The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net Membership (part copied due to hijacking)

Suprash

Lmao -muah!

Although I do draw the line at kissing JB myself - each to their own :D

I think everyone is pretty satisfied now and if/when the question comes up again it is easy to point people at this thread and hush them.

Ta

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive never even thought about this but you do not have to be a rocket scientist to work out why this question keeps coming up. Stealthhost asked:

Either

1) This is a club with paid for membership (non-profit organisation) that has a duty to publish details on the clubs finances to ensure that it is non-profit

or

2) That the club is a business, in which case accounts are submittable to the Inland revenue.

No one really ever answers this..............

Originally posted by Darren

Ive never even thought about this but you do not have to be a rocket scientist to work out why this question keeps coming up. Stealthhost asked:

1) This is a club with paid for membership (non-profit organisation) that has a duty to publish details on the clubs finances to ensure that it is non-profit

No one really ever answers this..............

Sorry, thought that was obvious :D

Ash, just one thing mate:

"Also yes events are organised by individuals. Im talking about a track day where we can turn up and have enrty free on the club, or a BBQ, where we havent got to pay for the beer, its by the club, everyone pissed big photo shoot at teh end of the day. Am I really on my own in this absent way of thinking."

Erm I have no idea how much track days cost but I would hazzard a guess that booking a track, entry, beer, food per person, photographer, photos etc will come to a LOT more than £10 each... and even if it was £10 then none of your membership has gone to the running of the club? See the problem?

I see your point, another quick example= xmas party thing. Club will put snacks on tables? How does that sound? That kinda thing help?

Also, the tshirt thing is totally optional. The club decided to pay for the logo set up for the reasons previous stated i.e. not fair on people in the future PLUS we can re-use the logo for other things. You may say "but thats not fair on people not wanting a tshirt" but so's spending it on a track day if people dont want to do that. Theres never going to be something that everyone whos paid their £10 wants to do is there? Equally, we're not giving you a tshirt as part of your membership, it comes more under "club running costs" trying to offer members more nice stuff. I'm probably not explaining things well but I'm sleepy anyway. And blonde.

Still, sounds like it's all sorted out for the time being ;)

I personally think if people dont like this forum then change the url and go somewhere else. If you do like it (well your reading it on a regular basis so I presume you do) then pay your measly £10 and enjoy.

If members want a track day then get off your arses and organise one, again the same for a bbq.

I wanted a forum just like this one, without people dragging it down, so I asked to be a moderator. If you want x,y,or z out of it then stand up and be counted and stop whinging.

Roy,

a) nobody so far has said the don't like the forum

b) nobody so far has said they begrudge paying the £10

c) This question has been answered by Branners

d) your post:

If you want x,y,or z out of it then stand up and be counted and stop whinging.

Contradicts itself..... if you want something say (like he did do) and stop whinging..... um.... which is it - do you want him to say when he wants something or to stop whinging?

If you don't have anything useful to say then why bother wasting your time hitting the keys?

(and we are in June - your subscription is due :D - Just thought you may want to know )

Originally posted by BigRoy

I personally think if people dont like this forum then change the url and go somewhere else. If you do like it (well your reading it on a regular basis so I presume you do) then pay your measly £10 and enjoy.

If members want a track day then get off your arses and organise one, again the same for a bbq.

I wanted a forum just like this one, without people dragging it down, so I asked to be a moderator. If you want x,y,or z out of it then stand up and be counted and stop whinging.

Lol! Stroppy mods alert!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p

Free track days paid by the club? hahaha, they cost a fortune. My m8 in his lotus club gets a club discount, but hes still paying £110 + for it. Fair point about finding cheaper hosts or whatever, but come on, £10 a year is pittance. I bet most people on here spend half that a day on fuel.

There have been so many threads for RR and Track days. And when it comes to it, the people just dont sign up in the numbers required. We've had a coupld of good RR days with mainly Supras in attendance.. one at G-Force a year or two ago and the other at Thor, both were good fun even though they might not have been 'official club days'.

I think its up to more members being more motivated to get out and get some local/national events organised.. the regional meets seem to be quite successful.

Originally posted by stealthhosts

Roy,

So whats the problem?

And?

d) your post:

My post what?

Contradicts itself..... if you want something say (like he did do)

No say is easy, so is typing, I mean get off your ardses and DO it!

and stop whinging..... um.... which is it - do you want him to say when he wants something or to stop whinging?

STOP WHINGING Please!

If you don't have anything useful to say then why bother wasting your time hitting the keys?

I'll tell you when I meet you.

(and we are in June - your subscription is due :D - Just thought you may want to know )

Yes I know, how sad you looked.

Bobeh, fair point about the track days costing alot of money, but Im sure there must be a cheaper option, like an air field, theres loads of small ones around. Plus I bet we have double the members now then when the last time someone tried to get numbers up.

