My BL T67dbb single turbo install project

Homer

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally got it running today :D Cheers Wez for stopping by and getting it on video, its great to have an extra set of hands to help out!

Just had to hook up the BOV pressure line (ran out of black pipe so used some blue silicon pipe for now) and fill it with oil. Before starting the turbo needed primed, after some advice from Ian C, did it as follows:

- Remove the 3 plugs to the igniter (mounted on top of the passenger wheel arch. not sure if it's there on the UK's though).

- Disconnect the power plug to the fuel pump

- Crank engine over.

- Disconnect the oil feed on top of the turbo

It took a good 20 seconds of turning it over for the oil to start coming out of the oil feed pipe. Once it was there, the pipe was reconnected and the engine turned over for another 10 seconds or so. This allows

Now its ready to fire up, simply reconnect the fuel pump plug and igniter leads, then start it up :) Hopefully the video comes out alright

Here's the final pic of the engine bay, it's not likely to change from this for a while now.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2595/forum98zx2.th.jpg

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/940/forum99oz4.th.jpg

After a short test drive a couple of issues have come up:

1) There is an oil leak from the sump plug (easily fixed)

2) There appears to be a leak on one of the gaskets, but we're not sure which one. I suspect its the exhaust gasket which is going to be a pita to fix

3) The exhaust is too low and is catching on speed bumps... more adjustments to the downpipe :(

That bit you call the PCV valve is in fact the idle air control valve :)

Oh, thanks Ian, christ know where I got PCV from! I'll edit the posts so they make more sense

Need to change your sig now :D

Good point!

Great stuff mate, excellent write up to

Thanks mate, hope its going to be of use to a few people.

Here's the vid of the startup, nothing fancy so don't expect too much! Before anyone asks, thats steam coming off the heat wrap where it was still a little damp from yesterday.

>>>

You beat me to startup mate ;) well done, i bet your pleased to have it all done and dusted :D The flexi idea did the trick then?

My Bov and flange arrived y'day, so ive been to demon tweeks today for a few hoses, going to fit it tomorrow so i'll be starting mine tomorrow afternoon hopefully :)

It's been standing slightly longer than yours though so fingers crossed nothing has seized :blink:

You beat me to startup mate ;) well done, i bet your pleased to have it all done and dusted :D The flexi idea did the trick then?

My Bov and flange arrived y'day, so ive been to demon tweeks today for a few hoses, going to fit it tomorrow so i'll be starting mine tomorrow afternoon hopefully :)

It's been standing slightly longer than yours though so fingers crossed nothing has seized :blink:

That flexi pipe sure helped get things alligned! All the pipework just slipped inside it so with a bit of hammering it was easy to get it all test fitted without the needs for tac welding anything prior to going to the welders.

Good news on you one, about bloody time that part turned up! Trust me, its worth all the effort just for the sound :D

Looking good mate, bet you cant wait to get them injectors in and mapping done so you can have a proper go :D By the way did not see on your excell list, thought you mentioned new fuel pipe where did you get it from an how much was it.

Thanks mate.

The fuel pipe I'm using came with the XS power kit, but if I were buying new I'd only ever use http://www.thinkauto.com Just specifiy size, lenght and usage and they'll sort you out, call them if you're not sure exactly what you need.

So wwhen are the injectors going in Darryl?? Tomorrow???? :D

lol, not likely now! Need to fix the oil leak tomorrow, then put a few miles on it :)

Will be taking the downpipe out on Monday for yet another modification so the exhuast isn't so low.

If all goes well, the injectors and ECU might go in next weekend.