The mkiv Supra Owners Club

email received about JAE 2006

Tom S

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that I'll be a JAE 'noob' this year... can someone give me a breakdown of the running order..

I'm assuming it's park up, tent up, start drinking, look around stuff....?

..but whats this about a convey? is it a Friday to Sunday night thing? and what happens? any races or anything?

..and whats this about having to take your tent down every day? our takes about an hour to put up....!! ;)

Being that I'll be a JAE 'noob' this year... can someone give me a breakdown of the running order..

I'm assuming it's park up, tent up, start drinking, look around stuff....?

..but whats this about a convey? is it a Friday to Sunday night thing? and what happens? any races or anything?

..and whats this about having to take your tent down every day? our takes about an hour to put up....!! ;)

Pretty much - yeah - show up friday, start drinking. stop drinking leave sunday. I think we'll be able to leave tents up like last time. The convoy is for those who turn up saturday/sunday morning i think. I REALLY reccomend you turn up friday!!!

We will start an official thread once we sorted out a few things, but as above if you want to be apart of the major social part then you need to turn up on Friday. If you want the thrill of the convoy then you need to turn up on Saturday or Sunday, with Sunday normally having the bigger convoy.

Depending on the site layout I hope to have the tents of the club stand as last year. They will have to be put where we say though, and you'll have to be prepared for an early (6am-7am) wake up call to get them down on Sunday morning. It has to be that early to allow time for people to actually wake up, get dressed, stumble out of their tents, have something to eat etc etc. And the last thing you want is your tent up when JB arrives with the convoy cause he'll not be a happy chap! :)

Friday it is then.... not sure about the getting the tent down before 7 o'clock?! that could be fun!! :whip:
I didn't say the tent had to be down, I said you have to be prepared to be woken up at that time so that you're ready to have the tent down in plenty of time before the convoy arrives.

And if last year is anything to go by, we'll also need an hour to clear up all the beer bottles and pizza boxes!

Did any "camper's" drive out saturday morning to meet up with the sunday convoy and drive in together. This seems the best option, although I also appreciate alcohol has a persuasive way of hindering early mornings

I have to admit this is the highlight for me...

From personla Experience the Friday to Sunday is best.

We try to ensure tents down on the Sunday, and it worked well. There was a few of us there all weekend and it worked really well.

I will hopefully involved again as my services were offered to O Lardy 1 last year and I hope we can be a success again.

Plenty of Keep warm things and beer tho !! :boxing: