The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net Membership (part copied due to hijacking)

Suprash

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

It always amazes me, why people want to know where their money has gone. Every single one of us must waste more than £10 every month on something, if not every week! You've only got to go for an hours drive and its gone!

I've been a member of several car clubs over the years, and some nowhere near as presitgious as the Supra, yet cost more than double the amount. Not once have I ever questioned where the money goes. And thinking about it, not one of them has been as beneficial to me as this one.

I see the membership as a building block of things to come.

Rome wasn't built in a day, all good thing come to those who wait, you can't please all the people all the time. - Just a few sayings that spring to mind.

Sorry if my post seems a bit stroppy, it's not meant to be, but I've had a bit of a drink this evening... Hmmm, wasted another tenner!:innocent:

For me Matt has hit the nail on the head.

If you want to post on the board it costs £10, thats it, no arguments. If you eventually get other benefits out of it, then its an added bonus.

If you don't think its worth £10 to be here, as far as I'm aware nobody is holding a gun to your head.

I really don't care if JB and the other mods are making a great living out of the BBS, personally its well worth the 20p a week to be here :)

Like lots of others, I've been a member of car clubs that cost a lot more than a tenner and give back far less than this one.

If we all spent more time positively doing things for the club rather than trying to work out where our measly £10 has gone to, I'm sure that there would be events every week that we could attend

I can see everyones point, and Im not sure if your aware that I didnt actually start this thread, Im still clueless to who did but I did reply in the membership thread as it was something that I wondered, I certainally am not that worried about it that I wanted to start a thread. I know its only £10 pounds, I was just quering the bigger picture. Anyway I have made my peace, I aint kissing you all again ;) :D

Another day a new thread...........

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

Sorry if my post seems a bit stroppy, it's not meant to be, but I've had a bit of a drink this evening...

http://www.shaunssite.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/new_rofl.gif

Mate, who you trying to fool, you know you couldnt be even if ya wanted to..... ;) You body wouldnt allow it..........

Disclaimer: I have not been sat here thinking about Matts body. :(

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

For me Matt has hit the nail on the head.

If you want to post on the board it costs £10, thats it, no arguments. If you eventually get other benefits out of it, then its an added bonus.

If you don't think its worth £10 to be here, as far as I'm aware nobody is holding a gun to your head.

I really don't care if JB and the other mods are making a great living out of the BBS, personally its well worth the 20p a week to be here :)

Like lots of others, I've been a member of car clubs that cost a lot more than a tenner and give back far less than this one.

If we all spent more time positively doing things for the club rather than trying to work out where our measly £10 has gone to, I'm sure that there would be events every week that we could attend

:thumbs:

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

And in contrast it wasn't that long ago that you were a member of a car club that cost nothing and gave more :)

At the end of the day it's down to the members and the mods to make the club better if it needs to be, if I decided I fancied going to an event with the MR2 chaps I organised the event rather than waiting for someone else to and then complaining when they didn't - if I wanted a discount on a product I contacted the company using the buying power of the club and arranged a discount, the IMOC affiliates page is evidence of my desire to save money, if that gets passed onto others then so be it.

What I'm saying is that *we* are the club and if we want to do something then we should, the thing that holds me back at the moment is the fact that there is a defined structure with so many mods I don't want to tread on any toes, that and the fact that when I do try and arrange something hardly anyones shows an interest :)

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Im not sure if your aware that I didnt actually start this thread, Im still clueless to who did but I did reply in the membership thread as it was something that I wondered, I certainally am not that worried about it that I wanted to start a thread.

Sorry mate, that was my fault. Because you put the first post about it in the announcements section, when I split the threads up the 'new' thread (this one, containing all the off topic stuff) shows with you as the originator of it.

Originally posted by Supragal

Sorry mate, that was my fault. Because you put the first post about it in the announcements section, when I split the threads up the 'new' thread (this one, containing all the off topic stuff) shows with you as the originator of it.

;) Dont worry thats :cool:

FFS people - get a clue, it's 10 QUID not a hundred or thousand or million !! don't we all have better things to do with our time than worry about this .................... REALLY !!

errm .......... my 2p that is ! :p

Blimey, what started out as the most simplest of questions has taken 6 pages of argument to sort out.

This is my first post on this thread as it seems to have all kicked off pretty quickly, haven't logged onto a PC in two days and when I come back there's 6 pages of reading to do ! :p

Anyway, after the first post of 'what does the £10 payment goto?' [paraphrasing] it has resulted in a, lets say, small dissagreement between a few individuals.

So to summarise as I see it then it is as below :

Question:

Where does my £10 payment goto?

Answer (paraphrasing from moderators):

Not sure as we don't have detailed accounts of club expendature. Basic breakdown of accounts will be posted soon.

Some of the money has gone to producing stickers and business cards.

Is the above correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Blimey, this threrad should only have taken 1 page to answer. :p

I should become a polotician or something :innocent:

Money, it's a crime.

Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie.

Have to say I'm made up with my membership. I got a door for £115 delivered, a door mirror for £55 and all sorts of other stuff dirt cheap. And the advice is superb.

I happen to like Far's jokes too :D

Originally posted by AJI

Blimey, what started out as the most simplest of questions has taken 6 pages of argument to sort out.

Blimey, this threrad should only have taken 1 page to answer. :p

I should become a polotician or something :innocent:

And I didnt even start it, well not intentionally :(

Originally posted by AJI

So to summarise as I see it then it is as below :

Question:

Where does my £10 payment goto?

