The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My BL T67dbb single turbo install project

Homer

Fun and games, eh Darryl. I know this is of no use, but it's a shame you're so far from me as i could get pretty much any fab work done for you at the engineering company i'm working for now. :(

You know it'll be worth the hassle in the end though.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the XS kit not supra specific ? just wondering why all the fitment problems. My HKS kit fitted like a glove. But keep up the good work. I didnt have the balls or know-how to do my single conversion, so much easier for me to pay a garage a small fee instead :) SO kudos to you for taking the job on yourself.

Would it be out of order to say "buy a kit that fits"? - If so, I won't say it. ;)

Not at all :D

You wouldn't beleive the amount of times I've said that to myself the last 2 weeks! If only I'd bought that 2nd hand BL manifold from Col... :rolleyes:

Is the XS kit not supra specific ? just wondering why all the fitment problems. My HKS kit fitted like a glove. But keep up the good work. I didnt have the balls or know-how to do my single conversion, so much easier for me to pay a garage a small fee instead :) SO kudos to you for taking the job on yourself.

Th XS Power kit is supra specific but its not very well made and has a mix and match of copied bits (mainly relating to the fact that the manifold is not clocked but the rest of the kit is designed for a clocked manifold)

Please point me in the direction of the garage that only wanted a small fee to do the work :)

Me too!! The chepeast were asking around £600 to do the install, but then charge a heck of a lot for fabrication and the 'extra' bits that tend to be cheap rubish. Despite the problems it's still going to be significantly cheaper than paying a professional to do it.

Do any of you guys plumb the exit off the gate back into the downpipe?? My kit will be setup like this I think?

As fair as I am aware most off the shelf kits use a screamer but there are some serious noise advantages of going back into the downpipe.

The Greddy/HKS Manifolds and their copies are much much better. It's clear that the XS power kit is made by someone who isn't working to a well defined template or anyone with any level of Quality Control.

The kit that is spot on is only spot on out of sheer luck it seems. The USDM/JDM manifolds are much much more accurate well thought out. You pays your money...

As fair as I am aware most off the shelf kits use a screamer but there are some serious noise advantages of going back into the downpipe.

As in loudness or quietning it down a fair bit, mine will be setup on a cast manifold and I will need to fabricate wastegate fittings myself but am not keen on a screamer pipe!

It will be setup almost identicals to Simon B when its finished

Lets hope it lasts too ;)

True especially if you havn't seen the fabricators work.

It's clear that the XS power kit is made by someone who isn't working to a well defined template or anyone with any level of Quality Control.

Definatly, i bet the jog moved a while ago and he hasn't noticed and keeps churning out the manifolds with the angle wrong.

I wish I was a rich person that considered £600 small change :(

If Darryl clocks up the amount of hours he's put into this install, then times that by his hourly rate he's paid by his boss, then adds the £220 fab costs, I'd wager that £600 for an install is cheap. Doesn't Pheonix charge £800? Then you've got fuel management & mapping....

Finally got the manifold back from the fabricators :)

The wastegate pipe has been chopped a few mm and turned a few degrees, this will bring the wastegate slightly away from the block and stop it, and the brass fitment, touching it.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1958/forum46uv0.th.jpg

This image shows where the cut and weld was made. The welding I'm getting done is rather beter quality than the one that made the manifold ;)

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6467/forum47oe6.th.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow the manifold will be fitted, so thought now a good time to get the oil feed and return line in. They're kind of tricky to get to with the manifold fitted so thought best to do it now.

The pic below shows the oil feed (top) and oil return (bottom) pipes fitting.

http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/9549/forum49sq1.th.jpg