The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 27th July 2003, Billing, Northampton

Branners

I found it a great day out, fantastic arrangement of cars. Never seen so many GTR's, RX7's, 300ZX's and of course Supras in all my life!

The meet up at 15a was cool..... about 25+ Supras waiting until set off time then all of a sudden we hear growling and back popping from behind the trees then another 25+ Supras came roaring in!

The local plod parked up at the other side of the car park must have felt a bit scared being one police car versus 50+ modified Supras! (+ R32 Skyline that fitted in quite nicely to our 'gathering').

Convoy into Billing was great...... seeing so many Supras in a single line along a dual carriageway was definately something to remember. I got my bro to take some video footage so I'll get it uploaded a.s.a.p.

Good to meet some of you guys, dude with 1999 Black Supra (sorry forgot your name), very cool Supra indeed, looked absolutely mint. Kawasaki blue Supras look the business too.

I asked one of you guys at the start of the day which one was Branners and as I spoke a rather big boned (can I say that?) chappie walked past with 'Branners' in big letters on his t-shirt , and I said 'is that him?' doh!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not big boned, Im fat...oh no wait thats the wrong way round. bugger.

I find the t-shirt helps a little at these events. My main problem is remembering all the people I meet.

The bloke taking the group photo was from midnite-uk, JimGill on this BBS is the editor for that mag so Im sure he can let us have the group photo picture. I think next year I will arrange for everybody to be there for the group photo as its a good idea.

Star cars of the show for me were Darryls silver car with overfenders, foodfreaks blue with overfenders and Mark Ks silver with those little pipes sticking out of the bonnet (did you demo what they are for?), but just to see that many Supras jammed in to the parking space was great.

Are people saying the convoy from j15a to Billing broke up? I was sitting at 50mph most of the way, not sure I could have gone any slower. I know the convoy from J6 got a bit broken up, but thought the one in to Billing stayed together?

JB

Guest Robertio

Hi All :)

A most impressive display of Supras at JAE, probably too many on Sunday as they were parked so close together it wasn't really possible to walk around them, time for a larger area next year :cool:

I'm assuming it was someone on here that was travelling back up the M6 with a video camera on Sunday evening? I was heading back up to Scotland in my red RX-7 with a mate in his flip'd FTO at a very sedate pace (car has a fondness for petrol I can't really afford :eek: ) and we were joined for half an hour by a nice Supra around the Lancashire border (around 6pm I'd guess). So thought I'd pop over and say hi :)

The very noisy Skybus was with us at the SS-R display as well, it does get a bit tiring after the first few times but it keeps Marc happy and always seems to be encouraged by the crowds. Personally I spent a lot of time with mates at the RX-7 displays to escape from it :conf:

May see some of you at TOTB next weekend :D

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by DONNA

you obviously weren't looking very hard for 'supra birds' terry- i was there all weekend in my little number polishing my supra with pride behind mark's supra:( and angie was there sunday.. we didnt let the side down...im upset now.

hi to mark/mick and 'the mind of pointless information '(he,he-u know who u are) mark and i spent sunday in a sorry state following a great evening with these guys...never giggled so much in my life.

nice to meet angie at last as well...look forward to doing the quarter mile with you (promise i wont use the nos;)) and must definatly go for a drink at the next meet we both go to:D

had a great time, it was my first billing meet and definatly not my last..i normally let mark go alone thinking that it is nothing but walking around looking at cars all weekend..now i know different there are some great people and great laughs to be had by going and intend to go again.:D

Damn I missed that. Sorry. I look forward to seeing you with hardly anything on in the future;)

Hi

had a great weekend

talked to alot of people. Got some ideas of what to do next with my supe

I liked Mark Kindells supra, especialy those wheels:D

your going to have to change your avatar now you,ve got the carbon fibre bonnet.

cheers all see ya next year if not before.

Originally posted by suprarob

Hi

had a great weekend

talked to alot of people. Got some ideas of what to do next with my supe

I liked Mark Kindells supra, especialy those wheels:D

your going to have to change your avatar now you,ve got the carbon fibre bonnet.

cheers all see ya next year if not before.

