The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bitten

robbieg

That's one huge pot hole, I'd be writing a letter to the council regarding it, as long as you were doing no wrong, like driving too fast or dangerously, then you may have a case that the road caused your vehicle excess damage and that caused you to have the accident.

This really annoys me, we pay road tax to maintain the roads and yet loads of them have pot holes/poor surfaces. I'd try to bill whoever is responsible for maintaining the road for damaging your car. Its not like big pot holes just magically appear so no doubt the council already knew about it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suing the council for comepnsation in cases like this is usually quite successful. Get photo's of the pothole, with a ruler in shot as well for scale purposes, and write up what happened in a letter to them, photos of the damage and a quote for repairs. Get the bastards ;)

-Ian

Suing the council for comepnsation in cases like this is usually quite successful. Get photo's of the pothole, with a ruler in shot as well for scale purposes, and write up what happened in a letter to them, photos of the damage and a quote for repairs. Get the bastards ;)

-Ian

right going to buy digi cam later lets see what happens!!!

still no news yet:rolleyes:

suppose this is the worst bit waiting!!!

ye thanks guys for the kind comments just waiting to see to out come of the first stage before start climbing walls and shouting; at the end of the no one was hurt (thank god) ye do love me car it is /was great lot of money into irt etc.. but wats the price of life!! at least iam the only one greveing (and you lot!!!!!) and no some mum/dad cos there kids gone under the car!!:(

i know its sad but black and white and all iam alive to drive another suooop

just make a better one!!!!;)

On the face of it, it doesn't look too bad at all. New door, wing and front bumper, but those can be picked up for very little if needed. Obviously paint will cost a few £.

Provided the chassis is straight and the mount points forthe rear suspension haven't moved it should be a simple repair.

Unless the damage is hiding something more severe there no way thats a write-off.

Rsorry about your accident; you might want to read this.

Personally I woulsd immediately make a claim; ring you local highways and get a name etc and do it.

Im not saying youll win cos they are a bunch of slippery bastards.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=86360&page=2&pp=15

Rich:d

whoow thats heavy reading when you start, thanks this may help if it comes down to the wire. if insurance pays out then fine if well start ball rolling!!!

taking photo later of hole in the road been ther along time it anit going anywere!!!!

On the face of it, it doesn't look too bad at all. New door, wing and front bumper, but those can be picked up for very little if needed. Obviously paint will cost a few £.

Provided the chassis is straight and the mount points forthe rear suspension haven't moved it should be a simple repair.

Unless the damage is hiding something more severe there no way thats a write-off.

lets hope so :)

could get right under the car, so cant shed any light on it but did see ball joint in half, the one on wish bone also notice two bars about inch thick broken these had rubber joints like tye rods end on,

not that handy under there so not sure on tecky side,

Oh nightmare Robbie :( i've just read this post, you must be gutted.

I was looking forward to seeing your Supra up close too, these poxy roads around here are appalling. Just glad your well mate and you can live with bruised ribs !

Lets hope they don't write it off.

Mark

Oh nightmare Robbie :( i've just read this post, you must be gutted.

I was looking forward to seeing your Supra up close too, these poxy roads around here are appalling. Just glad your well mate and you can live with bruised ribs !

Lets hope they don't write it off.

Mark

ye lived with broken ones before so bruised no prob!!!!

didnt get chance to see your motor!!!

mines down at tressers (something like that) if you want a peek!!

its the one in peices some say its repairable find out tomorrow!!!

fingers crossed and all

so sorry to see this mate. im sorry to say it but i reckon with the suspension damage you are looking at a write off:(

yep thats what i reckon if iam honset these things happen i guess :(

and the car was just getting there to !!!!!

new build project planning already phoenix rising agian!!!;)

Yeah but the whole wheel looks like it's about 4" too far in. How could that happen?

Ball joints shearing, wishbone broken or some other serious suspension collapse. Could of screwed up a load of stuff, maybe even fecked the diff by slamming the shaft into it.

All depends on the speed and the size of the pot hole. I have seen similar damage from a kerb.

Ball joints shearing, wishbone broken or some other serious suspension collapse. Could of screwed up a load of stuff, maybe even fecked the diff by slamming the shaft into it.

All depends on the speed and the size of the pot hole. I have seen similar damage from a kerb.

think it was that big and i do mean big rock that was in the land scaped garden that fished that corner off!!:blink:

the pothole started the chain and the rest was over in seconds a bit blury:blink: