The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some Interesting Products

Nic

Some absolute cracking translation on that...

It is easy to ride with you do not say never, but you fall ill the acceleration impression of strange dimension and it is being attached.

:rlol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is how the Skylines are setup.

Yes I believe they are, I have bored some out before now for RB motorsport. They get the standard ones bored to allow more airflow.

I think the big power ones use custom plenums, I have done some flanges to make a custom plenum for Keith Cowies car.

Yes I believe they are, I have bored some out before now for RB motorsport. They get the standard ones bored to allow more airflow.

I think the big power ones use custom plenums, I have done some flanges to make a custom plenum for Keith Cowies car.

It's a bloody nightmare changing the inlet manifold and throttlebody gaskets on one of these!! Took me bloomin ages! Still better than paying Middlehurst £800

However 6 butterfly's are possibly more restrictive than 1.

Not really, you get a greater area with six smaller throttle bodies than one larger. To try and equal the individuals throttle bodies area with a large single the air speed suffers losing power on an N/A engine... I think :D

Individual throttle bodies allow much greater flxibility in designing the intake system for performance.

It allows:

The intake length to be optimised for port velocity & resonance tuning, increasing volumetric efficiency.

The injector orientation and distance from the head to be set to give max power rather than emissions. An injector mounted far from the head can normally cause fuel drop out problems at low throttle openings, but with an individual throttle and an injector mounted further up stream of the throttle the injector can be aimed at the throttle, breaking up the spray at low throttle openings but also allowing good fuel to air mixing at wide throttle openings.

The throttle orientation can be used to bias flow into the port, changing swirl characteristics and increasing mixture homogenisation (more uniform air/fuel mix across the cylinder)

And some other stuff I can't remember!

once upon a time tuning engines involved adding more carburettors or larger carbs in order to flow more air into an engine as its the maximum airflow that will dictate the maximum power,with the onset of fuel injection the throttle body replaced the carb so by adding multiple bodies you increase the area from a single one so you flow more air,there is a place in manchester that can supply throttle bodies and manifolds for most cars and various sizes available im sure they would do one for the n/a supra --www.dtafast.co.uk

Hey! I remember playing with carbs - got quite good at balancing multiple carb set-ups :) :)

The first thing we used to do was fit larger jets and a free flow filter for more fuel/air in.

I too would be interested in the costs involved in fitting TBs to an N/A. I assume one would need a mappable fuel computer to make the most of them?

Whats all this theory that big sequentials will stall each other etc?

pphhhooeeyyyy!!! I tell you, bring them on, bet they are a fab easy drive, and a real bugger to fit!

Me will test for Nic, soon as he sends me the kit for free!

Mate, it was only 2 weeks ago when I posted asking this very question of whether big sequential setups exist I came up against a brick wall of relplies telling me it cant be done........

I thought the issue was getting no.2 pre-spooled before it brought online ??

The dodgy translated info on the "big sequentials"

≪JZA80 TD-05 sequential twin turbo ≫

As for this 2JZ depending on the thing which adopts the sequential control of the turbo,

Low from the revolution, 2000rpm it becomes full boost.

At the time of high revolution extracting 600ps by changing to the twin turbo actualizes.

It is the manual mission, it is possible to be able to send also the [te] fast, not to be sequential but

With [otomamitsushiyon] in simple 600ps specification when starting the extent which is defeated to also the automobile lightly it is to be slow.

To catch beginning the boost does not become above 4000rpm how.

As for the [otoma] car there being " stall revolution "

Once, there is a quality that rpm above that does not rise near 2500rpm.

It is not to be able to decide start dash because there is this.

The giving [gu] [re] [niyutora] (N) from as for the how thing which shifts the gear please do not do.

The mission breaks into pieces.

The owner because there is the desire that we would like to run fast pleasantly even with [otoma], is to have become this kind of shape.

Actually when [zeroyon] it tries measuring, it becomes the engine which had the capability above 12 seconds flat,

That way, it became the way which above 300km can be put out.

It accelerates easily with the how heavy body.

It is by the [otoma] car! You call also the giving [gu] [re], but it is the [otoma] car.

Specifications

YSR original TD05 sequential twin turbo system

YSR original version trust e-[maneji] (sequential control)

YSR [orijinaruhaikonpu] specification

YSR original port & combustion chamber processing

YSR original strengthening mission

HKS256° camshaft

Section balance taking

In addition large number

600ps

So it uses the e-manage for sequential control?? (e-maneji?)

Mate, it was only 2 weeks ago when I posted asking this very question of whether big sequential setups exist I came up against a brick wall of relplies telling me it cant be done........

I asked this 3 years ago, and go heckled for mentioning such a thing. Despite Tdi having done it, and offereing it as a product at the time, I still got snapped at for mentioning it, even from one chap who runs a tuning company who really got nasty in his reply just cause I asked.

Well........I'd like one of these kits, and to take some of those people for a spin, see what they have to say then! ;)

Not really, you get a greater area with six smaller throttle bodies than one larger. To try and equal the individuals throttle bodies area with a large single the air speed suffers losing power on an N/A engine... I think :D

1 big pipe has a larger cross section than 6 small ones.

All the other advantages are NA only. IMO.

...speaking of throttle bodies, I've got a friend currently struggling to balance his RB26 lump.

I'd expect to find nipples and adjusting screws, but apparently there are none. The manual says you should use feeler gauges to check the throttle openings.

Chris, is that true? How is it done properly then?

Looking at that picture (and I haven't seen the bigger version because I refuse to bother signing up to some spamfest at imageshack in order to do so) there does appear to be some control mechanism in the plumbing that means it's not a simple parallel setup. I always maintained that issue #1 would be the packaging of bigger sequential turbos, but it looks like someone has spent the time and the money to fit it all in, so speaking as one of the naysayers, I was wrong on this front and happy to be proven so :)

Issue #2 for me was balancing the spooling of turbo 1 and the prespool and cutover of turbo 2 to ensure more drivability than a simple single or parallel twin setup. If they have cracked that (and sadly we may never know) then it's truly an interesting solution. Interesting it seems to mention the E-Manage for controlling this, I can't really see how it would - the Ultimate might be able to with it's additional output maps though.

So Suprash, you ordered one yet? ;)

-Ian

Yeah YSR from Yokohama does some great work. He has built some hefty powered 1jz's over the years as well. Apparently his tuning shop is well worth a visit if your over that way.

http://www.ysr.gr.jp/jzx100/taki5.JPG

now if only there was a bigger version of this pic :-(

Nic whats the price on his AP6 pot conversion just out of interest :)