2 Dam 2 Furious

Earthrokka

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well we're back. It was a scream. My car fell to bits but kept together just enough to make it back home. No major dramas (well just one but that turned out to be a false alarm didn't it Simon? :p)

It was a shame EarthRocker made us all wear these all weekend though.

p9140114.jpg

Fantastic weekend, all who didn't go missed out on an awesome time :)

It really was a non stop action weekend, with some amazing driving and fun locations on the way, as we made record time from start to finish (only hindered by the amount of time lost in various stops in cool places :))

Nice to meet those I hadn't met before, and we should have some awesome video footage from this trip, looking forward to seeing it :)

We'll definitely have to do it again :)

-p

WOW!! What a blast!! Great to see the guys not seen before and put names to faces. The convoying was superb. Excellent drive-bys and some great footage taken of high-speed action and a flame-throwing Rx-7.

Talk about having the luck of the devil, after all the hassle trying to get a hotel for weeks from here. We turn up in Amsterdam, and land ourselves a 5-star hotel!!

Amsterdam. Wonderful city, full of character(s) and drama(tisation) :-) lurvely bir...err, I mean people. We had their eyes out on stalks when we arrived especially at night with the dancing lights... Had a great night. Some visited the bars and mingled with the talent (no, not in the RLD :) whilst others did other things...Got back to the hotel at around 3.30.

Next day, had a quick lunch at mceedees, then enjoyed a sound-off between Earth and Si (Rub-a -dub vs. Drum and Bass). I wonder if any of the locals got served any food as most of the staff came out to watch and take photos...

Stopped off at Antwerp on the way back. Thanks to 'Green Reaper' we took the scenic route (only joking dude!) Beautiful city. Will visit again. Much easier to convoy - we sauntered through the town square receiving much acclaim - Funny watching people watching us, as first they see one, then two, then...they must get whiplash. Parked up, had a quick snack then onto Calais...

Always a good reception at Calais. Though there were less people about this time round, it being Sunday. Did a few 'carousels' at the roundabouts (you know, where the cars go round a couple times before peeling off at the exit - Looks great!). Went to the waterfront for a bit of a laff, photos, and another sound-off.

The journey home was fun, it was like a Supra party on the road - 4 abreast, then arrow-formation etc with some leary tunes being played.

Finally, massive respect to EarthRokka for sorting the trip oh and the small matter of dropping me home.

Rgds,

right guys - it's time for pictures (and lots of 'em), well aside from Si's lil adventure :) (yes si - we all heard about it :p ) ... LOL.

millhouse - i hear you are the devil in disguise ? you naughty boy you ! giving people treats they can't handle :innocent:

raoul - thanks for the blow-by-blow but need more details mate ..

come on the rest of you - dunk, pulse, ash ....... give up the stories already ..... :D :cool: ;)

You'd be surprised how many private tracks we went on with this trip.. through England, then each of the countries on the way to Amsterdam.. long stretches of private race track where 7 lumps of metal were screaming along at up to 150 to get to destinations on time.. We failed, in EVERY SINGLE case :) Missed the train on the way over (though that was Eurostar's fault for putting others on in our space, we JUST made it in time), missed the train on the way back (slow service in Antwerp for lunch - oh well).. instead we got to burn around Calais a bit and show the locals what some real machines look like.

Fortunately, we only saw a few 'pace cars' on our way through, and none of them hassled us so all in all result on that front :)

Everywhere we went, we got massive respect and people looking in awe at the machines that were passing them. 6 Supras and an RX7 overtaking at double the speed others were going (all legally of course - they were just really slow) were getting quite a few amazed reactions from fellow road users; Antwerp ground to a standstill as people came out from cafes and streets lined with people just stopped and stared in amazement; Calais was the best reaction we got though. Nowhere near the amount of people as Antwerp, but kids running down the street to where we parked to see the cars, others driving laps around where we'd parked just to get another look, and one phrase that was heard extensively in Amsterdam, Antwerp and Calais -

"SUPRA! SUPRA! YEAH SUPRA GOOD!" :D

I only really know one side of the stories as we were all split up in Amsterdam (those of us who made it out of the hotel) into 2 groups.. one group went cafe-wards til about 3am then headed back to the hotel for a nightcap, the others.. well, I hear Earthrokka scored himself quite a cute little Dutch boy... :)

Some people lasted the distance (myself, Millhouse and his mate that I can't remember the name of), some made it most of the way (Ash, poor fucker after having no sleep at all and Dunk + his mate made a pretty good show of it) and some.. well, some didn't even leave the building (Green and Ash's mate). :)

Was a bit of a mess trying to find hotels.. Let this be a lesson - never turn up on one of the busiest weekends in Amsterdam with no hotel booked! Fortunately we scored a decent 5 star hotel out near Schiphol airport, which was a ~30 quid taxi anywhere into Amsterdam. Split amongst a few, that's not so bad.

