The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 27th July 2003, Billing, Northampton

Branners

Gutted i missed it, sounds like it was good. was planning to go today but couldnt make it in the cos i was out til 4am yest and just slept thru most of today.

Bobbeh il have to hook up with u some other time to check out the zorst, ur only in bedford aint ya? not too far away

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have to agree the parking was a little cozy. But it was good to put some faces to the members and at least the weather was nice on Sunday. Saturday night was a nightmare. Running drunk through the muddy puddles at 4am from your tent to the toilets is not fun!!!

What happened to the rims on the Fast & Furious Orange Supra?

Thanks Mcanny for the keyring.

Originally posted by u_ali

whos was the really loud car making popping sounds....I MEAN THE REALLY LOUD ONE.....??

which we could hear/feel from our area.

If you heard it about every 5 mins, it was some guy in a flip paint skyline. Badging showed it as a GTS, no plate J***PAN. He gave that car some hammering pretty much all day.

Nice to meet some of you at last. Looking forward to the next meet already.

Who managed to get out in less than an hour at the end?

Thanks to Paul E a group of about 5 of us got out in about 5 minutes, sneaked out the back door. Will remember that for next year.

Some great Supras there this year, seems the supra modifications are coming on nicely, so many different sets of wheels which all looked nice.

JB

Smashing day out. Really glad I dragged myself along (its the first "proper" meet I've been to apart from RWYB at Pod a few months ago.

Like many have said above, its great to be able to put faces to avatars. If I had a pound for everyone who said "oh, you're the guy with the three-spokes"... :D

Really lucked out with the weather too. I was wondering if it would turn into an automotive Glastonbury, but in the end it was bright enough to catch a few rays, but not quite enough to burn you to a crisp.

Cheers to Ian for lending me some cleaning gear when I arrived (I'll be more organised next year). After getting up at 05:30 I was a bit punch-drunk by the time I arrived so a big apology to Gordon for the very surreal conversation I had with him. Of course I knew all along that your car is storm blue and you come from Beccles. I have met you three of four times before after all! :D I don't think my brain engaged properly until I got a cheeseburger down my neck...

Hi guys

A Top weekend, Did not manage to meet you all, as I moved my car to a tuning stand and completly the otherside of the show. Left a 2pm as had to be back for the little one.

Top weekend and we did not let the rain spoil the day.

Boostie

Thanks to Paul E a group of about 5 of us got out in about 5 minutes, sneaked out the back door. Will remember that for next year.

Paul does seem to be pretty good with 'back doors' which is a bit of a worry.

John:flame Dev

Originally posted by Darren Blake

By the way, did anyone apart from Ian and I follow the "Quck exit all routes" sign on the way out?

I think I got to see the whole of the site...

After sitting in a queue for over an hour, watching all the cars parked on the grass being let out at the front of the queue, I decided to see how well the MKIV would cope off road. I managed to get onto one of the roads among static vans/holiday homes. We quickly found a quick exit and got out. I thought the marshalling was dire, it was just a free for all.:angry:

"Like many have said above, its great to be able to put faces to avatars. If I had a pound for everyone who said "oh, you're the guy with the three-spokes"... "

Not me Darren, when you introduced yourself, you pointed at your wheels;)

Great to see so many new face and meet so old acquaintances.

Originally posted by Darren Blake

By the way, did anyone apart from Ian and I follow the "Quck exit all routes" sign on the way out?

I think I got to see the whole of the site...

Darren, i spoke to the site security while people were queuing to get out.I memorised his map for the exit which puts you out of the gate and onto the A45.

Had some wierd looks for the campers!Paul Y3k and myself,got out in under 5 mins without stopping!

Nice to spend a bit of time with you Darren,see you again.Al.

Was a good day out; weather was surprisingly kind. Parking, as has been said, was a nightmare! Was a bit distressed to get boxed in right in the centre, as I had to get home urgently by mid-afternoon, but luckily I managed to persuade a couple of Celica owners to create a way out for me, with about 2mm to spare either side! They were really nice guys, don't suppose they'll get to see this, but thanks again guys! :thumbs:

Oh and apologies to the lady sat on a camp chair directly behind my exhaust when I started her up to leave! I've never seen anyone leap from a chair so fast (or maybe she was blown!) :eek: :D

I had my spec sheet on display and was surprised how many people stopped and took time to read it. Definitely a good idea for next time, shame more people didn't stick one up.