Already working on a new avatar with animated nos purge from the bonnet lol :D :p

Originally posted by Branners

Are people saying the convoy from j15a to Billing broke up? I was sitting at 50mph most of the way, not sure I could have gone any slower. I know the convoy from J6 got a bit broken up, but thought the one in to Billing stayed together?

JB

Yeah, it fractured leaving the motorway at the lights. Took at least 3 cycles to get everyone thru, so even at 50mph we were probably about 1.5 miles behind and after that there was so much traffic that even judicious use of the loud pedal and some sneaky undertaking couldn't catch us back up. It kinda got back together coming up off that A road. Hard to see what more could have been done to keep it together (short of forming a quick roadblock and running the red lights!)

:looney:

Good to see you all, met three new peeps who wanted to join, lots of fun on the way up and down. Angie, how big has that plastic nob gotta be? ...... for the gear lever people... shuks.

Not enough trade, or discounts! Missed 150,000 people attending WSB at Brands for this show, the trade and discounts for bike stuff is superb - a long way to go for this show, as shows go.

Good to see so many SUP's.;)

Thanks Branners.

PS: Gear lever is reduced to club members at £80. Havent got a pic so... Angie?

neon’s and daylight - maybe one day technology will allow a'?;)

ps: ficken spent four hour cleaning that bugger, first with auto red then gold... the heavens open, then again, then on the way up.... how did you all manage such clean motors!

preparation prevents piss poor presentation a'!;)

PS? Jason m8 > who were u!!!! lol soz

jason... you need only mention your wife... lol the cute and attractive blonde right! :flame Dev

Need to chat with someone re leather refirb..... :cool:

Shame I missed you m8, superb car, don't think that it would fair against my 4000 miles a month for work.. I must be the only guy in the UK who does that to a SUP! :twak:

Speak soon yeah > oh, and say hi to your wife who was very helpful..... cheers;)

;) :p :sex:

I've got the number of the leather guy at home, i will dig it out at send you the number. His work is second to none, it took him 3 weeks to fit all 7 hides in there.

I'll tell my wife what you said, she'll be highly embarressed.

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

Good to see you all, met three new peeps who wanted to join, lots of fun on the way up and down. Angie, how big has that plastic nob gotta be? ...... for the gear lever people... shuks.

Gear lever is reduced to club members at £80. Havent got a pic so... Angie?

hi there, you need to modify a plastic tube to half an inch to fit ref the gear knob...any probs mark kindell (other half) can help he had the first one...got it last year at billing...there has been a picture of 'marks knob' :D on the forum when first fitted. the gear lever is not actually reduced to club members to £80 i told the guy that sold you yours sunday (and angies) that mark got his for £80 which was a little white lie to get us some discount....but it worked:D

Originally posted by Mid'lifecry'sis

yep, I know you pulled a fast one - and many thanks for doing so!!!!!!!! but when I called him he wanted 95 for further orders. got him to agree to 80 for all......;)

Good to meet you....

PS: What did hubby mean by " OH YOU ARE Midlife!?"

that good...im sure there will be others that buy them to..did you go for the darker grey one?that was nice...the funniest bit was see'ing you and angies partner run to the stand he,he:D

as for mark not sure what he meant..but if im right you have a similar sense of humour to mark and make him chuckle with your comments on the forum sometimes????:eek: im sure when he gets home later he shall be reading this so i will let him explain...i know nothing he, he:music:

It's going to look fantastic when its on... mmmm, racing Bri to the item was funny, he's an ex SAS hard man with rocks for bollocks so despite my 16 stone, 6'2 appearance FOR SOME REASON ... he beat me 2 it!!!! LOL, I think free falling from 80,000 feet, opening chute at 200 ft and taking out the RAZO team was a little much but each to there own a'...

We both went for the MATT finish...cool... and cheap thanks to your charm, wit and very unaffordable good looks I'm sure!;)

;)