Its just like buying a car, your told it will have 4 wheels, 4 seats and a handbrake, so you pay your money, only to find out it has 2 wheel, one seat and a foot stand. When the whole membership thing was first brought up, alot of people wasnt overly keen on it, and it was portrayed as a resource that would be used for such things like RR days, BBQs, whatever we can afford, it just hasnt materialised really. And its not really a comparrison when you say its only £10 because £10 X 300 (users that have posted over 70 posts and within the last 2 years, so a good probability they are fully paid) = £3000, we're into our second year, so you can add some more, plus traders fees and banner ads, which supposedly already pays for the hosting.

Anyway, Im trying to work so I'll say now more on the subject.

:blink:

Did the admins ever say it would be used for that? TBH I didnt expect anything other than stickers and cards, and to keep the boards going. It would be nice to have these events you mentioned.. location is a PITA also, track days for example, where would it be, and would it be 'fair' for those in scotland or north england if we had it down in kent!?

Its still early days, im sure things will change as we get more organised as a club :)

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roy,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So whats the problem?

Read the posts

quote:

And?

Therefore your post is pointless

quote:

d) your post:

My post what?

Note the colon - the paragraph beneath was the one being referred to

quote:

Contradicts itself..... if you want something say (like he did do)

No say is easy, so is typing, I mean get off your ardses and DO it!

huh?, no idea what your attempting to say in the start of that. With regard to "getting off arses" see sig - I am

quote:

and stop whinging..... um.... which is it - do you want him to say when he wants something or to stop whinging?

STOP WHINGING Please!

I wasn't whinging about anything, perhaps you should read the posts

quote:

I'll tell you when I meet you.

Really? will it take you that long to think of an answer?, get off your own arse and come to alton towers/elvington/york racetrack/TOTB3 - you can tell me then, I'm not hard to spot!

quote:

(and we are in June - your subscription is due - Just thought you may want to know )

Yes I know, how sad you looked.

It's sad that I can read? It's right under your username, it doesn't take an intellectual. How easily impressed you are

I don't see what your so pissed about, perhaps your not getting any? Calm down and read what people have actually said before jumping down their throats. I have no more time for this thread. If you wanna discuss this further you can email/pm me.

Easy everyone! Lets have a little peace if this is to be discussed.

As said, it has come up many times, and swiftly degenerated to what it is now: A big personal arguement, with nothing conclusively answered by eirther 'side'.

I did not really want to get involved, I have not entered into any of the previous threads (arguements) on this, but was one of the original members supporting the membership thing.

My thoughts:

Membership is a good, I supported it and still do.

However, something IS annoying me here:

The lack of infomation. It has been asked and it takes all of 10mins to post accounts and details. Yet the ranks close and the good old excuses come up, followed by attacks on anyone who questions them.

Also, this BBS's standards are in decline. Why? It is a LOT more money/trader orientated than it used to be. Also, the place is OVER moderated. We have several mods here who seem a bit too enthusiastic to trim/prune/delete at the drop of a hat. I preferred JB's modding: Strong when needed, but generally relaxed.

Answer the questions for good. Then LET THIS REST!!!

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Easy everyone! Lets have a little peace if this is to be discussed.

here here!

My thoughts:

Membership is a good, I supported it and still do.

However, something IS annoying me here:

The lack of infomation. It has been asked and it takes all of 10mins to post accounts and details. Yet the ranks close and the good old excuses come up, followed by attacks on anyone who questions them.

I'm not sure I follow this mate, if you mean 10 minutes to post account info then thats not true is it? It woud take me longer than that to post my personal account details let alone the club ones plus all expenditure so far.

Also, this BBS's standards are in decline. Why? It is a LOT more money/trader orientated than it used to be. Also, the place is OVER moderated. We have several mods here who seem a bit too enthusiastic to trim/prune/delete at the drop of a hat. I preferred JB's modding: Strong when needed, but generally relaxed.

I have to disagree on this one. Personally I have yet to moderate a thread that I have not had a specific request to get involved with. The purpose of bringing more mods on was because JB felt the board was under moderated.

This , however is the type of issue that I've asked repeatedly for feedback on and not had a single pm. If we dont know what you want/don't want how can we do anything about it?

Answer the questions for good. Then LET THIS REST!!!

As we've said, several times now, all in good time :D

lol

Good point. Sorry, I'd imagine that that's my fault I've been to busy (see we're not making it up- we do have our own lives too :D ) to update Roys info. I might even do it today. baaa, it's only Roy, maybe not...:p

Perhaps a little longer than 10mins, but you get what I mean :) It will save these things coming up so often, good on both 'sides'. Perhaps setting a date to have it published by? Nobody (I think) is after massive detail, just a basic account setup, not IRS-approved. ;)

My moderation comment was not aimed at all mods, but one does come to mind as being FAR too controlling. It may have been a bit under-modded before, but it is in excess ATM.

The best way to get feedback from the public is in a more direct form from my experience. Ask specifically about one aspect. My apologies if you have already done this.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Perhaps setting a date to have it published by?

Yes, deadlines are good, but as mentioned we are in the process of setting up new accounts which takes ages for a 'club' type account, plus if we promise a deadline and then whoevers doing its full time job gets busy then you'll only be let down. I should add at this point that not everyone has access to the club account so it's not like theres loads of us that can do this.

In fact, b*******, I'll get it done. As soon as I can physically do it, so, if anyone wants to know progress etc speak to me. I am officially taking ownership of this 'problem'

My moderation comment was not aimed at all mods, but one does come to mind as being FAR too controlling. It may have been a bit under-modded before, but it is in excess ATM.

The best way to get feedback from the public is in a more direct form from my experience. Ask specifically about one aspect. My apologies if you have already done this.

:D If we don't have time to arrange BBQs and track days and supply bank info, how the hell are we gonna have time to specifically question everyone? I'm joking, I know thats not what you meant fella.

My point is that, how can I ask about a subject if to me it's not an issue i.e. I'm not aware of it?! For example, I don't think the board is overmoderated therefore why would i randomly ask the question?

Please people, I'll say it AGAIN, if you want to query anything, ask anything, give feedback, WHATEVER, just contact a mod!! We're not here just to delete your naughty posts :D ;)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Did the admins ever say it would be used for that? TBH I didnt expect anything other than stickers and cards, and to keep the boards going. It would be nice to have these events you mentioned.. location is a PITA also, track days for example, where would it be, and would it be 'fair' for those in scotland or north england if we had it down in kent!?

Its still early days, im sure things will change as we get more organised as a club :)

Thanks mate, this pretty much summaries a lot of the things I'm trying to say...also something you said in your previous post that I forget now... :lalala:

just for additional info, we are considering using club funds to hire security at the Xmas events so the cars are safe. That level of outlay CAN be done. A track day will cost in excess of £2000, we can subsidise it but that means 30-40 members get the benefit and the club funds get heavily depleated.

Something like a club BBQ can be done, again it would be subsidised in some way but many more members can benefit from it.

Ashley, you dont know how much I pay for hosting and what benefits I get with it, Lewis did a ballpark quote a while back but didnt get close. I dont like posting up the prices I pay for things as I ALWAYS get people saying 'I could have got that much cheaper', when infact they cant. I did a comparitive quote with Titan (sxoc host) and it was way more than we pay now. Its a great value service.

I also wont take on huge payments for events as if we find people back out (which they always do) then the club funds get stuffed and we have no way of getting the money back.

Also worth noting that the club is paying for the stand space at JAE where other clubs are charging it back to their paying members.

JB

It always amazes me, why people want to know where their money has gone. Every single one of us must waste more than £10 every month on something, if not every week! You've only got to go for an hours drive and its gone!

I've been a member of several car clubs over the years, and some nowhere near as presitgious as the Supra, yet cost more than double the amount. Not once have I ever questioned where the money goes. And thinking about it, not one of them has been as beneficial to me as this one.

I see the membership as a building block of things to come.

Rome wasn't built in a day, all good thing come to those who wait, you can't please all the people all the time. - Just a few sayings that spring to mind.

Sorry if my post seems a bit stroppy, it's not meant to be, but I've had a bit of a drink this evening... Hmmm, wasted another tenner!:innocent:

Maybe it might help comparing to another club ? I dont wish to cause more trouble, Im far from unhappy with the club, but perhaps the following list might be commented on by the mods, as in coming soon, good idea, cant do that etc etc

i used to belong to the Peugeot GTI Owners club (PGAC) and for £10 a year the benefits were ....

:: Discounted insurance scheme

:: Quarterly Club Magazine - full glossy colour

:: Excellent Discount Scheme

:: Exclusive members only and club website's

:: FREE email account - [email protected]

:: Peugeot Motor Company endorsed

:: Technical advice and assistance

:: Regular rolling road shootouts and local events

:: National shows including our very own French Car Show

:: Introduction pack including membership card, tax disc holder and window sticker

:: Club merchandise

:: Private Forum Access

:: Private messaging

:: National events such as Trax, Doncaster (Donny) and other major shows - all discounted.

:: Our very own major show / National Day with massive gathering of French cars (over 3500 in 2002) at our French Car Show.

:: Local gatherings and events i.e Rolling Road Shootouts, meeting Race Teams, Karting and more.

:: Regional Meetings, organised through regional leaders

::Discount Scheme:

Pug Performance, Ecosse, Autofive, Spax, Dastek Uni-chip, Adrian Flux Insurance plus another 30 companies and the list is growing.

At the last count they had plus 2000 members which obvisly makes things that much more easier. the National Show does require you to buy a ticket, but it goes to paying for the event and further club funds to help with everything else.

*runs and hides*