The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No More Supra

Guest Sexy Supra

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, going off-topic now. Chip on your shoulder eh... :D

well, I just need to look at your signature.....

N/A Silver, Manual. ( Yes i know !! its a NA!!) :rolleyes:

No chip

Just its a little boring how the TT owners seem to think we NA owners are missing out omn something,

The constant little digs make you look silly, funny at the beginning but boring now ,

The yes i know its a NA is called humour, we NA owners have that too you know..

you don't get it do you... what is this with power etc etc

As a "everyday driver package "

Prelude was a vert tempermental car and high maintance especially for parts, setting up the 4 wheel steer, nasty ansd expensive dash that went wrong , high oil consumption,

The FTO although doesn't have Vtec had

1. Jag / Aston Martin looks

2. Tip gearbox

3. Superb cornering

4. My FTO did 25mpg urban upto 35-36 on a long run,

Have owned both and the FTO wins hands down

Have you owned both as daily drivers???

Would have another FTO tomorrow ..... brilliant car

No, I havent owned a FTO, my mate owned one and had serious issues with the gearbox and engine. I got myself a Prelude 2.2Vti MANUAL.

4WS - very easy to setup, if you take it to someone that has actually dealt with them before. Funny you diss the 4WS while recommending it as a technical marvel in regards to the GTO - hypocrite :D

I dont remember my car as being TEMPERAMENTAL OR HIGH MAINTENANCE at all - no sure what you mean by temperamental.

I used to track my car and all I did to it was to top up the engine with oil (hardly cost anything), brake pads and tyres. and I used to be my everyday car too for 3 yrs.

Mine did 26mpg in London and 33-35mpg on the motorway no problem.

Awesome engine, great handling, pissed all over my mates FTO.....why would I be stupid to sell my prelude and downgrade to a FTO.

I do agree that they are better LOOKING cars though.

mine was a great looking machine too.

NEWPIC1.jpg

P1010002.JPG

DVC00004.jpg

No, I havent owned a FTO, my mate owned one and had serious issues with the gearbox and engine. I got myself a Prelude 2.2Vti MANUAL.

4WS - very easy to setup, if you take it to someone that has actually dealt with them before. Funny you diss the 4WS while recommending it as a technical marvel in regards to the GTO - hypocrite :D

I dont remember my car as being TEMPERAMENTAL OR HIGH MAINTENANCE at all - no sure what you mean by temperamental.

I used to track my car and all I did to it was to top up the engine with oil (hardly cost anything), brake pads and tyres. and I used to be my everyday car too for 3 yrs.

Awesome engine, great handling, pissed all over my mates FTO.....why would I be stupid to sell my prelude and downgrade to a FTO.

Each to their own.. that what makes us buy different cars,

Didn't diss the 4WS, Just said the GTO was technically advanced for its time and had 4WS.

Everyone i know who's had a prelude has had 4WS issues and most locked them up in the end,

Prelude had its plus points don't get me wrong, but as a every day car, the FTO won hands down "for me" the Prelude was better for you.. simple

Sorry mate :innocent: :innocent: just seen your pics ... You had the later better prelude.

Thought we wre talking about the previous model. circa K-N regs with that nasty dashboard.

The later 2.2 model as per your pic was a nice motor and quite luxurious ( A friend is looking at one this week funnily enough )

Didn't diss the 4WS, Just said the GTO was technically advanced for its time and had 4WS.

Everyone i know who's had a prelude has had 4WS issues and most locked them up in the end,

Prelude had its plus points don't get me wrong, but as a every day car, the FTO won hands down "for me" the Prelude was better for you.. simple

Fair enough.

I was a member of the Hondarevolutions forum so know a lot of the prelude members from there, and a few of the 4rth gen systems did fail. None of the 5th gens failed. Could be down to age, different designs, maintenance, take your pick.

FTO may win hands down for YOU as you seem to make sweeping statements like Temperamental / High maintenance without actual knowing what you are on about or being able to back it up.

I personally think that of all the Jap cars out there, I would rate Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans as being the leading Jap Manufacturers.

