The mkiv Supra Owners Club

e-mail appology

Chris Wilson

If I don't drink beer I am feeling pretty crock!

I think Pete saw me in late shock, I was getting my head around fighting off a strange 70 kilo dog in a kennel run with the door shut with just us two combatants inside. It gives focus to the mind, and you are a LOT stronger than you can ever believe you can be! That, and the fact I was clever enough to thik 3 Tramadols and a pint of strong lager were a good mix :)

I bear the brute no ill, he'd been a pussy cat until then, with rescues you just don't know what their triggers are. I shudder when people go to the local kennels and bring home an 18 month Doberman, Rottie, GSD, whatever, and say to the pre teen kids, "Daddies got a doggie for you all to play with". Generally things are OK'ish, but if it turns to *hit anything that big can easily kill or disfigure an adult, let alone a kiddie.

I was a lot luckier than Steve Irwin, which put my nip in proper perspective for me :(

I think Pete saw me in late shock, I was getting my head around fighting off a strange 70 kilo dog in a kennel run with the door shut with just us two combatants inside. It gives focus to the mind, and you are a LOT stronger than you can ever believe you can be! That, and the fact I was clever enough to thik 3 Tramadols and a pint of strong lager were a good mix :)

I bear the brute no ill, he'd been a pussy cat until then, with rescues you just don't know what their triggers are. I shudder when people go to the local kennels and bring home an 18 month Doberman, Rottie, GSD, whatever, and say to the pre teen kids, "Daddies got a doggie for you all to play with". Generally things are OK'ish, but if it turns to *hit anything that big can easily kill or disfigure an adult, let alone a kiddie.

I was a lot luckier than Steve Irwin, which put my nip in proper perspective for me :(

I have a rescue dog too he's an Alsation Lab x he is really placid and in all the time I have owned him (7 years) the only time he reacted was when I girl was pestering him but he only barked at her (to tell her off).

I think any animal whether its a rescue or not can snap especially when they are bred for pedigree (alot of interbreeding goes on). My mother used to have Westies they had never been ill treated and the one was skits would snap at no warning sometimes.

I would have a rescue dog again anyday. I know you not saying that it was a because its a rescue dog and im not ranting either if you get my drift.

I just think any animal is unpredictable and you should always look out for the unexpected no doubt if you hadn't been on your guard ot could have been a hell of alot worse.

Thats too true Chris, a guy i worked with got a Staffy as a rescue dog, and the male owner had been beating it quite badly and the wife as well i suspect.

It was extremely protective of the wife and just flipped one day and locked on to the guys arm, they had to choke it to get it to release his arm. he had bad ligiment damage.

I hope the injury doesn't effect your business too badly and you recover quickly .

Chris,

Hope all is better soon mate. He looks so calm and passive in front of the lake.

I have been attacked by 2 GSDs in the past, at the same time... Stronger bastards, the one took a full kick to the head with me continuing pressure and stand on its head, it was still trying to bite my foot.

It mate then came round the side and had a go at the leg I was holding the first dog down with.

Escaped with with only the one bite to my right leg, but still... scared the hell out of me...

Now I own 2 GSDs (35 and 40 kgs each) and even at 3 years they are still puppy dogs for me... Gives a little perspective to the sheer size of your horse!

Chris, as I write this my GSD puppy of 4 months is affectionatley chewing my foot... without shoes on ;)

I hope I can trust him for the rest of his life, but sometimes we forget that they are not human but animals that react on instinct, not a deCisioN Making proz\ESS (sorry, he's having a go at typing now :D )

I work with 'working' GSD's all the time, and its a stark reminder what they do for a living and what they're capable of when they bite right through a handler's arm guards and protection seriously injuring the handler!

Hope it all heals well and you're back to beer drinking soon!! Oh, and work of course LOL