The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6th April - Stock Turbo Owners Bunfight II , Santa Pod

Branners

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll make my own way up there this time. Leave my place around 9am.. so we may meet up :)

I asked my dad if he fancied a spirited run from Toddington to the Pod, and he reminded me I need someone with a license to carry me about.. so we'll go easy this time :D

Great day out apart from the weather, good to see you all again.

Only managed 2 runs, the first was ok, the second better but my start could only be described as f**kin *******! but managed 14.15 @ 104.38.

Ive got film of myself and a few others, scooter (i think) and the other white uk spec, adam_sg and a red soop with bonet vents against a black soop.

As soon as ive made them a reasonable size ill put them up on the web somewhere and post a link.

Originally posted by GavinL

I'm not so sure that RLTC is the thing to have at Santa Pod

If anyone was using RLTC today can you please post your 60ft time, slip settings and gearbox type.

Thanks

Gavin, I had it set to WET (8% slip) all day and my best 60ft was 2.421 and I have a UK Auto. (It was my first day at POD)

Originally posted by GavinL

I'm not so sure that RLTC is the thing to have at Santa Pod

If anyone was using RLTC today can you please post your 60ft time, slip settings and gearbox type.

Thanks

2.4....10%.......auto

60ft on the second run was

2.6 in ttc

the red one with the vents could be me I was beaten by one on the 2nd run:innocent:

Well done Matt.

It seems strange that on a surface where traction was at a premium, someone said that RLTC might not have been a good idea.

Angie had a good run at the start of the day hitting the 1/4 mile in 13.244 secs at 111.8mph.

The car is a J-Spec TT. The only mod other than RLTC is a full de-cat. (Yes, Dom....the bit*h did it again!!! At least Matt beat her this time!)

Her full timing sheet as follows:

60ft 2.396secs

330ft 5.977secs

1/8mile [email protected]

3/16 11.154secs

1/4 [email protected]

My best was 13.564:( :( :(

It seemed that RLTC was invaluable today.

My best was 14.1.

I only got 2 proper runs in, then on the 3rd (last) I picked up some

of that bleach (?) or whatever the ba**ards layed down for the

Dragsters at the 'Bridge'.

THEREFOR: I got my first and ONLY wheelspinning of the day ! !

AND I'd forgot to switch the TRAC off ! !

RESULT = as soon as the wheels spun (~50ftish) the bloody thing

cut-in and BBBLLUUURRRR.

On the first 2 runs the surface was absolutely fine ! ? !

Blimey, me' dad's first run EVER was 14.3 ! ! and HE never got any

wheelspin either (his 2nd run was 14.2.... so he's NOT comin' again !:sly: )

FatS.

Perhaps this'll get moved to a different thread but for now here goes:

First of all, nice to meet a few new people today. Nice time Angie, I think I'll employ you as my driver next time.

What would you guys call a good reaction time?

Somebody running against me today did 0.671. Is there a value below which it records a false start?

I feel that improvements in this area would significantly reduce my time more easily (and cheaply) than power modifications.

I did manage a good 60ft time whilst running against Matt H but after this he just breezed on by. I have not yet installed my RLTC, and by looking at my times it suggests that a fair degree of throttle restraint is required up to and beyond 330ft so perhaps it would have helped slightly.

For the record here is my best run (including reaction time)

Reaction 1.063

60ft 2.271

330ft 6.027

1/8 8.898

1/8mph 85.48

3/16 11.299

1/4 13.430

1/4mph 109.37

If only I could get my reaction time down to 0.010 secs...........

Excellent day today, nice to meet some new faces and good to see all the familier ones!

I've got a big :D for getting the trophy, (and JB, I AM suprised!).

I haven't got my timing slips to hand, but my two best times were 13.04 and 13.06. Best terminal speed was 115.85. They're the only ones I remember...

It was soooooo much better for traction today. We actually had some. My RLTC didn't really cut in much. I had it set to 15% virtually all day.

Robbie, you were so near it's unreal.

The minimum reaction time isn't 0.0 seconds, but it depends on which tree they use. I think they use the sportsman tree at RWYB days, which IIRC means a perfect start would be a 0.600. I used to know but I've forgotten!

I had a reasonably disasterous day, being 'owned' (thanks Doug) by almost everyone due to an inability to get any grip below 3rd gear. Best was a 13.8 @ 115mph, up against Angie, where I also hit 7090rpm in 4th! The red mist had descended....

Can I just say that Darren Blake, after giving me lots of abuse in the morning for my apparent lack of ability to find second gear every now and again, started in the wrong gear on the drag strip - an impressive feat with an autobox :p :D

It was great meeting a bunch of Supra bods off this BBS, but personally, a 6:30am start, a 250mile round trip, Over twenty quid entry fees and hours queueing in godawful weather for about 1min15s of actual racing on a road with less grip than any set of traffic lights around Norwich isn't my idea of a good return on investment, so I probably won't go again :(

Getting beat by Doug, Scooter, Brian, Angie, and Alex sucked too :p

-Ian

PS I raced Angie in a black car, I hope that's me on the vid clip someone mentioned, it was my best run and it was pretty close!