The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My BL T67dbb single turbo install project

Homer

There seems to be a little bit of interest in documenting a budget single conversion using the XS power kit, so here goes :) This isn't a thread for technical, more of a 'project' thread so feel free to comment, ask questions or point out where I've inevitably done something dumb ;)

Firstly, a little background:

After nearly 3 years of ownership and BPU its time for an upgrade. Though the car is running perfectly its now of never to go single, after being in a few single turbo cars there's just nothing on earth that compares to the power (and sound :D ), I've just got to have it!

I was in two minds which direction to go for the conversion, there were two main contenders:- The full BL kit and install from Vortex (full cost would probably around £4.5k) or go for an XS Power kit and install from Turbofit (Probably around £2.5k).

After a few weeks of hunting around I figured screw it I'll install it myself :Pling: This opened the door to build a higher spec setup for the same price as the XS Power install. The XS Power turbo kits from the states are incredible value for money so decided on this as good start point. For some reason I've always liked the sound of the T67 so this formed the base for the rest of the spec.

The specs:

Car:

93 Jspec 6spd, 64k miles

Engine:

2JZ-GTE stock bottom end, head and cams

XS Power manifold

XS Power wastegate

XS Power downpipe & screamer pipe

XS Power intake pipe

Boostlogic T67dbb

Boostlogic oil feed/return kit

Aeroquip water feed/return kit

AEM filter

Greddy 3 row FMIC

Plus many XS Power, Aeroquip fittings and pipes...

Fuelling:

Stock rail, stock feed

800cc Power Enterprise injectors (flow tested)

Single walbro

Aeromotive FPR

-6 return line

Electronics:

Greddy Emanage Blue

Fields harness

Blitz SBC-ID III

Greddy boost guage

AEM afr gauge

More to follow...

How is it going with the final pieces?

Curious about your fuel system.

I have emanage blue in my car aswell, thinking about upgrading injectors. I've seen somewhere that there is an upper limit for the injectors when controlled by emanage, but can't find the exact limit... Anyone who knows? I've got the impression that most people change the rail also but if the stock one will work that is great.

Apparently the emanage and stock rail seems to work with as large as 800cc injectors, or have i missed something in this interesting but long thread? :)

thanks, Henrik

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images