[i personally think that of all the Jap cars out there, I would rate Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans as being the leading Jap Manufacturers.

Very true you only need to look at the leader boards and the Jap stuff has been top now for many years,

You look at your German stuff though and even worse still "Landrover "

And they are well down on Satisfaction reliability etc etc

My brother in law worked for a Merc dealer and said it was a real eye opener... a real crap product which suprised him

A friend works for BMW and said that isn't much better

My boss had a AUDI ... (That will take to long to type.. LOL)

I worked for Landrover for some years.... shocking doesn't even come close

All these prestige names and basically it's badge snobbery because it certainly isn't a good product "at the moment"

The old Lexus badge snobbery is the one that makes me laugh when sweeping comments of its only a Toyota .. not got a clue have they.. Far more reliable

Hi Karen,

Please put my number on speed dial, you'll be needing a lot more parts now that you have a GTO! :D

Good luck with it though.

Gaz.

:sos: :lol:

there great cars when they hold together infact very unrated car but my god it makes my sister and her boyfriends 300 zx's look easy to work on :blink: hope you have luck with it karen :(

Guest Sexy Supra

I respect all your comments good and bad and there is nothing like a good argument to get the adrenalin going! Time will tell how the GTO will pan out but I have bought a car that was owned and maintained by a vehicle inspector for the DVLA and it has been well looked after and had lots of mods put onto it. Very powerful car but hopefully being 4wd it will handle better than my supra did. Not keen on RWD TBH with you. Supras were built and mainly used in Japan, a humid country; they don't seem to like the wetter conditions in this country in my humble opinion.

I will post some pics up of it soon.

Take Care

Karen

most of the fastest race cars are rwd drive honey :D would say the heffer gto is a better handling car than the supra just easier to handle in the rain than the supra well if you can't drive it that is :tongue: gto is a great car but not a supra ;) i'm guessing you went from a na supra to this gto and not from a turbo supra if you did then your just plain mad of need to recoup some money as i guess a gto is more na supra money either way good luck with it and keep us informed my fingers are crossed for you daily :D

If you buy a supra again another time make sure you don't buy a shitter next time round as most should have very little problems with it and handle like a dream....... maybe the springs and shocks were missing :rolleyes: :search: :D

Anyways good luck with ownership :)

Guest Sexy Supra
most of the fastest race cars are rwd drive honey :D would say the heffer gto is a better handling car than the supra just easier to handle in the rain than the supra well if you can't drive it that is :tongue: gto is a great car but not a supra ;) i'm guessing you went from a na supra to this gto and not from a turbo supra if you did then your just plain mad of need to recoup some money as i guess a gto is more na supra money either way good luck with it and keep us informed my fingers are crossed for you daily :D

If you buy a supra again another time make sure you don't buy a shitter next time round as most should have very little problems with it and handle like a dream....... maybe the springs and shocks were missing :rolleyes: :search: :D

Anyways good luck with ownership :)

First of all you need to get your facts right: I did not buy a shitter of a supra, in fact there was nothing mechanically wrong with it. I had it for 3 years and wanted to change. End of. Secondly you are extremely brainwashed and think the only car ever to exist on the planet is a Supra TT. You need to see a shrink to unravel that obviously haggled brain of yours.

I think your car will be on a garage ramp more than mine. Oh yeah and DONT call me honey.

y

As a "everyday driver package "

Would have another FTO tomorrow ..... brilliant car

:yeahthat:

My FTO GPX was a barnstorming car. One of the first 1994 cars and still drove like new. I piled 30,000 miles a year on it and it never missed a beat once but then - i looked after it and serviced it.

Even now people think a 2.0 engine making 100bhp/litre is amazing engineering, FTO did it twelve years ago. Tiptronic gearbox that changes instantly not half an hour after you flick the lever like some of the current cars do? Check. Computer box that knows how you drive, learns your style and adapts accordingly? Check.

