky swines!

fair enough if we have to be there earlier, but it doesn't mention it being closed over lunch

what time do you guys think we should be aiming for then?

LOL how do you know were they have just been :D I should be able to come need to speak to the one of the garages tomorrow. If i miss out on my upgrades its all your fault :)

you don't deserve any more upgrades at the moment anyway!

:innocent: Gaz, that M/U ticket. I think you,ll have to pay some one to take that :p :p

good lad, make sure you give him some grief over being a scum fan on the day too, if he bothers coming ;)

I didn't want to hear that ;)

I did think the Toddington stop over sounded like a reasonable idea, but I'm a bit worried about the security for the Supes.

Mike

I didn't want to hear that ;)

I did think the Toddington stop over sounded like a reasonable idea, but I'm a bit worried about the security for the Supes.

Mike

yes i'd wondered about that, but i'm sure we could either ring them to see if they have any secure parking or see if there's anywhere else nearby that has? i'll have a ganders on lastminute later/tomorrow

originally thought toddington stop over was a great idea but then realised the girlfriend has got tickets to see blood brothers on the friday night. :(

I assume there will be some people that go and stay over and some that want to meet somewhere!

Do we want to swap some tel numbers so we can get hold of people? I for one have no ones mobile numbers?!

regards

Mike

I'll be going to this now (not competing though). I was planning on leaving Preston about 8am as my band is recording on Friday night so it could be a late one.

you don't fancy running Animal? looking forward to seeing all your carbon fibre goodies :)

you don't fancy running Animal? looking forward to seeing all your carbon fibre goodies :)

I'd love to, but I'm absolutely broke this month. I can only just afford the fuel to get there & back. I've had far too much to pay for this month - tyres, mot, tax & insurance all needed doing this month on top of everything else.

Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone though.