The mkiv Supra Owners Club

project supra

Guest CoolsBlue

keep your eyes open, you will find something that suits your needs. if your looking for a damaged one is there not an auction for insurance total losses?

I do think you would be better off saving up for a good 1.1 to start off with. A 3ltr is a very big car to learn in!

Welcome btw

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoolsBlue

hey dont think just becuase im 16 i know nothing, ive worked on alot of cars learning from people, my dad even built up our car after i got stolen and smashed up.....i got the know how, and i got alot of help. at the mo im fixing up some custom side skirts and a custom bumper...and a pair of damaged OEM side skits...1 side is finished :p...which will be for sale soon.

hi everybody, i got £1000 to spend on a project supra, anybody selling one that they would sell for that price, pics please:d

Welcome to the board. Whilst I commend your enthusiasm, you've got to be a bit more realistic. £1000 is not going to get you very much other than a complete bare shell. Have you checked out the price of engines etc? Building a Supra up from scratch is going to be pricey. Seriously pricey.

Nobody in their right mind will be selling a repairable mk4 for that kind of money. They're just worth so much more than that as parts!

If I were you, I'd try to look a bit more long-term. If you're into the jap scene, maybe look at an MR2 or something? If you want a car with a Supra badge on it, then for the kind of money you're looking to spend, start looking here:- http://www.supras.co.uk/resources/MkIII/index.htm

Sorry to burst the bubble! But hell, a grand! I've spent more than that on running costs in the last year! (And the car's not been run for the last 4 months of that!)

Guest CoolsBlue

its actually a rear bumper, real nice, it was cut so i could bring if from abroad...and right now all i gotta do is sand it down and re-cut, rivet and work into the supra...same with the skirts to. but i need the supra :p

been through mr2's, preludes, civics etc...but i just dont like them...dont mean to sound like a lillte spoilt tit, but ive been trying so hard, i think ill just work out the year, get my money all saved up and come back then...

hey dont think just becuase im 16 i know nothing, ive worked on alot of cars learning from people, my dad even built up our car after i got stolen and smashed up.....i got the know how, and i got alot of help. at the mo im fixing up some custom side skirts and a custom bumper...and a pair of damaged OEM side skits...1 side is finished :p...which will be for sale soon.

Its just that crash repair and bodywork takes allot of time and skill to do properly. You did not say you had help and i don't think schools do courses in crash repair. I had to serve an apprenticeship for 4 years until i would say "I know body work" and have been doing this for 14 years now. So sorry you don't "know" bodywork really do you?

Welcome to the club BTW:d

Guest CoolsBlue

So sorry you don't "know" bodywork really do you?

NOT AS PROFESIONALLY LIKE YOU...NO...BUT I DIDNT SAY I KNOW IT ALL, I SAID, DONT THINK I KNOW NOTHING. I GOT MY LITTLE SKILLS TO GET ME THROUGH..:search:..OOOH AND MY FRIEND..WHO PROFESIONALLY KNOWS BODYWORK...WHO BUILT THAT SUPRA IN MY AVATAR, BASICALLY IVE LEARNT MOST OF MY LITTLE SKILLS FROM HIM.

dude I had a 1.3i mini when I was 18 it cost 995 fully comp I then moved onto a mk2 MR2 at 19 and that cost 1900 third part F&F so I think a supra as a first car will probly earn you a lot of hassle with A) the police B) little bastards who will key the shit out of it and C) the insurance comps just hanging up on ya. Oh I got my NA when I was 21 and it costs me around £900 fully comp in a great area locked in a garage and also 6k a year.

If you earn only £900 a month no offence by a house when you can don't buy a bloody supra your never going to be able to run it, the running costs and cost of ownership are large and owning a supra at your age in my opinion just becuase you like them is ludicrous insurance will be ni on impossible to get at 17-19 or will be £4000ish i should think.

Now i'm not slating you as i commend your Enthusiasm but i would say wait till your older before thinking about owning a mkiv supra.

I have just had to pay 1800 pounds for my stepson on a 1.2 65bhp polo. And premiums are about to go up again. TBH i think you will end up wasting your money and dissapointing yourself.

By the time you can afford to insure a supra you will be able to buy an NA for 1000. i would just put the money into premium bonds instead!

I have just had to pay 1800 pounds for my stepson on a 1.2 65bhp polo. And premiums are about to go up again. TBH i think you will end up wasting your money and dissapointing yourself.

By the time you can afford to insure a supra you will be able to buy an NA for 1000. i would just put the money into premium bonds instead!

amen that man :) :cool:

That is a good idea plus when you come to drive your supra you may find your tast has changed or wish you put that money aside cause the price of 911's has droped (for example)

Guest CoolsBlue

thanks for all the replys.

um who asked for pics of the supra again...:blink: ...anywho...enjoy...PS..the rear bumper and skirts are like the ones in finishing...

untitled2.JPG

untitled.JPG

untitled3.JPG

Can't argue with a 16 year old.

A 16 year old with a bit of cash and a lot of enthusiasm is a formidable force. The words 'wait 'till you are older' dont mean anything at that age. We all know the end result, but a lot of fun will be had in the meantime.

Bit o.t.t in my opinion for a supra, looks nice from the rear but still looks like good workmanship :) doesn't look like northamptonshire in pics and his number plate is not an english one i may have missed something i'm sure.