The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAF Marham Trackday

heckler

Oi! you cheeky git!

Angie and myself were there last year as were McGoo and Robbie!

Will the track/runway be swept this year? I don't want to put anyone off going, but I think it only fair to point out that last year I had to spend £1000 having the entire front of my car resprayed due to serious stone chipping. Granted I did do a couple of runs filming Angie,(so was driving close-ish) but there was too much grit on the track.

Great track and had a lot of fun, but I'd advise everyone to get some of that clear removeable film to cover up the front of the car - it'll save you a lot of money! Probably the fastest/longest straight you'll ever drive on!

:thumbs:

Good point Brian. Angie and myself weren't driving AS close to people as you were and the stone chips were minimal. However, there were some.

Si, can you ask your boss if he can make sure it is swept? The problem area is from the fast left hander at the end of the runway (going clockwise) to the right hander that follows it.

It would be a shame if people were put off by this as there is SO much fun to be had here.

Brian, will the vett be making an apperance?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Brian. Angie and myself weren't driving AS close to people as you were and the stone chips were minimal. However, there were some.

Si, can you ask your boss if he can make sure it is swept? The problem area is from the fast left hander at the end of the runway (going clockwise) to the right hander that follows it.

It would be a shame if people were put off by this as there is SO much fun to be had here.

Brian, will the vett be making an apperance?

will do, oh, the track is a different layout to last years..

Oi! you cheeky git!

Angie and myself were there last year as were McGoo and Robbie!

Will the track/runway be swept this year? I don't want to put anyone off going, but I think it only fair to point out that last year I had to spend £1000 having the entire front of my car resprayed due to serious stone chipping. Granted I did do a couple of runs filming Angie,(so was driving close-ish) but there was too much grit on the track.

Great track and had a lot of fun, but I'd advise everyone to get some of that clear removeable film to cover up the front of the car - it'll save you a lot of money! Probably the fastest/longest straight you'll ever drive on!

:thumbs:

At Marham??? I didn't see you as I was one of the marshalls, and I was on the gate letting everyone in!

On second thoughts I might consider it - if you can assure me it'll be swept!

I'll have to try and and get plastic sheeting for the front of the car to make sure the thing's protected well. (Angie's trying to persuade me here...she's considering taking her Supe again)

Let me know the situation on sweeping and I'll let you know.

:)

PM`ed my details for this.

Are there any convoys making there way down on Sunday?

Homer and JamieP are not too far from me :D

Sounds good to me Wez, it's a long trek up there so would be good to have some company! Will try and bring some radio's for us.

Hi Si

A few friends of mine are going to this via a friend on Marham... Unfortunately I'm not gonna be taking the Sup round the track as it needs too much work to get it track ready at the moment.

Question is would I be able to drive onto base as a support vehicle? My mate wants someone to bring his spare wheels and tools etc...?

Rob

Hi Si

A few friends of mine are going to this via a friend on Marham... Unfortunately I'm not gonna be taking the Sup round the track as it needs too much work to get it track ready at the moment.

Question is would I be able to drive onto base as a support vehicle? My mate wants someone to bring his spare wheels and tools etc...?

Rob

yup. probably would need to provide details etc.. though

I'll have to try and and get plastic sheeting for the front of the car to make sure the thing's protected well. (Angie's trying to persuade me here...she's considering taking her Supe again)

Brian,

I tell you situation about the track, as I'm im afghan, and I'm not back in the UK till past the cut off date, so what I suggest is that you pass on your details anyway - (as that doesnt mean you have to come.) and I'll let you know about the sweeping situation when I get back.

I was told by my boss, that the last trackday had been swept, I took my own car around and could hear much gravel etc.. on my car been flicked up from others, and there were no complaints from the other drivers.

It would be good to see you both here again. Can you get a bra for the vett? I would of thought there was one, being a yank.

If not, let Angie run and you can just bring the vett for us to drool over!

Quite interested in coming along,

but 200 cars... is this a joke or are there really likely to be 200+ cars from different clubs there?

not all from car clubs... alot is friends etc. but I have been told by the organiser (My boss) about 200 cars over the weekend.

Through the forum I currently have 19 names.

not all from car clubs... alot is friends etc. but I have been told by the organiser (My boss) about 200 cars over the weekend.

Through the forum I currently have 19 names.

Thanks Heckler,

have the last events been ok with this number of cars on track over the weekend? I had a quick look at some pics on the lancer forum and it looked pretty crowded... What was last years like for this?

Thanks Heckler,

have the last events been ok with this number of cars on track over the weekend? I had a quick look at some pics on the lancer forum and it looked pretty crowded... What was last years like for this?

lancer day was different, that was just a v-max event. belive me, space isnt a problem - all the cars wont be out at once! The last trackday i did we had about 75 cars, ok, not as much as 200 but wasnt crowded at all.

No complaints yet! Not even from the ferarri owners club ;)

It does sound good. I had some rear tyres fitted this morning and the guy who was fitting them said - "you know where you should take this"... "Markham"...lol

I am very tempted.. will give it some more thought. It would be worth it just to see the Jamie mobile in action.