The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fed up

paul_y3k

The sad reality is you really need to know and understand a few basics when going single. In recent times many people have tried the cheapest routes and have come unstuck.

There are however many single cars running perfectly (the ones you don't hear about).

true, but I only made the descion after talking to lots of people on here. So felt fairly confident. I'm also a sucker for beliving what the guys with the spanners tell me.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not cheap to do right but god DAMMMM its worth it:D

:yeahthat:

My mapping was scheduled to be finished Saturday, but does anything ever go simple ? Nope. So had a pretty disheartening Saturday, STILL on 0.5\0.6bar just wouldn't boost anymore.

Found the split hose (think I know when it happened too) and boosting to 1.2bar now. The smile on my face for my drive home :D The car is flying, still more power to come AFRs on 11.7 at WOT and only 1.2bar. After nearly a year of ownership, I'm finally getting there and BOY is the smile on my face a big one.

true, but I only made the descion after talking to lots of people on here. So felt fairly confident. I'm also a sucker for beliving what the guys with the spanners tell me.

Paul, im sure we can all relate in some way or another, hang in their bud, firstly get the car feeling right to drive. With singles if it aint driving right then it's more than likely that the mapping needs to be tweaked.

A not so good map can make the car feel so shite, but once sorted it really does bring a smile to one's face:)

Whats's the spec of you car and what ECU/Piggyback are using to map?

Guest Terry S

That really is the problem mate. Cutting through the BS is very difficult. Let me know if you need any help.

I too would be interested in the mapping solution and who did the conversion :) I get the nasty feeling, and don't take this the wrong way, that you fell for the "you can go single for £2500" line that was bandied around a couple of years ago, and it's come back to haunt you :(

Having the warning light on all the times means you can check your error codes (

The exhaust thing does sound odd, piccies please.

Ignore front bumper for now

Not feeling right under acceleration? Can you expand on this? Misfire? Sluggish? Power fades in and out?

What makes you think the front shocks are buggered? Are they leaking fluid? Is the handling to cock? Any noises (that you can hear over the front bumper ;) )

Bodywork, meh. File under "whatever" ;) The idea is you go past people too fast for them to even get the colour right.

What's your problem with the Profec? And why do you feel the urge to fiddle with it as it controls your boost...?

-Ian

Ian,

it's such a long story and to be honest it's starting to get lost in time. but yes it was a similar story of doing it cheaper. ( sponser cartype thing)suffice to say

went to one supplier ... who ceased trading, got car back missing lots of engine

went to another place who over time rebuilt it mapped it.

went to third to look at small problems and fit rltc. whilst there engine goes bang, queue rebuild.

will check error codes, provide piccys in the daylight. With regars the feeling - to me it just feels tired ? I would love a ride in a similar single to compare, or even have someone drive mine and tell me if I'm ok.

front shocks, are just noisy, but that could be bumber related.

I'm just wishing i could go back to twins.

I can fully sympathise with you Paul. One minute I'm thinking how best to get rid of it and get something sensiblem next minute just want to get the damn thing running properly.

All I can say ofr now is just get things fixed one step at a time. Get the annoying thing done first (squeeky bumper), then the mapping. Looks - phah, who cares what it looks like :D

I know how you feel Paul, i hate mine at the minute. Gonna get it fixed up right and then when everything's sorted and it's running well, probably sell it. I don't feel the need for it's power anymore and the noise is annoying me. Might just get a stock 350Z and put some wheels and a kit on it and leave it at that...

I know how you feel Paul, i hate mine at the minute. Gonna get it fixed up right and then when everything's sorted and it's running well, probably sell it. I don't feel the need for it's power anymore and the noise is annoying me. Might just get a stock 350Z and put some wheels and a kit on it and leave it at that...

:eek: :faint: