The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another single build! PHR street kit

rpslaughter1982

Had the same problem mate tried a few different things but in the end used my PHR oil feed return plate with a new 90 angle adapter use can get them from here http://www.thinkauto.com/ . I got mine from Greg @ Turbofit who was a top man :) and sorted out a custom one out me.

Hope you get it sorted

EDIT: See below just found a photo

Thanks, I've now ordered the adapter from thinkauto so will soon have the same setup as you[GRIN][/GRIN]

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been running that turbo for last 2 years or more ( L4 SUP ) it made 520 at the rear wheels at thor racing at approx 1.3 bar.

My car is j spec with aem and ik 27 plugs also with the aem c2di running wasted spark.

I have had a problem for the last year with the gearbox though as it is automatic and am now having thor refit the old ecu and fields harness to run the gearbox only and the aem to run the engine etc.

Apart from that my car has run very well also with 3600 uprated torque convertor.

i have been running that turbo for last 2 years or more ( L4 SUP ) it made 520 at the rear wheels at thor racing at approx 1.3 bar.

My car is j spec with aem and ik 27 plugs also with the aem c2di running wasted spark.

I have had a problem for the last year with the gearbox though as it is automatic and am now having thor refit the old ecu and fields harness to run the gearbox only and the aem to run the engine etc.

Apart from that my car has run very well also with 3600 uprated torque convertor.

Thanx for the info, I'll probably be asking you a few questions nearing completion time! Mine's a manual so hopefully I shouldn't run into to too many problems but that power output seems perfect. Did you do the mapping yourself?

John have you spoken to Dimitri regarding the AEM and autobox?

Is it a standard autobox?

Hi Wez,

Long time no speak, no i have not but apparently Pete Betts obviously knows that there are issues with aem and an autobox, apparently lot of people have used stock ecu to run the gearbox, my car will hardly pull away at the moment, needless to say after the enormous amount i have spent on this thing it has pixxed me off greatly, it is a standard box btw with 3600 torque convertor, i have not been on here for months actually

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update:

problems with the down pipe. As you can see from one of the pics the screamer pipe hits the PHR downpipe! How stupid, they sell this as a kit and by bolting all the bits together they supply they foul!!![sHOCK][/sHOCK] Not happy.

Second problem being the downpipe doesnt match the decat pipe (I knew this was coming though).

What I really need to get is a custom down pipe made up. I know some people have done that on the forum so I would really appreciate some advice and suggestions where to get it done, many thanks

P1220023.JPG

P1220014.JPG

Turbofit made my custom downpipe, they would be able to mod your screamer aswell as they have a full time welder/fabricator there at all times but you will need to get the car to them, they have a guy that picks them up on a low loader at a very reasonable price;) 01908 614971

Time for an update:

problems with the down pipe. As you can see from one of the pics the screamer pipe hits the PHR downpipe! How stupid, they sell this as a kit and by bolting all the bits together they supply they foul!!![sHOCK][/sHOCK] Not happy.

Second problem being the downpipe doesnt match the decat pipe (I knew this was coming though).

What I really need to get is a custom down pipe made up. I know some people have done that on the forum so I would really appreciate some advice and suggestions where to get it done, many thanks

Hi mate sorry to see you having trouble ! I think you will find they built it round a uk spec car so you will need to buy a uk spec down pipe it will then mate up right, As for the waste gate look's like you just need to spine it sound so the screamer pipe gose into the bend of the down pipe if that maks sence? Hope this helps ;)

Did you not get a mid pipe in the kit? The downpipe is not normally designed to fit the the decat pipe, you will normally also need a mid pipe and a V Band adapter, so it will fit a cat back exhaust (their mid pipe has a v band end to fit the HKS exhaust).

The dump pipe should also fit if fitted correctly, might be worth contacting Jarrett at PHR and sending him pics.

Did you not get a mid pipe in the kit? The downpipe is not normally designed to fit the the decat pipe, you will normally also need a mid pipe and a V Band adapter, so it will fit a cat back exhaust (their mid pipe has a v band end to fit the HKS exhaust).

The dump pipe should also fit if fitted correctly, might be worth contacting Jarrett at PHR and sending him pics.

Thanks for the replies. The kit did not come with a mid pipe as allegedly it was designed to mate up with the stadard exhaust. I was aware that it wasn't going to fit exacly because of the usa / jap different exhausts (although I thought it would just be a different flange).

On the wastegate front it doesn't rotate and the way its on is the only way it fits, I'll give PHR an e-mail to let them know.

I think my best plan of action is to get a new down pipe made up with the mounts for the various sensors

Not got it finished yet Rich??? :p

By the time yours is back on the road mine'll be off the road having its BPU++.

You gotta cut me some slack mate, since I started this project I've been distracted by getting married, going to china for a couple of weeks and getting the misses pregnant. I hope it's finished before the little'en arrives or it may never get finished!!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd post a summary of the tricky bits so far:

PHR Street Turbo Kit ordered. This kit comes with a turbo elbow that bolts that bolts to the exhaust side of the turbo with a gasket. The turbo elbow is designed to match up with a US spec exhaust so will not fit the jap ones. I have a jap spec decat pipe which I have cut the flange off of. This will soon be welded to teh turbo elbow with a steel flexi joiner to get round the problem.

I also found that the turbo elbow flange hit the screamer pipe when fitted. Not a big problem for me as I have cut the pipe anyway but if someone wishes to mate it to a US spec exhaust they may have trouble.

Another problem is the oil return. The turbo sits considerably lower than other kits I have seen whcih makes it difficult to get the feed fitted round the power steering mechanisms. In order to fit it to a RHD car it will have to be modified. I have modified this by buying a male/male 90 degree which bolts to the block and shortening the oil return pipe itself.

The kit comes with 'drop down' style intercooler piping which did not match up with my intercooler. I have cut this pipe around and rotated the turb so that it routes to where the original piping went.

I've been distracted by getting married

Where was my invite then? :p

Congrats BTW..... And you're right. you HAVE to finish it before the nipper comes along, or else wait about 18 years ;)

If you need a hand/tools/stuff you know where I am mate!