Who's was the rather spiffing purple veilside kitted beast with spidepods replacing the rear side windows? Certainly novel!

Shame I didn't have more time to meet more of you guys. Some *really* nice cars on display. Many thanks for the keyring Michael - looks the biz!

:looney:

Guest Terry S

Top day guys, only really let down by the parking.

Hope no one was distressed by the noise of my car.

Well done Paul E/ JB for finding the quick way out.

Can we get a Club Barbie next Year? ( BBQ Dude not a girl).

We really need some MKIV Supra Girls walking around next year

Originally posted by Terry S

We really need some MKIV Supra Girls walking around next year

Well we had the girls, are you blind? ;)

Thanks and hello to everyone I met, cracking day

Terry

Paul E

Darrell P

Rav

Micheal Canny

Bobbeh

Mark Kindell

Phil (Terminator)

Matt H

Ibrar

AJI

Mark A

+ plenty others!

And all the support from:

Michel

Kev

Paul

Sofie

Nadine

Gaz.

Guest Terry S

Yeah Gaz your Envy girls were very nice, far too good for you lot.

Best of luck with the Envy project mate, hope it works out for you guys.

Originally posted by Mark Ayling

I wondered what they were up to - looked on their site and they were giving out awards, see here:

Some of them awards are class:

* Best 'Go' Celica (for performance work)

Honorable Mentions: Most of the GT4 boys, Simmo, Gen7_STS

Winner: CelicaUK (Simon)

* Best 'Show' Celica (for looks and aesthetics)

Honorable Mentions: Guam, Mikee, Stephen G, Eliet

Winner: Perry

* Best 'ICE' Celica (for audio/ICE installation)

Honorable Mentions: Perry, MikeCelica, Njay, Guam, StephenG, SteveM

Winner: Rudeboy (Adam)

* Best Gen 7

Honorable Mentions: Guam, StephenG, Mikee, CelicaUK

Winner: Perry

* Best Gen 6

Honorable Mentions: cc4nt, St202, Simmo, GT4bob, JonboyGB, Eliet

Winner: Sez

* Best Gen 5

Honorable Mentions: Jimmenico, Frodo, Klaus, Cainey

Winner: CarlB

* Best other Gen (1-4)

Honorable Mentions: Bedlam (Gen4 GT4)

Winner: GaryGen1

* Shiniest/cleanest Celica (at least 6 months old!)

Honorable Mentions: Bubba, Njay, CraigR, JonboyGB

Winner: Johny

* Best forum avatar (!)

Honorable Mentions: BillD, Jame

Winner: Frodo (Paul)

* Post-whore award

Honorable Mentions: CraigR, Jag

Winner: Auto-Boy (Adam)

* Most helpful member

Honorable Mentions: Perry, Shutty, CelicaUK, StephenG

Winner: Uncle Bob

Quotes:

"Useful info flows with this lovely chap!"

"He's helpful"

* Most committed member (going to the most meets, flyering, etc)

Honorable Mentions: Marky Auto-boy StephenG Jag Perry

Winner: Bubba (Mark)

Quotes:

Mark is sometimes TOO dedicated

The Santa hat at the Crimbo meet says it all

* Should-be-committed member (the most bonkers)

Honorable Mentions: StephenG, Perry, Ryancelica

Winner: Auto-boy (Adam)

Quotes:

Enough said

Obvious

Do we really need to explain why

Who else could it be

Goose

* Services to breaker's yards award (for writing off /damaging their pride and joy, or at least writing off someone else's)

Honorable Mentions: MFS Raz128 StephenG CraigR Cainey Rayve Autoboy

Winner: Mook

Quote:

For causing international carnage. Everyone else has limited it to this country.

