The mkiv Supra Owners Club

project supra

Guest CoolsBlue

[rant]

Guys, Im shocked at some of your replies........

Seriously who the fuck are you lot to judge someone. Sorry but comments like buying things with chicken factory money shows your jealousy or ignorance. Who gives a toss how money is earnt, if the lad wants to live at home for the next 4 years, not go out and get pissed every weekend, live on bread and water, but buys a bit a week, then he is far more grown up then some of his mates probably.

And not being funny, but its youngsters like these that in 5 years time when he is 21, will prob have his own garage, tunning and modding cars, and yes he will prob be able to afford a Ferrari.

Its these sorts of people that dont follow the herd, that become a one off, and by the time he is our age, he will prob be on this board with a wealth of knowledge and expertise....

I think you lot should be shot for judging so quickly, and hats off to him for not biting at you lot while only being 16, cause I know at that age I would have done.

Mate, you got out and look for your shell for a grand, tenner says you get hold of one eventually, go buy a side skirt one week, a piece of interior the next, and yes by the time your'll 18 and have passed your test, your might be ready, but I certainlly aint gonna knock you for having the balls to go about it at such a young age, when most boys that age dont wanna put some proper graft into things and just get pissed/stonned and cop off with the nearest girl.

No wonder society is perseeved the way it is with some of your comments......

[/rant]

i absolutely agree with that. many many people used to say much of the same sh*t to me when i was 17 and said im gonna buy me a supra for my 18th. f*ck what people say and go for it!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just that crash repair and bodywork takes allot of time and skill to do properly. You did not say you had help and i don't think schools do courses in crash repair. I had to serve an apprenticeship for 4 years until i would say "I know body work" and have been doing this for 14 years now. So sorry you don't "know" bodywork really do you?

Welcome to the club BTW:d

just looking at this coment here, if anyone remembers my hit last year and the state of the front wing i watched a 8 year old panel bash it then fill and sand it till it looked new so there are some kids out there who do know body work

it doesnt look that bad but i wouldnt of been able to do it

I'm 20 and got mine in April

Costs a lot to run and look after

But full credit to ya buddy for having good taste in cars and liking the supras and having a great work ethic!!

Keep on saving and working hard and buy an N/A model when you have a bit more cash about!

Good to see you on the forum though - :D

it was his son and he was on his Easter hols and when the car came in he didn't want to leave and then when the face lift front wing came in his dad gave his the wing , he went off to the other side of the workshop and smashed the hell out of it came back a day later and his dad pointed out areas he needed to work on and sent him off again the next day he was putting filler on it and sanding it down, I couldn't even tell that the wing had been hit, that little kid had some talent

[rant]

Seriously who the fuck are you lot to judge someone. Sorry but comments like buying things with chicken factory money shows your jealousy or ignorance. Who gives a toss how money is earnt, if the lad wants to live at home for the next 4 years, not go out and get pissed every weekend, live on bread and water, but buys a bit a week, then he is far more grown up then some of his mates probably.

And not being funny, but its youngsters like these that in 5 years time when he is 21, will prob have his own garage, tunning and modding cars, and yes he will prob be able to afford a Ferrari.

Its these sorts of people that dont follow the herd, that become a one off, and by the time he is our age, he will prob be on this board with a wealth of knowledge and expertise....

I think you lot should be shot for judging so quickly, and hats off to him for not biting at you lot while only being 16, cause I know at that age I would have done.

Mate, you got out and look for your shell for a grand, tenner says you get hold of one eventually, go buy a side skirt one week, a piece of interior the next, and yes by the time your'll 18 and have passed your test, your might be ready, but I certainlly aint gonna knock you for having the balls to go about it at such a young age, when most boys that age dont wanna put some proper graft into things and just get pissed/stonned and cop off with the nearest girl.

[/rant]

Gotta agree with ash here... When I was 16 I had a VW polo, generally in pieces most of the time, just playing with it... and some body work stuff too.. and when i put it back together, passed my test - it worked! Ok, not quite a supe but hey...

Guest CoolsBlue
[rant]

[/rant]

thanks for sticking up for me...first bit of 'serious go' someone has given me. but ive been offered a N/A with light damage...my parents are ok with it..so i think ill take it:)

Mate I only say that cause at 29 I only wish I had the thought process at your age to do such a thing...........:cool:

EDIT: So your taking the car then, get some pics and keep a full written progress report of how things are going. I know some of them around here might seem like middle-aged, snobs, who still think Supra's are top end money machines, I know for a fact that everyone on here does love a good progress thread and pics.........

I think you're in a far, far better position getting a complete (though damaged) car. Building one from scratch would be incredibly difficult (I did that to an Alfasud when I was 13yrs old, but the Supra is vastly more complex!)

Many here have rebuilt damaged cars and though they're not generally cost effective its a great learning experience. If you go ahead be sure to document it here ;)

Guest CoolsBlue

not going for a shell no more, got offered a supra with damage so will take it, so will fix it..then take the kit from there...anyone got a top secret aero kit for sale?

not going for a shell no more, got offered a supra with damage so will take it, so will fix it..then take the kit from there...anyone got a top secret aero kit for sale?

Even I wouldnt have advised going for a shell, its an awfull lot of work, think you have taken the better option.......remember get a thread up detailing your progress.......and lots of pics...;)

Guest CoolsBlue
Even I wouldnt have advised going for a shell, its an awfull lot of work, think you have taken the better option.......remember get a thread up detailing your progress.......and lots of pics...;)

i will, no problem. just looking foward to replies i get, '16 and has a supra':D

Guest CoolsBlue
lol, well I wouldnt go calling it a Supra until its complete lol :p

ahhh...a supra is a supra...only got damage...its a full car..with a few bobs gone...but hey!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jaycivic
Supra at 16. Jesus christ next thing I know he'll be buying a ferrari f430 at 21 with his chicken factory money.

No offence buddy but you need a little bit of a reality check. There's no way you're gonna be driving that before your 20th. Stick with something smaller with a little bit of oompth, a 1.6Si Fiesta should do you nicely.

Plus without experience in a RWD car, you'll be in more some heavy lessons. I'm 23 and have just span mine, driven my dads Beemers 5.25 5.30 etc for years and nothing bites like the supra. It's a whole different kettle of fish pal.

Good luck anyway. ;)

im 18 and drive a n/a soop i love it.ive took it off the road now for the winter couldnt afford the rear tyres over the xmas period lol but i cant wait till she comes out to play again lol , but yer mate your young and have the money so sod it do it lol i earn 1k a month and i have 3 cars,its not how much you earn its what and who u know!

Guest CoolsBlue

cheers mate, i love it when this old thread comes back up, might use it for my thread coming in the new year, i got a supra now everyone, shes a 1994 L reg N/A Automatic with front damage.

shall save and save to bring it back to normal.