The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought home my Supra

how_supra

I saw this car today and Sabrina has got herself a very nice car there. Well done young lady ;)

Thanks CJ, apparently Im more fickle about the colour than I thought. Initially I said black and only black. But this was such a bargain. :D

should be a SZ-R.................i take it it has a manually adjustable drivers seat?

Very nice anyhooo! :)

Yeah the seat is manually adjustable. In the spec sheet it says that SZs have electric ones? Have I assumed incorrectly. :innocent: So I have an SZ-R??

thats very nice Sabrina.

White is becoming the best colour.

White is the best colour without shadow of a doubt. :D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PX'd it. :) I felt bad actually, I felt like I had adandoned it. :(

yeh its always horrible waving the last steed goodbye, not as bad part ex as you had a new friend ready and waiting but mine went 3 weeks before i got my supe i watched it drive down the road and i had a tear,

goodbye old friend
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

dont cry, someone else can have fun in it now, just noticed that you said it kept breaking down, was it really that bad i was thinking of getting an fto as some point?

I think it was just limited to my FTO to be fair. I was on my fourth alternator in 9 months, and had several dozen other electrical problems, every sensor changed under the sun etc. Mechanically sound though to be honest, just became a little tiresome towards the end. :D Good looking car though, but if you do buy one, buy a manual. :Pling:

I think it was just limited to my FTO to be fair. I was on my fourth alternator in 9 months, and had several dozen other electrical problems, every sensor changed under the sun etc. Mechanically sound though to be honest, just became a little tiresome towards the end. :D Good looking car though, but if you do buy one, buy a manual. :Pling:

is the auto box unreliable???

Yeah the seat is manually adjustable. In the spec sheet it says that SZs have electric ones? Have I assumed incorrectly. :innocent: So I have an SZ-R??

i believe so :) i think all 6 speed na's are SZ-R's. There are 5 speed facelift manuals that are just plain SZ's.........

Nice one Sabrina,

Take it she'll soon be blinged up. (If James gets his way)

Blimey.... and you didn't get any you should have got a TT comments....

Enjoy her... Must say though after my FTO the Supe does take a little getting used to...

Watch the roundabouts or any bends in the wet until you get used to it FWD to RWD is a whole new ball game

Being a NA you won't notice much difference in the fuel either, If anything being a Manual you may even get more than the FTO.

I get 24 -25 round town average and upto average 36 on a long run

Nice one Sabrina,

Take it she'll soon be blinged up. (If James gets his way)

God knows how many times so far i've asked what's her neext purchase for the car?? :D

Gotta say though after driving a few 6 speeds now she has gotta do something about the height of the gearstick. Maybe one of those short shifters in there. Then i'll get the polish kit out for under the engine, then NOW :clap:

MUST REMEMBER, it's not my car :(

God knows how many times so far i've asked what's her neext purchase for the car?? :D

Gotta say though after driving a few 6 speeds now she has gotta do something about the height of the gearstick. Maybe one of those short shifters in there. Then i'll get the polish kit out for under the engine, then NOW :clap:

MUST REMEMBER, it's not my car :(

Booking mine in with Turbofit, they are making me a hard pipe induction pipe to lose that nasty restrictive black bit of rubber thats left between my HKS kit and the throttle housing,

Poss 2 nd decat too

Plenty of paint etc has gone on under my bonnet which makes it look better and looking at a brace bar poss too ..

Dash painted etc etc been quite busy over the summer

Oh and mde my own cold air feed pipe system , looks like a pro bought kit,

but really its just some flexi pipe and 2x house gutter pipe couplers to make the ends pretty

Well i had the pleasure of giving her a thrash later and i must say i was very impressed for an NA. Lovely looking caar and the 6 speed makes the NA a whole lot more fun for driving. Am very tempted to get a white one next time round now.

They aint slow anyway.. its just all the silly comments that put people off

from 5k rpm and they really go, you need to know how to drive them and in Manual form you can really play

Respond really well to a HKS induction kit (But you must fit heatsheilds and cold air pipe) mine was totally transformed by the HKS kit

You have to drive them ... its a bit different than just having a big turbo sucking away while you just steer, ha ha

Mine has been electronically timed at a show (3 runs ) all 6 secs dead

Now in the real world on the road... 6 secs that aint slow!!