The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 07 - May 11/12/13 2007

Dragonball

My chances of going have just dropped from 51% to 38.5%. May have a military committment in Italy. If I don't make it, my wife Carly may go without me and maybe bring a girlfriend. If so, I'll look to you guys to take care of her (waits for the myriad of jokes to follow). Either way, I won't know until Friday.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My chances of going have just dropped from 51% to 38.5%. May have a military committment in Italy. If I don't make it, my wife Carly may go without me and maybe bring a girlfriend. If so, I'll look to you guys to take care of her (waits for the myriad of jokes to follow). Either way, I won't know until Friday.

Dude, i finally have a good single turbo setup to take you out in! Cant they delay the war??? ;)

ok.. seeing as though i'm a Dragonball virgin, could somebody post up a list of important things that i need to take/remember.. maybe it would help everyone out... :) I'll Start it off,

- Passport

- Reference numbers for the tunnel crossing

-

-

Did any one get any speeding fines during the Dragonball last year?... I've got a feeling we might get targeted after all this Gumball fiasco!... If they catch us lot thrashing through france, a week after 2 people died during the gumball, i don't think they'll be too impressed...

so..... how fast are the french police cars? and do they have hellicopters? :D:D:D

- Passport

- Reference numbers for the tunnel crossing

- Euros (incl change for toll booth)

- E111 card

- PMR radio

- Insurance & breakdown cover docs

- Log book

- Camera

-

-

Just out of interest, why would i need to take my Log book?

so..... how fast are the french police cars? and do they have hellicopters? :D:D:D

Unfortunately yes. And there was one based in Calais. Not sure if its still there after they closed the refugee camp at Sangatte.

French police do like original documents if you get stopped.

Driving Licence, Insurance (with green card if your policy still requires it), Log book, and I was once asked for my MOT but it was a new style one and it seemed to confuse them so it was pushed back at me.

Spare Oil

Distilled H2O

Spare Brake Fluid

Spare Fuses

Plenty of cash for the bar

A credit card with space on it

Rain coat and winter sweater if this damn weather doesn't let up

Bucket with car cleaning crap if care about winning an award

(Wasn't worth it last year given the weather)

'Dummie's guide to French' book

No need for spare DB06 copy Steve. It showed up today! Speaking of which, time for a beer and viewing!

Weather looks total shite again. :(

Always the sodding same. Sunshine when you don't need it, rain when you do.

Nah - it will be fine

Scattered showers on Saturday (Clearing) and same for Sunday later on - maybe a bit heavier!

No worries - TC set to max 5% :)

Everyone arranged insurance??

Somebody bring an extra PMR for me. I didn't have one last year because my U.S. PMR couldn't talk to the UK PMRs and that sucked. I've just finished watching last year's vid. Can't wait for this year. Hope I make it. Damn weather.

Edit - Does anyone have a spare TTC or switchable setup they wouldn't mind parting with? I can't seem to find the required parts here in Germany and need it to troubleshoot possible VSVs. If someone can pick up the parts at a reasonable price, I'd be interested. Please let me know.

Somebody bring an extra PMR for me. I didn't have one last year because my U.S. PMR couldn't talk to the UK PMRs and that sucked. I've just finished watching last year's vid. Can't wait for this year. Hope I make it. Damn weather.

I gotta spare, charged and ready to go.

How much you taking?

£500 in euros and a couple hundred in sterling, most of it's for beer so I'll be screwed if they stop me in France on the Monday :D

As I said to you before John I'm not worried much about the police as I'll be wearing your number plate :p

£500 in euros and a couple hundred in sterling, most of it's for beer so I'll be screwed if they stop me in France on the Monday :D

As I said to you before John I'm not worried much about the police as I'll be wearing your number plate :p

Feel Free, Ill have the PIG plates on ;)