The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No More Supra

Guest Sexy Supra

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone

Not been around for a while but I am just letting you know that I sold the Supra on Thursday and bought a Mitsubishi GTO TT. It was great having the supra, but things started going wrong and I decided to cut my losses.

Karen

oh dear ,you have swapped what is one of the most reliable jap cars around for a GTO.:(

My mate has a GTO and he has had so much go wrong with it that he has sold it to buy something newer .

Guest Sexy Supra
Wow, glad I read this before I bought my new car, wouldn't know what I was letting myself in for otherwise :D

After the scooby I really couldn't think of any other car that get such a warm response on here......... then again :eyebrows:

Had it for 4 days and love it to bits :p

[qimg]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/todd69/GTO/PICT0011.jpg[/qimg]

Another person with good taste - enough said.

Another person with good taste - enough said.

Nah, just varied ;)

Love the Supra but could just never make the leap to owning a TT version as it seems to turn the nicest of people into right arseholes that feel the need to look down their nose at everyone else :p :innocent:

Poor girl....ease up on her a biy guys, your ripping her dreams to pieces....im sure you wil have fun whatever happens and your right to have your own ideas and opinions, each to their own I say :thumbs: ...enjoy :) get some pics up when you get it

GTO was a very technically advanced car, the technology in there puts the Supe to shame, sorry to shatter your dreams guys..

Only unreliable is maintained badly as any other car, so you are being a little singled minded in your views

It sold very well in the USA under the GT3000 badge, its very american in its looks

But then we would say they are crap as we drive a Supra,

Many say the FTO is rubbish, (usually the un informed ones who know jack sh**t) you know what that was the best "all in package" everyday driver i have ever owned to date and that includes the Supe, Not talking power here guys, I mean as a everyday user package ,

Again very advanced for its time, it had the Tip gearbox long before Porsche did.

If she has bought a well maintained example it will be just as reliable as the Supe,

Only Bad points though the GTO parts are expensive, and make sure the tracking and 4 wheel steer is all set up right

For parts have a chat with Mike @ Camskill

ENJOY YOUR NEW CAR

Guest Sexy Supra

You lot are worse than a load of bitching women in an office. Out of common courtesy I let you know I no longer owned a Supra and the lynch mob come out in full force. It might have been better if I said I had bought a twin turbo robin reliant!

Out of interest, what was wrong with your NA?

She probably got sick and tired of the stupid TT v NA comments,

Everyone changes car now and again and sometimes you return to a particular model, but sometimes something catches your eye and you have to try it.

As she said,if she doesn't like it she can always buy another Supe

GTO was a very technically advanced car, the technology in there puts the Supe to shame, sorry to shatter your dreams guys..

Popular misconception is that stuffing a car with lots of technology is a good thing...this is a very amatuerish mistake. You need to get all the bits and pieces to work together in harmony and if that means that sometimes you need a more simpler and efficient approach, then so be it.

I choose against driving a very "advanced" car and being a guinea pig when it goes wrong. I see no sense in forking out loads of £ in order to get it fixed due to the complexity of the beast.

Regarding the FTO comment, thats pretty poor. The FTO could and should be compared to a Honda Prelude 2.2Vti, and I am sorry to burst your bubble but the prelude was a far superior car in power delivery, handling, reliability, fuel economy than the FTO.

In any case, its a good looking car, and I hope for her sake that its a reliable one for her. Enjoy your new Mitsu ownership.

Why oh why didnt they use the 4WD mechanism from the EVO?

Out of common courtesy I let you know I no longer owned a Supra

But you had never posted before, so we didnt know you owned one - do you see?!

In fairness, GTOs are nice, i used to want one, a long time ago, and so are NAs i like them too

Pop off and enjoy your GTO if its all too much for you here, i dont see why you keep coming back for more argument

Nah, just varied ;)

Love the Supra but could just never make the leap to owning a TT version as it seems to turn the nicest of people into right arseholes that feel the need to look down their nose at everyone else :p :innocent:

Blimey talk about hit the nail on the head....

But then Supra ownership is all about the TT you see or so we are supposed to think and anything else is crap,

So even though the majority of Supras sold were NA all us NA owners are all missing out "on the experience of Supra ownership"

What a load of tosh

Get a grip guys,, Supra ownership is about the Supra its looks etc etc etc .. even in NA form its no slouch...

yawn ... TTvs NA comments such a boring topic

Pop off and enjoy your GTO if its all too much for you here, i dont see why you keep coming back for more argument

Exactly, I dont think anyone here is saying that the Supra is the best thing since sliced bread.

Having said that, there is no point dissing the Supra for things that are not true (back end kicking out comment).

the Supra is what it is, certainly excels in many aspects compared to other Jap offerings. One gripe against the supra is that you need to know how to drive a RWD sports car.

It sold very well in the USA under the GT3000 badge, its very american in its looks

Thats because its the same car as the Dodge Stealth, go to the US and you'll see loads of them.

I never said NAs were rubbish, you cant compare the driving experience of an NA to a TT and if you think you can you're totally dillusional.

Poor girl....ease up on her a biy guys, your ripping her dreams to pieces....im sure you wil have fun whatever happens and your right to have your own ideas and opinions, each to their own I say :thumbs: ...enjoy :) get some pics up when you get it

:yeahthat: FFS guys give her a break :rolleyes: Good luck with your new motor. :thumbs:

Popular misconception is that stuffing a car with lots of technology is a good thing...this is a very amatuerish mistake. You need to get all the bits and pieces to work together in harmony and if that means that sometimes you need a more simpler and efficient approach, then so be it.

I choose against driving a very "advanced" car and being a guinea pig when it goes wrong. I see no sense in forking out loads of £ in order to get it fixed due to the complexity of the beast.

Regarding the FTO comment, thats pretty poor. The FTO could and should be compared to a Honda Prelude 2.2Vti, and I am sorry to burst your bubble but the prelude was a far superior car in power delivery, handling, reliability, fuel economy than the FTO.

In any case, its a good looking car, and I hope for her sake that its a reliable one for her. Enjoy your new Mitsu ownership.

Why oh why didnt they use the 4WD mechanism from the EVO?

you don't get it do you... what is this with power etc etc

As a "everyday driver package "

Prelude was a vert tempermental car and high maintance especially for parts, setting up the 4 wheel steer, nasty ansd expensive dash that went wrong , high oil consumption,

The FTO although doesn't have Vtec had

1. Jag / Aston Martin looks

2. Tip gearbox

3. Superb cornering

4. My FTO did 25mpg urban upto 35-36 on a long run,

Have owned both and the FTO wins hands down

Have you owned both as daily drivers???

Would have another FTO tomorrow ..... brilliant car