Answer (paraphrasing from moderators):

Not sure as we don't have detailed accounts of club expendature. Basic breakdown of accounts will be posted soon.

Some of the money has gone to producing stickers and business cards.

Is the above correct? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"not sure" isn't quite right. We know whats been bought and so on but more exact numbers require more time to produce. Accounts still being set up btw

Stickers-correct

set up for club clothing logo also paid for by club

chairs and gazeebo thingy paid for by club

snacks on table at xmas do offered

but as i say i'll put all this down when i've got all the info.

This is ridiculous.

We all spend a fortune on cars. For £10 for a year we get a very reliable BBS and chat facility, to post, make contact, sell stuff, buy stuff, meet some fantastic people and probably save a small fortune if advice from resident experts is taken.

Behind the scenes people give up hours of their own time (for which I for one am very grateful)to make it all happen, and keep it a place worth visiting. I can understand peoples wish to see some accounts but apart from that I cant see what all the fuss is about.

Having organised one club event, the time taken was huge and the personal financial costs were not insignificant. So I know why there is not a huge rush to organise one.

Just to put it in perspective, I play the lottery every week £3.00 a time, I have won £250 and spent over two grand, and I never thought once of seeing the Lottery accounts . Whats that got to do with you say, nothing, but it just seem to get so heated over £10. No one is going to retire because of us.

It is quite simple don’t renew if £10 is so important.

Chill out guys and girls lifes too short.

Membership of this BBS, is the only Supra related thing where I have had true value for money.

I dont care where the money goes!

(images of Branners at Spearment Rhino sharing bottles of Champagne with blondes in tight little panties, hair in a mess, snorting coke, big wet patch on his trousers lol)

:eek: :p

Bloody hell... :eek:

Simple honest question, and everyones duffing each other up!

Not going to summarise whats been said, cos I think its been done several times on each page! Despite that people are still going rround in circles :(

This is a god club, run by people with a genuine enthusiasm for their cars and who put a bloody great deal of effort into this for no direct financial reward. In any case, if it is that much effort maybe they should get a few quid out of it. I've got no problems with that!

LOL! @ Chase!

This thread does make me laugh. We seem to have half that arnt happy and half that concur with my (worthless, useless:D) post of, its a tenner if you dont like, dont click the url! Looking at the number of views of this post, its way up in the popularity tables!

So it seems we can agree on somethings and we will probably always disagree about the others.

God its like being married all over again!

Originally posted by BigRoy

LOL! @ Chase!

This thread does make me laugh. We seem to have half that arnt happy and half that concur with my (worthless, useless:D) post of, its a tenner if you dont like, dont click the url! Looking at the number of views of this post, its way up in the popularity tables!

So it seems we can agree on somethings and we will probably always disagree about the others.

God its like being married all over again!

I can't help thinking that the point is being missed.

I haven't seen anyone moaning about the cost?

What most I think are trying to say is that if there is money left, how much and what can we use it for?

Track Days fully funded is obviously not going to happen and we all know that I think. There is no reason not to have a track day and maybe fund some food or something. As I have found trying to organise the Alton Towers meet, people are well up for stuff initially and then all fall by the way-side when it actually gets sorted on their behalf.

This alton towers thing is probably going to leave me about £250 quid down, but I am happy to do it still for those who have commited themselves to it and sent me their money.

Like you say Roy, there will always be disagreements and nobody can help that - fact of life. I do think it's important that people understand what it is that people are trying to say though.

I have spoken to Branners today about it all and he has been very accomodating and after reading my initial posts his words were that he now understands what people were trying to say and he is all for it. At least from my point of view thats all I wanted. I was just asking what the possibility was of having some transparency so we can then use what little money there is to do something that benefits the club further. An annual meeting of some description (once the ball is rolling) I think would be a very good way to plunder some of those funds.

It is just as important though that rather than the mods and a select few others always trying to sort stuff out, that the members are truly geared up for it. It's easy to say "yes I'll do this that and the other" but you have to actually do it (and I have been guilty of this myself).

It is a club for us and by us therefore there is only us to blame if we can't make it what we wanted. With all the petty arguments and stuff going on lately it can make things difficult (again something I am guilty of as well - for which I apologise to those involved).

I think most people in this thread that were asking the question are now satisfied with the answers and proposals given by JB and Rosie and another thread has been started asking what people want. Like Rosie & Roy said, you can't complain that stuff isn't being done if you don't ask for it and put in some effort yourself.

So, to make it a more successful club than it already is we ALL need to put some effort in.

That's all I have to say.

(I did do my best to avoid this thread after my previous post but felt that it was prudent to post while I wasn't wound up with the whole thing).

Hey how about we pay a couple of quid more and we have a Supra Lottery and each year someone wins a couple of thousand pounds worth of mods for their car he he

Btw I didn't realise it was a 'God' club either, does that mean we have to start praying again.

:D

I think the BBS/Supra club is great, very good value for money, and the ten pounds gets rid of the riff raff element.

Everyone can afford a tenner surely!

:cool:

Guest The Flash

..... has made me smile anyway!

Personally - as I am selling the car due to how much it costs..... the £10 is the cheapest and most cost effective part of Supra ownership.

I dont write much, but will keep checking in so I dont miss gems like this thread.

Bring on Figo!!!!:D :D :D