The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought home my Supra

how_supra

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the auto box unreliable???

No not atall, although when the sensors go, they do tend to play havoc with the gears, but the manuals are much quicker and hold their value better. :p

Thanks for all your comments guys. What a pleasure driving into work was this morning. :clap: Im waiting for all the comments from the people who I work with, one person in particular who does not know anything about Supras, but assumes he does, [he's pushing 65]. :p and apparently supras are really unreliable.

hmm..you sure dont hang about now do you....

Nice looking car :thumbs:

no no no I had already been looking, I had actually already filled in the finance forms before my car broke down last week. :p but it did become much more important. :D

Enjoy her... Must say though after my FTO the Supe does take a little getting used to...

Watch the roundabouts or any bends in the wet until you get used to it FWD to RWD is a whole new ball game

Being a NA you won't notice much difference in the fuel either, If anything being a Manual you may even get more than the FTO.

I've been quite fortunate as I've had the pleasure of driving Rush's NA before now on a couple of extended occasions, the only thing I found a bit strange is having 6 gears to be honest. I am very concious of the RWD thing, especially after my FTO of which you can literally chuck round corners.

Its nice being a 6 speed as you say the fuel economy should only be slightly worse if not match my FTO.

God knows how many times so far i've asked what's her neext purchase for the car??

Gotta say though after driving a few 6 speeds now she has gotta do something about the height of the gearstick. Maybe one of those short shifters in there. Then i'll get the polish kit out for under the engine, then NOW :clap:

MUST REMEMBER, it's not my car

LOL Santa is always looking for ideas. :innocent: don't let my current reluctance hold you back :p

what are you on about mate?

the NA is a perfectly capable car that is comfortable to drive, has enough torque and caters for a wider market....

good on her :)

To be fair I was expecting some stigma from maybe one or two people, about it having no Turbos, but Im more than happy with the car, and chuffed to bits.

ha ha ha first argument of the day

Our resident senior citizen [orsc]. "its 13 years old"

Me "No its not its a P reg for a start, its a 1997"

ORSC [counting on his fingers] "y, w, x............that makes 13"

Me "okay P regs went over 1996 and 1997, its 9 years old, my fto was a 1994 on a M plate, do you want me to show you the V5"

ORSC "don't be stupid, the letters only went over 1 year"

Me [gets out v5] "erm no not according to the dvla"

ORSC "how many miles is it?"

Me "75,000 kilometers"

ORSC "oh so its european"

Me "erm no its RHD, its japanese"

You get the idea. :p

ha ha ha first argument of the day

Our resident senior citizen [orsc]. "its 13 years old"

Me "No its not its a P reg for a start, its a 1997"

ORSC [counting on his fingers] "y, w, x............that makes 13"

Me "okay P regs went over 1996 and 1997, its 9 years old, my fto was a 1994 on a M plate, do you want me to show you the V5"

ORSC "don't be stupid, the letters only went over 1 year"

Me [gets out v5] "erm no not according to the dvla"

ORSC "how many miles is it?"

Me "75,000 kilometers"

ORSC "oh so its european"

Me "erm no its RHD, its japanese"

You get the idea. :p

LOL... Did he end with "You should have bought a Rover"

:rlol: :rlol:

Nice car Sabrina. Enjoy!

Hi sabrina,

Lovely car, looks like it has been looked afier:)

I wonder why you need the six speed box ?

We all think you should go auto and give the six speed to james:)

What do you think a plan or what:d

Together we have the perfect car. :p

Otherwise Im going to need, full servicing and free mot's for life and lot more convincing. :p

looks like a nice car there!

My mum and dad still have an FTO - central locking is f00ked and we've tried repairing it SOOO many times now, alternator went and that was a bit of a pig to replace.. battery keeps going flat because they don't drive it enough (i think)....

Good move getting a Supra - I intend to do the same to prove to mum and dad that japanese cars can be reliable! :D

well the brand new one was about £500+ if i remember rightly??? They went for a refurbed one - we've tested it and it does its job fine - i think the battery has probably seen better days now :(

Anyway, i don't worry too much - i'm gonna convert them to a supra anyway :)