The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No More Supra

Guest Sexy Supra

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the reaction to this thread.

What a bunch of complete assholes!

She comes on here to say she's bought a new car and it's not a Supra. How about we just say 'shame you couldn't have kept the Supe, but good luck with the new toy'?

But no, everyone had to slag off the GTO over and over again. Of course Sexy Supra is going to feel the need to defend her new car - she's just bought it and is probably looking forward to driving it. She has the right to her own opinion and to look forward to driving her new car, let her enjoy it. Whether or not we think it's a good car or not, it's just downright offensive to go slagging off someones new purchase like this.

If I was someone just visiting this site and browsing around to see what the general attitude of the members here is like, I'd be looking elsewhere or looking at buying a different marque.

Just learn to button it in this sort of situation. There's no need to hurt someones feelings over something like this.

:(

Guest Sexy Supra

Soop Dogg

You are a true gentleman. Thank you very much for your kind comment. I only wish there were more people like you out there. I will enjoy my GTO once it is on the road. Thanks again :)

She comes on here to say she's bought a new car and it's not a Supra. How about we just say 'shame you couldn't have kept the Supe, but good luck with the new toy'?

But that would suggest that we care one way or the other. If the member was a frequent member on the forum and cared about us, then its a different matter.

to come on here, and slag of the supra (and not doing a very good job of it) is inexcusable.

Not saying that the supra is the best thing since sliced bread, I dont think anyone has said that. but to compare it to a GTO from a reliability point of view or performance (NA vs GTO) is plain stupid.

But no, everyone had to slag off the GTO over and over again.

Dont think people were slagging the GTO because it is NOT a supra. I dont think anyone was necessarily slagging the GTO as such, simply pointing out the FACTS. I call that public service :D

If I was someone just visiting this site and browsing around to see what the general attitude of the members here is like, I'd be looking elsewhere or looking at buying a different marque.

Fewer Supras on the road = more rarer :D

Did it ever cross your mind that we could be simply bored at work with nothing better to do, so a bit of banter = cheap thrills would brighten our otherwise miserable life.........SEXY SUPRA - Thankyou

Guest Sexy Supra

You just cant keep it shut can you Imi. Since when did I slag the supra off - get your facts right or better still go back to school and learn to read. I came on to say I had sold the supra and the reasons why. Geez.

Guest Sexy Supra

Did it ever cross your mind that we could be simply bored at work with nothing better to do, so a bit of banter = cheap thrills would brighten our otherwise miserable life.........SEXY SUPRA - Thankyou

Then it seems you are getting paid under false pretences. Perhaps you need to go get a job testing Imodium to see if it works on verbal diaorrhea.

Then it seems you are getting paid under false pretences. Perhaps you need to go get a job testing Imodium to see if it works on verbal diaorrhea.

:rlol:

Thx, the best one today :D

Dont you start pulling your hair when you step into that GTO ;)

You just cant keep it shut can you Imi. Since when did I slag the supra off -

:lol: - read your earlier posts, after all, you typed them...

I can't believe the reaction to this thread.

What a bunch of complete assholes!

But no, everyone had to slag off the GTO over and over again. Of course Sexy Supra is going to feel the need to defend her new car - she's just bought it and is probably looking forward to driving it. She has the right to her own opinion and to look forward to driving her new car, let her enjoy it. Whether or not we think it's a good car or not, it's just downright offensive to go slagging off someones new purchase like this.

Just learn to button it in this sort of situation. There's no need to hurt someones feelings over something like this.

:(

Soop, you said exactly what I was feeling all through this thread, as a longer standing member of this club I was utterly ashamed by some of the comments, and from longer and regular people like Michael and Imi, serisouly guys why ???

After reading it all, I dont remember reading anywhere that she slagged off the Supra, and so what does it matter if she hasnt been on here for 2 years of ownership, after not posting for 2 years and then selling the car Im surprised she came back at all to even say good bye, so its obvious she linked this club with her then pride of joy.

