The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Only Day at POD - NorthWest

Matt H

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, only BPU :innocent:

I will bring my video cam which, I won at work. I have just got a clamp so, hope to fit it onto my harness bar for in-car action and got an old tripod off my grandad for some static filming on the start line.

Not sure how good it will be as I have never used it before (or anyother)

I'll be bringing my cameras :idea: ,

Nice one Rob, good to see the North West can be relied upon to support the bigger club events. Shame that Matt has let us down ;) (sorry mate that was a little below the belt)

Rob - is Anna coming or do you have a spare seat :innocent:

Mike

aye just in case

I though it was the rules? 5th paragraph down?

This is a private club event and entrance is by invitation only. All club members are automatically invited, but those wishing to attend must add their name to the calendar list clearing stating how many guests they will be bringing with them.

Participation in this event is by pre-arranagement only, and is on a first come, first served basis. Payment to paritcipate is required to secure your place.

All participants must be aged 21 or over. Please ensure you bring along your driving license as either the club officials, or Santa Pod staff, may ask to check this before you are allowed to participate.

Participants will be asked to provide us with the license plate number so that the security guard can check you are allowed on the track. Spectators not attending in a Supra should bring along their membership card to ensure they can get past security.

Participants in this event will be expected to abide by the terms & conditions stipulated by Santa Pod Raceway Limited. This includes wearing a helmet if your expected terminal speed is in excess of 100mph.

All members, including their guests, are expected to behave in a suitable manner at all times. Any behaviour or driving that is likely to bring the club into disrepute, or causes danger to another member or their guests, will result in the member and their guests being asked to leave the event with no recourse to a refund from the club.

Any members or guests who bring along children are reminded that this is a motor sport event and therefore has the dangers associated with any motor sport. All children attending this event must be under constant adult supervision.

This is an alcohol free event! No alcohol is allowed on the site – this includes for guests and non-participants of the events. Any participants suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused access to the track with no recourse to a refund from the club.

There will be a 20mph speed limit imposed whilst driving around the site. There is to be no racing, doughnuts, wheel spins, skidding or any other unacceptable driving whilst on the site, with the exception of participating in the drag race event itself.

You are not allowed to bring or use any cooking equipment (BBQs, gas stoves etc) as Santa Pod prohibits this. Santa Pod will be either opening their café or a food van for hot food and drinks. You may bring along cold food or soft drinks as long as you collect together your rubbish and take it home with you.

The club has already paid Santa Pod the full amount to secure the booking; therefore we will start collecting the money from people wishing to participate straight away. Spectators can pay in advanced but they are also allowed to pay at the gate.

No refunds will be given if you fail to attend the event, or if you are refused access to the track for any reason.

Althought the club has secured cancellation insurance for this event, there are many terms and conditions for the policy that could mean we get no pay out even if the event is cancelled. Therefore you should assume that if this event is cancelled, and the club is unable to receive a full refund from Santa Pod or the insurers, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY!

By agreeing to these terms and conditions you further indemnify the organisers from and against all legal liability in respect of any costs, claims, damages, demands, penalties, actions, proceedings, suits, losses or expenses in respect of or arising out of the injury to or the death of any person, or damage to any property arising from your participation in the activity.

I'll be bringing my cameras :idea: ,

Nice one Rob, good to see the North West can be relied upon to support the bigger club events. Shame that Matt has let us down ;) (sorry mate that was a little below the belt)

Rob - is Anna coming or do you have a spare seat :innocent:

Mike

Anna might be coming down she'd not made her mind up :tongue:

Too much info Rob!!!

LOL :D

:( Have a good time down there Lads and Lasses ..wish i could come down ............ I Cant get out of work :complain:

Cheers

Ian

Shame that matey would have like to see yours run! May be next time :)

3000 :party: :friday:

I though it was the rules? 5th paragraph down?

I asked this question in the chit chat thread :

okay, got some more answers

1) crash helmets - they are still being relaxed about this. If you are running 120mph terminals then expect to be asked to use a helmet. Below that and you 'should' be okay unless you are snaking up the track like a loony. So crash hats are optional for most BPU people.

