Supras with no spoilers

blitz supra

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:) See youve fitted the Sans Chapel Crux Type C roof kit in the first picture...smooth, my man. How did you get on with the Holy Water in the window washer ?

Umm, are you alright, mate?.... As for the washer, just plugged it off. Didn't take too long to remove everything, and it has transformed the car. Cheapest mod I ever did do!

Andy

you keep referring to JDM look.... doesnt Japanese Domestic market mean cars that have upgraded parts on their car for late spec pars/alternative parts from the same vehicles in different model guises? ie late spec rear lights would be a JDM mod?

As veilside spoilers are made by Veilside, how is that a JDM mod?

Andy

P.S. Spoilerless supes RULE! End of! lol, it's all personal taste. It would be like a Subaru club if all our cars looked the same!...

[[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Sub_Culture/DSC00509.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Sub_Culture/DSC00513.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Sub_Culture/DSC00505.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Sub_Culture/DSC00512.jpg[/qimg]

This car looks great, but its the US look... not JDM

JDM look is the car culture in Japan and the way they have their cars and the spec, they have the wheels the spoilers , graphics etc etc ,

this even extends to customised MPV's

Films like 2F2F were inspired by this car culture, big turbos , bright colours,

The Jap import scene is not just about standard cars, but "the something different" too

We buy imports because they are different from what is available to us in reagrds of looks and spec

If you have ever been to a Jap Auction, its a real eye opener at what is available but sadly not to us because of Model Reports,

To actually buy a standard car out there is not like buying a car here, they all modify them, thats why we want them !! everycar is crammed with extras

But this is getting harder to find that something special due to ESVA and SVA

So to understand the JDM and Jap car culture, you are looking at cars like the attached,

It seems strange some ridicule Supras with kits and graphics, when actually they don't seem to understand it,

I have been involved in this culture ( what is started out as ) nearly 6 yeaers now, No one wanted a standard car,

Seems odd you all drive Import and modded Supras but forget the roots of how it came about over here,

I'm into all Jap cars not just Supras, and the sport side too on the Jap cars , drifting is the latests as is Time Attack ,

Veilside is and was the classic JDM Supra look ,

A look which inspired so many copies onto other makes

Typical JDM is big spoilers, tinted rear class , bodykits , graphics etc, not smoothed out looks... that US (CAL LOOK)

Hope that expalins it abit,but when you have a friend in the import business you actually see what people want... and what people buy and it is not standard cars...

But times move on and trends change, hence why we now fit TRD etc etc

JDM look is the car culture in Japan and the way they have their cars and the spec, they have the wheels the spoilers , graphics etc etc ,

The Jap import scene is not just about standard cars, but "the something different" too

We buy imports because they are different from what is available to us in reagrds of looks and spec

If you have ever been to a Jap Auction, its a real eye opener at what is available but sadly not to us because of Model Reports,

To actually buy a standard car out there is not like buying a car here, they all modify them, thats why we want them !! everycar is crammed with extras

So to understand the JDM and Jap car culture, you are looking at cars like the attached,

It seems strange some ridicule Supras with kits and graphics, when actually they don't seem to understand it,

I have been involved in this culture ( what is started out as ) nearly 6 yeaers now, No one wanted a standard car,

Seems odd you all drive Import and modded Supras but forget the roots of how it came about over here,

I'm into all Jap cars not just Supras, and the sport side too on the Jap cars , drifting is the latests as is Time Attack ,

Typical JDM is big spoilers, tinted rear class , bodykits , graphics etc, not smoothed out looks... that US (CAL LOOK)

Hope that expalins it abit,but when you have a friend in the import business you actually see what people want... and what people buy and it is not standard cars...

Typical JDM look

pics attached

Kirk RX7.jpg

jdm supra.jpg

You seem to suffer from excessive use of the button.

Guest steve77964
I wouldn't have a Veilside spoiler as a gift. Or a Bomex front bumper for that matter.

The Veilside spoilers are so oversized they look stupid.

i can't say anything i have a hugeeee spoiler haha

Now I've gone despoilered (from Meccano ) I love it!

Looks nice and smooth, but mean looking at the same time.

Ferrari never crossed my mind, if I wanted a Ferrari replica I'd start sticking badges on (I think I've seen 2 Supra's that have these on - what were the owners thinking?)

Then again, I love the standard spoiler but fancied a change.

I think that looks great Eliott. The rear lights really help with the look too

That white supra has the best rear end of any supra i've seen. I'm tempted to get rid of my rear wiper and badge and everything too. looks ace - even if it is white!

I use my rear wiper too much to get rid of it, too practical to get rid of just for aesthetic IMO.

Mine works. I was driving along the other morning in brilliant sunshine and the wiper kept going every few secs, must've been from when I had last driven the car.

I had a splitting hangover and there a police car behind me - could remember how to turn it off? Could I buggery.

Luckily it was a WPC driving the cop car, so she didn't notice and pull me over.