And Imi, your way of thinking that cause you have nothing else better to do at work, so might as well wind someone up, is exactly the sort of behaviour that we as an earlier club used to frown upon regarding the other more contraversial car clubs like piston heads, scooby net etc.....

This club used to pride itself in warm hearted members, playing nicely and even the comments regarding NA Vs TT, if this is true then this place is sadly going down hill. Yeah we used to banter about it NA or TT, UK or Jspec (in the days of Dude), and as someone else has mentioned about the chav'ish behaviour around here lately and with the price of these cars becoming more affordable to the younger ones, this is clearly becoming the case.

Im quite shocked at what exactly she said to get a response like this, and if anyone esle read this thread as a indication of our club spirit I would rather decline to owning a Supra then be associated with comments like this.

I love my Supra, and could never afford to buy this or any similar car like it again, for the price I paid back in 2000 when I bought mine, but Im quite frankly worried about the persona this board has gained over the years..........:(

Enjoy your GTO, and I can only apologies for some of the reprobates we seem to have around here :p ;)

:cool:

Hello everyone

Not been around for a while but I am just letting you know that I sold the Supra on Thursday and bought a Mitsubishi GTO TT. It was great having the supra, but things started going wrong and I decided to cut my losses.

Karen

Thats all she said guys for feks sake,i'm a bit shocked at the way some of you have went on!

Karen i hope you enjoy the GTO a freind of mine has one,totally standard but keeps it well serviced,he has had around 2 years of trouble free motoring,theres a lot worse cars out there,and i think they look great compared to many other cars out there,at least you didnt buy a corsa or something :D so have fun!!!!!!!i love a girl with a turbo even more so with 2:d

Guest Sexy Supra

Thanks for your lovely comments. It only takes a few in any situation to spoil it for the majority. Just want to say I have taken nothing to heart and if I decide to get another Supra in the future then I would love to come back and post on here.

I have not been involved in meets etc because my partner has 3 severely disabled children, one of whom still lives with us and with his job it has not been possible for me to go anywhere much.

Thanks again and I will get some pics of the beast up next week.

Bye for now.

PS I originate from Merseyside that is where I get my wicked sense of humour from! Up the scousers (even though I came from Wirral and not Liverpool)!! Going back up North to live next year :)

And Imi, your way of thinking that cause you have nothing else better to do at work, so might as well wind someone up, is exactly the sort of behaviour that we as an earlier club used to frown upon regarding the other more contraversial car clubs like piston heads, scooby net etc.....

Hmm....perhaps My sarcastic comment was too subtle.....:blink:

In any case, good luck with your choice of car, certainly is an improvement over what you were driving before... :)

Hmm....perhaps My sarcastic comment was too subtle.....:blink:

In any case, good luck with your choice of car, certainly is an improvement over what you were driving before... :)

Cant hear sarcasm over text dude, but thats half of the problem with forums wouldnt you agree, you cant always hear the context their saying it in ;)

Anyway end of now.....let sleeping dogs lie........:cool:

My Favourite quote that sums up Karen's experience for ME.

"I loved the Supra but I got bored of it. I only had an n/a so couldn't really do that much to it. If I had bought a TT then maybe I wouldn't have swapped."

So True :D

Anyway, time for my next meeting, cya ;)

My Favourite quote that sums up Karen's experience for ME.

"I loved the Supra but I got bored of it. I only had an n/a so couldn't really do that much to it. If I had bought a TT then maybe I wouldn't have swapped."

So True :D

Anyway, time for my next meeting, cya ;)

Now theres one to kick off a fight between the NA's and TT's lol..... :D

I've always wondered what happens if you wake up a sleeping dog.

Females eh :D

I think we need a male Vs Female thread of the classic things your other half can come out with, that are usually quite obvious. I remember one from a few years back and it was funny..........