I got the auto Supra because i liked the Tiptronic FTO and i have to say the FTO box was a lot more advanced. Excellent driver too i happily kept with modern day Civic Type R's and Integras. Only thing with the FTO handling was it would lose the back before the front, not an expected trait in a front engine front wheel drive motor.

Sexy Supra - good luck with you new car but without being funny i would invest some cash in an advanced driving course and some race track tuition then maybe go for your Institute of Advanced Motoring. If getting in a powerful car scares you then you really should learn how to drive it. If a situation develops that you are unsure of and you either floor it or brake when you shouldn't you could easily do yourself a lot of harm. Not worth it for a few hundred quid - besides you might save a bit of that back on the insurance.

m.

Sexy Supra, I'm sorry to see your getting soooo much flak about this, I'm actually a little ashamed for some of the comments in this thread.

Enjoy your new car, and get some piccys up of your new toy ASAP, A guy recently joined and posted in the new members section and he drives a really nice GTO, have a look.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83500

First of all you need to get your facts right: I did not buy a shitter of a supra, in fact there was nothing mechanically wrong with it. I had it for 3 years and wanted to change. End of. Secondly you are extremely brainwashed and think the only car ever to exist on the planet is a Supra TT. You need to see a shrink to unravel that obviously haggled brain of yours.

I think your car will be on a garage ramp more than mine. Oh yeah and DONT call me honey.

Fair play there....Dee_rz was possibly just having a bad day, and i guess maybe you are too

Enjoy the GTO :)

damn it was only a joke ..............................HONEY:d

i don't believe the supra is the god car and only decent car on the planet

Supras were built and mainly used in Japan, a humid country; they don't seem to like the wetter conditions in this country in my humble opinion.

Very true also restricted to 180kmh (as are all JDM )

But saying that the roads are so over crowded in Japan you are lucky if you do more than 30mph anyway

:yeahthat:

My FTO GPX was a barnstorming car. One of the first 1994 cars and still drove like new. I piled 30,000 miles a year on it and it never missed a beat once but then - i looked after it and serviced it.

Even now people think a 2.0 engine making 100bhp/litre is amazing engineering, FTO did it twelve years ago. Tiptronic gearbox that changes instantly not half an hour after you flick the lever like some of the current cars do? Check. Computer box that knows how you drive, learns your style and adapts accordingly? Check.

I got the auto Supra because i liked the Tiptronic FTO and i have to say the FTO box was a lot more advanced. Excellent driver too i happily kept with modern day Civic Type R's and Integras. Only thing with the FTO handling was it would lose the back before the front, not an expected trait in a front engine front wheel drive motor.

Sexy Supra - good luck with you new car but without being funny i would invest some cash in an advanced driving course and some race track tuition then maybe go for your Institute of Advanced Motoring. If getting in a powerful car scares you then you really should learn how to drive it. If a situation develops that you are unsure of and you either floor it or brake when you shouldn't you could easily do yourself a lot of harm. Not worth it for a few hundred quid - besides you might save a bit of that back on the insurance.

m.

Never had handling issues, but then mine did have rock hard and i mean rock hard Ralliart springs, to the point it rattled your change in your pockets.. Speed humps were a 10mph affair

When i first drove the Supra after the FTO it was like being on a space hopper..

Even standard FTO is hard ride but those Ralliart springs were something i can tell ya

Guest Sexy Supra
:confused:

The reason I got rid of the supra was because there was water coming in the car. I had to rip the old carpet out and there was an ants nest in the floor wells. There were just minor problems with the bodywork like the usual superficial scratches and a small dent, but nothing wrong with the engine whatsoever.

I saw this GTO with all the modifications on and it looked like a very nice car so decided to give it a go.

I will get some pics up when I come back next week.

Take care and keep the nasty comments coming :p

Excellent driver too i happily kept with modern day Civic Type R's and Integras.

Depends what you mean by KEPT. I used to thrash FTOs with my prelude. so I can imagine a similar treatment by an Integra.

Anyway, Honda did the 100bhp / tonne way before the FTO....and now theyre @ 120bhp / Tonne with the S2K :D

If you talk about engines and pure NA engines, you talk about Honda....