The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6th April - Stock Turbo Owners Bunfight II , Santa Pod

Branners

Hehe, sorry to hear that Ian :p

I've always noticed it gets much better towards the end of the day. The track improves and the traffic dies down a bit. SHame about the weather and I can understand your gripes.. you sometimes cant get much racing in a whole day.

Last time I went my buddy got 5 runs, and he took a couple of hours off for a break. So it can be fun. ;)

Scooter, out of interest, how did you and you're car get on.. its gotta be better than my 15.7 back in Janurary! :)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ian C

Can I just say that Darren Blake, after giving me lots of abuse in the morning for my apparent lack of ability to find second gear every now and again, started in the wrong gear on the drag strip - an impressive feat with an autobox :p :D

It was in MANU mode, Ian! Anyway, I still kicked your ass all the way up to 60 feet. :baa:

Even speaking from the NA driver's perspective - it was a brilliant day. Real shame about the weather and the queueing but it was great to meet you all. It was a really nice atmosphere (even if it was bloody freezing!)

Being a Pod virgin, I was happy not to come in at over 20 seconds (even on my "wrong gear" run). Just for the sake of interest, this is the timesheet for my best run. Remember this is a stock NA automatic.

Reaction:--1.496

60ft:--------2.527

330ft:------6.975

1/8:---------10.547 (70.21mph)

3/16:-------13.471

1/4:---------16.175 (87.49mph)

By the end of the day I was so keyed up that I blew my last run (against a fiesta with gansta tints) with a false start. I was still buzzing more than an Ann Summers sales rep when I got home. :D :D :D

Bobbeh, I got a best time of 13.875......

Hardly had time to chat to anyone as i was constantly queueing. I got butt-whipped (calm down Brad & Termi) by Robbie all day (we're both white UK's), until Ian C obilged;) on my final run of the day

Good to meet up with you guys again, shame the weather wasn't warmer as i was froze for most of the day.

I was going to join you up the 1/4 but my rear tyres are on there last legs and didn't want to be driving home on slicks, well thats my excuse for not winning the coveted trophy.

But fair play to you guys and girls as some pretty good times were being made.

Catch you all at the nxt event.

Lets hope its warmer :cool:

Theres a good clip of me racing the 300ZX, and i beat him :) only just though mainly because he was spinning more than me at the start! It was when he was messing around with his boost controller while q-ing i thought i was in for a beating!

Mark D...

I THINK I'm right in saying the Reaction Time is listed

seperately and NOT INCLUDED in the ELAPSED TIME ! ! !

It doesn't matter what reaction time you get, the "1/4 ET"

is the time it takes for the car to go point-to-point as it were.

It's done that way so you can see easily the 2 times seperately.

If you look at the bottom of the page it says "1st Finish" under

the car which actually 'crossed the line' first....that's the RACE

WINNER..... if you like ? !

IF it wasn't done that way, and MY Reaction Time was INCLUDED

in my ET, then on 1 run (ET=14.080, RT=1.349) I actually had a

'run' time of 12.731 ! ! ! I DON'T THINK SO ! !

Not sure if it's done the 'other' way for 'proper' Draggin' ? ?

FatS.

[ DOM... lookin' back at the OLD slips from our trips up there

THAT makes sense 'cos there are 2 runs where YOU had

'1st Finish' but I had lower ET1/4 times....ie. YOU had better

Reaction Times, but I had better ET...YOU actually went through

the lights FIRST....NOW, in a real 'DRAG' surely YOU would WIN !?

so they MUST include the Reaction Time in REAL Draggin' ! ! ]

Hellllooooo boys and girls.....

Good to meet/see you all again!

Sorry didn't have much social time there, besides my 'personal' company I had brought along, most times I spent queing and being pissed with my car......

I came unpreprared and the car was giving me beans(thanks to Matt who helped me with the inital problem)...

Anyway, Doug- sod off m8:p

Brian you wusss, I think you should sign over the car to Angie m8!

Gavin, you gave me a bit of scare there with them nice back tyres:innocent: when we lined up together m8.....thought I was gonna get a sound arse whoopping...'but I guess not:p , What happened on there m8??

Well done to Matt and all others......

I just have to post a sample or two of some of the shady club members...:D 'Guess who?'

alex matt doug.jpg

Originally posted by Supra Pilot

Hellllooooo boys and girls.....

Good to meet/see you all again!

Sorry didn't have much social time there, besides my 'personal' company I had brought along, most times I spent queing and being pissed with my car......

I came unpreprared and the car was giving me beans(thanks to Matt who helped me with the inital problem)...

Anyway, Doug- sod off m8:p

Brian you wusss, I think you should sign over the car to Angie m8!

Gavin, you gave me a bit of scare there with them nice back tyres:innocent: when we lined up together m8.....thought I was gonna get a sound arse whoopping...'but I guess not:p , What happened on there m8??

Well done to Matt and all others......

I just have to post a sample or two of some of the shady club members...:D 'Guess who?'

I like the black soop :D

Caption, Pic 1:

Matt: Now look, Alex, if you don't give yourself a kick up the @rse and use that throttle, you'll be standing on your own like 'Billy no-mates' behind me.....ok???

Alex: OK Mr Harwood, Boss. But I did my best....honest! (Sniff!)

:p

Originally posted by Branners

The next Stock Turbo Owners Bunfight is on Sunday 6th April 2003.

The rules stand as before

The rules are simple, the car should be run in the sort of condition that you would nip down the shops in. These are the specific rules

standard street tyres (no slicks, no drag radials)

If you think your car might have something on it that would rule it out then email me to confirm. Its a question of what I can see and what I cant see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

SO2's?:p :p :p

tyres.jpg