2) camping - they are actively considering letting people camp over on Saturday night. HOWEVER, the gates will be locked at 6pm and you wont be able to get out. THey will confirm if its possible shortly.

3) we will be looking to start the drag runs for 9.30am, gates will open at 8.30am

4) the whole pit area track side is available for us to use as we see fit. We may keep a small area set aside for 'gorgeous cars' and for one of the traders and their winebego. The rest of it we will allow free reign for supra parking.

5) apparently when the RWYB days are on the whole 'fire up lane' contains about 150 cars, so we should fill that lane up to about half way, which means a seriously quick turnaround for competitors. Sort of like it was when RWYB first started.

any other questions?

JB

3000 :party: :friday:

I asked this question in the chit chat thread :

Ah not read that thread TBH but was just going off what a mate of my said about pod and the rules in the thread but if that is the case then may be not bother :) But looking at monkeymark thread most of the singles terminals are over 120 :blink: so i think i'll keep mine on :) Was going to say i have a couple of helmets if anyone wants to borrow one :)

Ah not read that thread TBH but was just going off what a mate of my said about pod and the rules in the thread but if that is the case then may be not bother :) But looking at monkeymark thread most of the singles terminals are over 120 :blink: so i think i'll keep mine on :) Was going to say i have a couple of helmets if anyone wants to borrow one :)

I haven't got one Rob, so if your head is as big as mine I wouldn't mind borrowing a skid lid for the runs ;)

Mik

I haven't got one Rob, so if your head is as big as mine I wouldn't mind borrowing a skid lid for the runs ;)

Mik

Yeah no problems matey :) im sure it will fit tbh don't mind anyone borrowing either of them whilst there doing their runs :) I have a full suit and gloves set but i think ill leave them at home :) Always feel a bit of a tool whilst driving in it :) the best was a few years ago when i got pull in it on the way back from a track day the coppers faces was a picture :D

On a serious note however, whos taking me down?!?!?!?!?!

can you be at Mascrat? think my passenger seat is free, but none of that gay music you were playing at Mascrat, deal? bring a movie or something!

Mike have you seen that photo? :p

Have you guys decided if you are going down on friday night or meeting at Mascrat?

if i knew the car was safe on the fri night somewhere then i'd be happy to head down the night before, otherwise it looks like an early start

how about if we aimed to leave Mascrat by 7am? then, 140-160 all the way there means we could have breakfast at Pod before the racing starts ;)

can you be at Mascrat? think my passenger seat is free, but none of that gay music you were playing at Mascrat, deal? bring a movie or something!

if i knew the car was safe on the fri night somewhere then i'd be happy to head down the night before, otherwise it looks like an early start

how about if we aimed to leave Mascrat by 7am? then, 140-160 all the way there means we could have breakfast at Pod before the racing starts ;)

I'll leave a good 2 hours before that then and you boys can catch Grandpa up somewhere around th M6 toll. :senile:

Mike

I'm kinda torn on this, because I'm hopeless at getting up early, but don't want to have to plant it on the way down, it's gonna be heavy enough on fuel as it is.

We'll want to get to the Pod reasonably early otherwise we'll miss out on a number of runs, or might even have to wait until pod staff have finished their lunch before we can register.

According to the RAC route planner it'll take about 2 hours 40 from Mascrat, so I'd suggest leaving as close to 7:00 as possible. What does everyone think?

Mike

Hmm, thats 10 when we get there? Im gonna have to think on this

one? Thats back of the que? 1-2 hour waiting? lunch before we run? I may leave / set off around 5.30-6,00 from home, get there around 9-9,30.

I'd like to get there for about the same time, but working backwards that's a real early start. It has been known for me to see the wrong side of 6:00am but it is rare ;)

I'm happy to set off that early if everyone else is up for it. I know Peter is signed up for the Toddington convoy so will likely be making his own way down unless we all want to aim for that too. It just makes it a very long day :zzz:

Mike