I swear, it was the only place in the whole damn country that had rooms available for 14 people, AND private car parking with security that check the video tapes, that was in reach of the city centre - our list of demands was extensive, I can't beleive we found somewhere that satisfied everyone (a bit on the expensive side, but a job well done all the same). Hell, it was the only place in the whole damn country with rooms available full stop - the fact it had the rest of our requirements was just an amazing coincidence.

Dr. Millhouse did his best at killing everybody shortly after our arrival, and managed to take us on a route to Antwerp that not only quadrupled the distance to get there, but had loads of cool tunnels too! :D Some unbeleivable sound through the tunnels we travelled, but nothing - and I mean NOTHING - compared to the noise that RX7 made! Flames spitting out the exhaust, roaring its head off - there's some awesome footage coming your way, I can assure you.

It really was a laugh-a-minute, non stop action ride from start to finish.. we were behind schedule from the moment we left Earth's place, but we still found plenty of time to see and do lots.

This was my first time in all of these places (except a very short, shit stay in Amsterdam previously), and my first time to such a meet.. and I'm going again.

The only way to really know what happened and how cool it was.. is to come along too. The rest of the stories are top secret :D

-p

Still smiling about the weekend :)

Could anybody who got video footage that is transferred onto PC send a CD of it all to me? I'd like to have a play with some of it too.. :)

Happy to pay for media and postage and whatnot.. would love to see all the footage though.

Please PM me :)

-p

Originally posted by pulse

Still smiling about the weekend :)

Could anybody who got video footage that is transferred onto PC send a CD of it all to me? I'd like to have a play with some of it too.. :)

Happy to pay for media and postage and whatnot.. would love to see all the footage though.

Please PM me :)

-p

yes i could

but when you transfer it to a pc the video takes 12GB for 1 hour of captured video

i have 50 mins of video

how many CDs you work it out

but i could change the format to AVI or Mpeg to make it smaller

Hmmm.. whichever you'd prefer is fine by me..

It's probably a bit more useful in mpeg format (I only have my laptop which has 40gb total, and about 10gb free but I can easily make space), but I'm happy with whatever you're happy to do to it :) As I say, if you can't be bothered compressing it all, then I'll just buy you a box of 25 CDs or something.. but it's probably easier to just compress it down to a gig or two :)

Cheers :D

-p

Well ME I'm still alive...heres my version of events:

In Summery...I had a wicked time..as did my brov...we have never laughed so much...Really good bunch of people..

Went through too many Red light areas , and through too many red lights in order to keep up, and killed too many stoned cyclists...ended up in Crowne Plaza...where I smoked something I thought was 'run of the mill' perfectly legal there...I think. and I'm not exactly new to it...but definately new to the strongest Skunk Ive ever smoked (there)

Really nice room in the Crowne Plaza...v expensive...when you consider that I spent the night on the bathroom floor...but Hmmm the less said bout that the better.

I had a nibble on a bagette at 12.00 other than that I hadn't eaton ...so not surprised really...but I wasn't the only victim..!!!!!

Rokka was on top form....Def up for the next one but will...hopefully buy my own stash first so I know exactly what I'm smoking plus will eat food as well...nobody's fault but mine really...I'm Man enough to admit that at least...and every one was really good to me about it...until they get back and go on the BBS that is.

:D

Can't wait for next one...soz no pics from me this time ...but can't wait to see everyone elses as they all worked real hard at getting good video and stills....

"Jurassic Park"

Originally posted by Roy

right guys - it's time for pictures (and lots of 'em), well aside from Si's lil adventure :) (yes si - we all heard about it :p ) ... LOL.

millhouse - i hear you are the devil in disguise ? you naughty boy you ! giving people treats they can't handle :innocent:

raoul - thanks for the blow-by-blow but need more details mate ..

come on the rest of you - dunk, pulse, ash ....... give up the stories already ..... :D :cool: ;)

What happens on the 'mile' stays on the 'mile'.:p

Rgds,