The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rotora GT Carbon Wing (spoiler)

Elliot

I've had this on the car since I bought it almost 2 years ago & now fancy a change. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but thought someone might be interested.

By the looks of it, there are 4 different height settings you can have it on (for varying degrees of downforce I guess!)

I didn't realise how lightweight it was until I took it off the car.

There's a couple more photos in my garage here.

If anyone wants any more photo's just ask.

Price? Not sure - Offers?

Collection only at the moment please, unless I can get a box big enough for it. If you are genuinely interested, give me a shout as I might be able to get it dropped off (my brother takes his van to Manchester once a week)

I've included some close up photos to show it's not in perfect condition - in some areas of the seams (right word?) there is slight discolouration from water (I think). It's only noticeable when you're up close looking at it. Best photo is the 4th one to show what I mean.

Also, one of the brackets has had the corner chopped off to accomodate the rear wiper base.

Also one side has Grasshopper Performance logo on it (underneath the CF?) but can only be seen at certain angles as it's real faint.

Had a couple of people ask me how much I want for this, but have no idea - that's why I said open to offers :)

Anyone have an idea of what it's worth? £50 - £100?.....£20? I have no idea.

Shall I just chuck it on eBay?

i think your wing is on the wrong wayround ....if you look at the curviture of the carbon , it should give you downforce in the middle , were as your middle is facing towards the front not away from the front, which causes drag. i may be wrong , but when you are driving fast and a truck or large car goes the opposite way and causes the air to flow opposite to you , do you feel like something has just grabbed you from behind ??.....i could be wrong , but hell what do i know ...:D

Had a couple of people ask me how much I want for this, but have no idea - that's why I said open to offers :)

Anyone have an idea of what it's worth? £50 - £100?.....£20? I have no idea.

Shall I just chuck it on eBay?

Try not to get taken advantage of here, mate. This was a £650 wing and a limited edition (I had one on my RX7 til it was stolen.... was it you?? Just joking). It was commisioned by Rotora to show off their brakes on a demo car, and had a run made up.

Should be able to demand at least £250, so dont take the first offer!

Andy

i'll give ya 60 posted :)

Erm, no. Wouldn't it cost around that much to post / courier!?

i think your wing is on the wrong wayround ....if you look at the curviture of the carbon , it should give you downforce in the middle , were as your middle is facing towards the front not away from the front, which causes drag. i may be wrong , but when you are driving fast and a truck or large car goes the opposite way and causes the air to flow opposite to you , do you feel like something has just grabbed you from behind ??.....i could be wrong , but hell what do i know ...:D

Erm, I'm not sure! lol! Every photo I've seen of it on other cars has it looking the same way as on mine. I'm confused now! Wouldn't it look strange the other way around!?

Try not to get taken advantage of here, mate. This was a £650 wing and a limited edition (I had one on my RX7 til it was stolen.... was it you?? Just joking). It was commisioned by Rotora to show off their brakes on a demo car, and had a run made up.

Andy

I don't mind the wing, but I don't like it enough to steal it off someone's car! :)

Like I said, it was on it when I bought it (honest guv). I think I remember a post on this site about an RX7 having one of these nicked - was that you then?

I've had a decent offer tonight & a bit more interest, so will see what comes of the offer.

Andy

Aha, found the thread about your RX7?

Erm don't know what courier you will use for that price but DHL will deliver up to 25kg and no more than 4 cubic foot for only £9.99

DHL link

That is cheap. Where would I get a huge box for it though? I've checked out ASDA, Tesco etc but the boxes they have aren't big enough.

Would need to spend a small fortune on bubblewrap as well!

That is cheap. Where would I get a huge box for it though? I've checked out ASDA, Tesco etc but the boxes they have aren't big enough.

Would need to spend a small fortune on bubblewrap as well!

Well when i have had an awkward item to send i just ripped up big boxes ie walkers crips boxes and used tape and loads of it, packageing for less than £2,

come on mate if you really thing about it you can package it for less than a fiver

Well when i have had an awkward item to send i just ripped up big boxes ie walkers crips boxes and used tape and loads of it, packageing for less than £2,

come on mate if you really thing about it you can package it for less than a fiver

Yeah, and when it arrives in pieces I don't think I'd be too popular! :)

I'm popping down a place I know in a few minutes, but I'm pretty sure the bubblewrap alone would cost more than £5? Surely?

Quick update - Still got it

I've packaged it up in bubblewrap and bought 4 sturdy boxes to fix together, and filled it with with wotsit chips, so it's extremely secure, but I'm struggling to find a courier who doesn't need an address before they give you a quote.

The size is about 6 foot (70"), by 1.5 foot (17"), by 1.5 foot (17")

Anyone have any ideas for postage please?

EDITED due to me not being bright enough to check my e-mails on a regualr basis, whilst awaiting a reply from someone :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the "buyer" hasn't contacted me so seems like he's not serious

(it's annoying when you wait 2 weeks for payment & by the end of it you're ignored isn't it!?)

Any offers? I have a few older offers to check over from before when I get back from Manchester. I'll be getting back to you guys.

As above, I have this parcelled ready to go if anyone can arrange a courier.

If you are serious, please post on here, as I've had too many PMs enquiring about stuff recently wasting my time, sending multiple PMs then ignoring me when I reply etc, just gets boring.

Please remember I will be away till Thursday or Friday. Shame I've been messed about as I could have delivered it on the way to Manchester twice in the last fortnight.

pm sent :D

Replied

eliot i have been trying to cut a deal on this wing,for 2 weeks mate...pm me bud...

PMSL - with who!? :) The last message you sent me was 3 weeks ago, on the 13th. I replied to that and you haven't contacted me since. I'll PM again if you want?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.