* Services to local police funding award (for the most entertaining yet un-condonable speeding and road offences)

Honorable Mentions: Jerry, Perry, StephenG, Vron

Winner: Magma (Simon)

Quote:

"The highest penalty acheived by a member thus far. Well Done."

"100mph+ trying to catch someone behind him"

"I'm voting for myself... caught at 109mph 42 day ban and £455 to pay in fines and costs. Just learnt to respell my name R.E.T.A.R.D"

* The embaressing cock-up award (for general idiocy; not being able to read a map, fitting a spoiler on upside down, locking themselves out, etc etc)

Honorable Mentions:

Celicauk

Deleted himself and all his posts... whooops!

Wangs

Smashed a rear light cluster... by reversing over it

StephenG

Sets fire to his car by fitting the suspension too close to his battery. d'oh!

Bubba

Couldn't find the sea... on Brighton seafront

Winner:

Jag (who sent a convoy the wrong way BIG-style, and nobody will let him forget it)

Quotes:

"This one's made for Jag, isn't it"

"The Mapmaster "

* Club member's best Celica

:D

Gaz.

Great day out and great weather as my tanned face proves.

The convoy up was fun as being on the M1 and only being able to see Supras was great an the look on the driver of other car as we came past was great. The car park at the Northhampton services was something to see as it was early all Supras. There must be loads of pics of that as the scooby behind me at one point had the passenger pointing the camera all over the place

The convoy was broken up after leaving the service station but that was because of the traffic light's on the Junction.

When i arrived i was sheeparded onto the grass by the lake, so left the car there to start with then went back and got it later. Though i did catch the exhaust as i left the carpark ... and my car isn't lowered.

Loads of nice car's around though that Veilside 350Z was a deserving winner. Does any one know what got 2nd prize as i didn't see it?

Lust2luv i've got a couple of pics of your exit through the Celica and the isn't much air between you and the cars around.

Though i talked to a few people, dought i'll remember names come the next meet so really need to pay more attention when introduced

Spoke to some of the GTIR owners next to us (last car was a GTIR so i knew some of them) as wanted to find the Guy who we past in convoy on the way up. Found him in the end as he was talking about getting "mobbed" by supras on the way up:D , said it was very impressive sight seeing nothing but supra spoliers in front.

The one way system was a bit of a joke on leaving but it gave me enough time to read that free mag that was handed out while i waited. Those who went out the "quick route" have any kids say "wheel spin, wheel spin"? or was it just me?

Originally posted by Terry S

No just kids giving High Fives:D

lol ;)

I felt kinda special since I had the only Lexus GS300 Sport there. That could be either good or bad though ;)

Also, did anyone notice how there was no police anywhere in billing the entire weekend - I never saw one until we got onto the M1, very good I thought, think they were relying on people not to prat about from previous events.

I think 2nd place went to that mad 4x4 400bhp new Fensport Toyota Corolla 5dr!

Gaz.

Guest Terry S

I think you won a prize if you revved the cods off you car in the car park. I can't think of any other reason for doing it:innocent: TWATS

you obviously weren't looking very hard for 'supra birds' terry- i was there all weekend in my little number polishing my supra with pride behind mark's supra:( and angie was there sunday.. we didnt let the side down...im upset now.

hi to mark/mick and 'the mind of pointless information '(he,he-u know who u are) mark and i spent sunday in a sorry state following a great evening with these guys...never giggled so much in my life.

nice to meet angie at last as well...look forward to doing the quarter mile with you (promise i wont use the nos;)) and must definatly go for a drink at the next meet we both go to:D

had a great time, it was my first billing meet and definatly not my last..i normally let mark go alone thinking that it is nothing but walking around looking at cars all weekend..now i know different there are some great people and great laughs to be had by going and intend to go again.:D

Well I was supposed to be going both days, but then could only make the Sunday. However when Sunday arrived I was unfortunately throwing up for most of it. Nice.

Appologies to all my legions of fans who I know were obviously only attending Billing to see me. Unless there are any other chundering incidents next sunday I will be at TOTB2 and available for autograph signings.

Sounds like a missed a good one :(