The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Trackday

heckler

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ladies and gents, this is the offical line from the organiser, and my boss..

"The track uses a combination of the airfield's main runway and taxiways, which for the benefit of new members and those who couldn't make it before, results in a track that is around 4 miles long of wide, smooth tarmac and concrete with bags of safe run offs - as a whole, the shape is roughly triangular, but with the width of the runway and taxiway there is ample scope to create everything from sweeping curves to chicanes and there are plenty of curvy bits to add to the challenge.

It will run to the same sort of timings as before, from around 10am to 4pm on the Saturday six 30-minute sessions, and from 10 am to 4pm on the Sunday, with six 30-minute sessions. All being well, they will probably look to combine later sessions to run longer, open pit lane sessions. As before, all the necessary facilities, such as toilets, catering, drinks, marshalling and medical cover to support the event will be on hand.

You will need a helmet, normal seat belts as a minimum. A Fire Extinguisher would be nice. Race suits are not needed, but preferably natural fibre clothing with full sleeves and legs. Cars must be road legal with a current MOT or, if a race vehicle, licensed for a current MSA series. Sharing a car is OK (i.e. alternating drivers between sessions) and drivers are allowed to carry passengers, but they must also comply with regard to helmet, clothing etc. The entry fee is per car entered, not per driver but all drivers and passengers will need to sign a disclaimer. Spectating is not a possibility unless the individual is coming to assist someone who is driving - the reason for this is quite simple - the event insurance premiums and Health & Safety requirements go through the roof astronomically otherwise, so by restricting it to participants and assistants, it makes the event manageable, safer, more relaxed and enjoyable and importantly keeps the cost down to you.

As those who have been before know, the atmosphere and event is relaxed, enjoyable and relatively safe. So, for those who wish to gather to exercise their steeds, classic or modern, in the way that was intended when they were built, this will be available again for the incredibly good value of £60 on the Saturday and £60 for the Sunday, OR £100 for the weekend. No money is needed yet.

The usual personal and vehicle details (full name, address, date and place of birth, vehicle type and registration number) will be needed to access RAF Marham which can be passed to myself"

So, there you go. As a reminder, I am the POC for this event on this forum, and thankyou to those who have passed on there interest/details

What I will also say, that RAF Marham IS an operational RAF station, supporting assets overseas, SO is may be possible that the event could be cancelled at short notice.

Thanks for your time.

Guest StevenSheen

Oh my sister and brother in law are stationed at Marham..... could be a nice excuse to visit them...then again I would probably crash the car on a track so perhaps not ;)