The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras with no spoilers

blitz supra

:) if thats what you wanted, why start the discussion by saying that not having one looks naff ? A tad confrontational, no ?

whatever,

It was on people views, on what they like and don't like,

Naff is a term not a personal attack

I'm told i live in 1994 not 2006

Thats a personal attack...

As are Cruise sites comments

R34 in a computer game comments

Stickers comments

the list goes on,

Egos ... quite scary really,

I've met some really nice members at quite a few meets,

Obviously not to night disapointed with the personal attacks

Sensible discussion on what we think looks good and what we like on our Supra and what we don't like

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Read the thread again

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

food for thought there

Yeah thanks for the lecture dude.

If you want to say something looks "awful" and other things are "oh dear" then you maybe might expect other folks to express their own opinions.

I can't see why you're getting so touchy about me asking about your stickers, maybe you're the sensitive type, I dunno.

You need a thick skin on this forum mate, there is a lot of piss taking on here.

Yep these look fantastic

Others don't

Everyone else has their own view of loving it or hating the look

Yeah thanks for the lecture dude.

If you want to say something looks "awful" and other things are "oh dear" then you maybe might expect other folks to express their own opinions.

I can't see why you're getting so touchy about me asking about your stickers, maybe you're the sensitive type, I dunno.

You need a thick skin on this forum mate, there is a lot of piss taking on here.

it wasn't pissing taking Jake, no i'm not touchy

Personal attacks,

Simple post on asking for peoples views thats all,

All you had to do was say yeah love it or no hate it and a few pics

I gave my view that i didn't like the look

All you had to do was give your view on the look,,

Sorry but i'm really disapointed

Will everybody stop posting piccies of gorgeous expensive wheels please:blink:

Just for you Ewan, to bring you back to earth...........

http://www.heaves.freeserve.co.uk/pwrallying/DSC00004.JPG

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles/pics/wheelrefurb2-1.jpg

So am I, that's 3 mice I've worn out now with all this excessive scrolling :blink:

WOOHOO

we could have

a group buy

on mice!!!:p

A discussion.....one on one

'I think it looks really awful'...thats your opinion

'A supra is not a supe without a spoiler'..oh yes it is

'Std looks great'...I agree

'Veilside for that JDM dramatic look'...I told my importer that if my car came in with a Veilside wing Id shove it up his ass...buts thats just my opinion.

'and the TRD well that always looks great'...I agree, both versions look good

'Not sure about all these huge Halfords macano spoilers that are being fitted by that can look good with certain bodykits'....some JGTC style wings look good IMO, but I dont think they all come from Halfords

'Removing them doesn't create the ferrari look which i think some people are trying to acheive, it just looks silly in my opinion and lloks like somethings missing or makes the car look basic and worse still when people put grommets in the holes... nasty!!'......why Ferrari ? Why not Aston or even Supras themselves. Supras have been available without wings as an option since they came out in '93

Get rid of the comic rear wing and the shopping list stickers and we'll all love you for sure :D :p :innocent:

The shows / mags and circles this car is and has been featured in , go for this look, ( the typical JDM look )

Put my car next to a standard Supra unkitted and they will want to photo mine,

Its not being big headed or anything, fact, but thats not what i go for in the meets and shows,

but sometimes you are lucky and get picked ( ask a few of the guys on here)

My mate has a real blinged up RX7 and yes some of the Rotary club hate it as its not "" original" but at Japfest alone he had 9 offers of features on it..

i'm happy to go to the big meets the big shows and then on the other hand i enjoy the little club meets,

Tonight has tainted my view on here, shame as so far i have met some really nice Supra club people at meets ,

I'll say it again its all about what we each like, what our views are on a certain look

THAT IS WHAT THE WHOLE THREAD WAS ABOUT !!!!

'Veilside for that JDM dramatic look'...I told my importer that if my car came in with a Veilside wing Id shove it up his ass...buts thats just my opinion.

I pity anyone trying to sell a veilsided Supra at the moment...

Supras have been available without wings as an option since they came out in '93

Yeah the silly Jap owner whos car i bought didnt fit one on mine way back in '93. When it came over on the boat i was outraged to see it had no spolier so stuck a stocker on quick smart :D

Well heres mines with no spoiler(sort of), still think it looks strange though. I really like those TRD ones now I have been looking around though they are well nice. Also please stop slating the Veilside kit as I have it and you will give me a complex

DISCLAIMER: I AM IN NO WAY SKILLED TO ANY DEGREE WITH PHOTOSHOP OR ANY OTHER PHOTO EDITTING PROGRAM AS THE EVIDENCE WILL NOW SHOW :D

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=3078

Looks good Paul :) . Its each to their own with regards to body styling, as long as your all happy with what you've got, who cares what anybody else thinks ?. I'm always getting differant idea's from differant cars, an i like a couple of style of rear spoiler, for now though, mines standard.

THANKYOU

We all get different ideas..... from other peoples cars..

Some like the Spolier look and some don't

You answered the question.. what this thread was all about

thanks

Removing them doesn't create the ferrari look which i think some people are trying to acheive, it just looks silly in my opinion and lloks like somethings missing or makes the car look basic and worse still when people put grommets in the holes... nasty!!

Makes me laugh do people actually remove them to make it look like a ferrari? Thats the first time I have heard anyone wanting there soop to look like a ferrari.

If you want to talk about awful (but not all) then ferrari looks worse than a spoilerless soop IMHO of course.

People do actually remove them to get rid of some drag as i believe that it offers 60% of downforce on the car but i think thats at 100+ or something, but i dont drive at those speeds all the time my mototr still has the limiter on it.

it wasn't pissing taking Jake, no i'm not touchy

Personal attacks,

Simple post on asking for peoples views thats all,

All you had to do was say yeah love it or no hate it and a few pics

I gave my view that i didn't like the look

All you had to do was give your view on the look,,

Sorry but i'm really disapointed

I beg to differ, you seem very touchy to me. What did I say that you took as a personal attack?

When you say the de-spoilered look is 'awful' is that not attacking some peoples cars?

When you say Veilside kits are 'on dear' is that not attacking some peoples cars?

Naff is a term not a personal attack

I'm told i live in 1994 not 2006

Thats a personal attack...

As are Cruise sites comments

R34 in a computer game comments

Stickers comments

Out of those those things the only one said by me was the stickers question. The others were said by Hayden I think.

Is a question be a personal attack anyway?

This forum is getting so PC it's ridiculous.

I beg to differ, you seem very touchy to me. What did I say that you took as a personal attack?

When you say the de-spoilered look is 'awful' is that not attacking some peoples cars?

When you say Veilside kits are 'on dear' is that not attacking some peoples cars?

Although it pains me I actually agree with Jake :p