The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JAE 27th July 2003, Billing, Northampton

Branners

Saturday was awful thanks to the weather. I saw a few Supes drive passed.. may have been you John.

I think the weather put many people off from turning up. The area we had was desserted and I think that put people off from wanting to move in and instead just wait for Sunday which was a much better day.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked the plans and the organiers royally fked up.

If you look at the attached file you can see D12 should have been up to the trees (the trees the Celica club were under) and the Celica club should have been on the other side of the trees where the mkiiis were. We should also have had the full run along the back where the Eclipse was parked and where we had to overflow some people to. Organisers said 'it was raining when we setup so the map was in the van, we did find a big space down the middle which surprised us'.

Still a great event, the future of which is in doubt again and they are considering everything from charging £1.50 per car up to £5 per car, getting proper marshalls, getting an events company to run it. So lord knows what it will be like next year.

Good to meet people today, I counted over 110 Supras scattered wildly in and around our area. We had 54 Supras in our reduced plot...

JB

jae.jpg

Shame about that plot, I was lucky (with a few others down saturday) to get some decent spots. God knows what it would have been like if sundays weather was like saturdays!

Nice meeting all the peeps I spoke too etc, see you all at the next meet no doubt. :thumbs:

Firstly, a big thankyou to Branners for organising :) .Had a great day, shame i missed the convoy into Billing.......... i took a 'little' detour north on the M1 up to 17:( .Managed to catch up in the park though :innocent: (shortcut across the mud).I've honestly never seen so many Supras together:cool:, took a few pics that will be filtered onto the BB no doubt.

Great to put faces to names.

Brain Duff & Angie (again)

Mark Kindell & Donna (again)

Paul E (again:) )

Darren Blake

Ian C (mad!)

Paul Y3K (:( ....putting up with my directions)

Terminator (busy remapping)

Dude

Mcanny(thanks for the keyring)

Roboldham (TV celeb):p

Branners....(thanks for the mag)

Lust2luv (again)

Plus lots of others that escape my short memory.

After Saturdays rain,we had the weather on our side,which was a bonus.Shame the parking was messed up as we had a massive turnout.

Who was the guy doing the group shoot? Is it for a mag or for us to buy?I might of just about got in it.............as i was at the front,:innocent: Al.

Yeah, great fun. The festivities on Saturday night were slightly dampened by the fact it pissed down for five hours straight, I still got hopelessly drunk though - and I was nice and warm because I was sitting in half a 200SX which was on fire at the time :D

You would have had loads of space if you'd arrived on Friday . . . . ;)

Adam! I saw you chatting to Terry today, but saw no one saturday, some guy who'd parked up with a Scooby next to the Supra area said you lot had all gone off down to a pub? :conf:

Where was your car parked?

I saw that 200SX too.. very funny :D

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Adam! I saw you chatting to Terry today, but saw no one saturday, some guy who'd parked up with a Scooby next to the Supra area said you lot had all gone off down to a pub? :conf:

Where was your car parked?

I saw that 200SX too.. very funny :D

I saw Andy a couple of times but never caught up with you, I wanted a demo of your new exhaust! I got drunk on Saturday and got lured away by a strange man, then found lots of other strange men in the 200SX gazebo so I nicked six of their burgers and a bottle of their vodka :D :looney:

We had about 20 Mk3's parked up on the other side of the trees from you guys, sorta downhill from your overflow parking.

Guest Usmann A

Great day out again....shame we missed the convoy, bt only decided to come midnight saturday.:eek:

Met Dude...cheers mate, was baffled by you trying to get technical...;) :p ......you know your stuff mate.:thumbs:

Also met Mr. Flynn again...nice meeting you Gordon...:thumbs:

Briefly met Terry at the petrol station...

Bobbeh you sly fecker...you didnt say you got some blitz wheels...I was looking out for ya..??

Raoul....nice meeting you again..safe!

Andy...were the hell were you??

Mark..nice result..whos was the other supra with a big wing on petes dyno??

Andy W.....where were was you hiding...??

Termie...saw your car...but only saw a lady sitting init..shame I missed you.

Nice meeting new people.....and hope to see you lot in the future.

Had an idea of starting a kebab stall at billing, as the waiting for food was silly.....anybody fancy some kebab rolls next year??

:innocent: :D

I anybody didnt notice me, I was the asian lad with the blue toyota cap....

Hi everyone,

we all had a great day, convoy was.........interesting!!!

glad to put faces to names at last,

geeza, there's nothing wrong with RED!!:D

really nice cars, shame about the space, I feel we were let down by the organisers. having the cars crammed in didn't show the club off very well.:(

hope you all a great day

John

Us.. I didnt see you roll up when I saw the bulk of the Supras join us.. didnt think you were there m8.

RE: wheels, yeah got them last month off B3any.. thy're real bastards to keep clean but I like em. :)

Andy was parked up with the Mazda Rotary Club (middle of the two fields).

I would have liked to spend a bit longer around the Supra area... but I was out and about visiting the different clubs etc :) plus I brought a m8 from the U.S. along so I sorta spent a lot of time with him showing him all the cars etc.

Food, really liked your car.. looked lovely with those wide arches :)

what a great day!

Lots of very nice cars

Really nice meeting new and old faces again. Us Girls finally got to meet, well me and Donna anyway. Were you there Faye? We tried to find you.

:cool: weather was excellent, too hot for jeans and a black T-shirt, I'll know next time!

Nice also to meet Paul and Kelly with my old Aero-top. They have kept her in pristine condition :D, nice to know he's still pleased with her.

Big thanks to Donna and Mark for getting us a great deal on a auto gear lever, I owe you one.:thumbs:

nice to see such a good turn out and meet so many old and new faces...to many to list but you know who you are:D

shame about the weather saturday night....although by the end of the night donna, the lads and i were so drunk nobody cared about the rain because we were having such a good laugh. i apologise now to those that saw me sunday..if i wasnt quite with it..im still suffering now:burp: :upside:

anyway good to see so many sup's in one place and look forward to seeing everyones pic's (i didnt take any as i couldnt keep the camera still) and the guy doing the group pic was from the new magazine called 'midnight uk' out soon, think he is in touch with branners (who can confirm?) and send copies of pic.

well off to bed now:blink:

Guest Usmann A

whos was the really loud car making popping sounds....I MEAN THE REALLY LOUD ONE.....??

which we could hear/feel from our area.

The yellow one had no engine in. The SX boys reckoned the chap had a Rolls Royve V12 quad-turbo to drop in there, may have been th beer talking but with the GTR lot who can say? The Fensport GT4 thingy was showing off the antilag Saturday, and there was a blue scooby doing the same on the Sunday. BANGBANGBANG :D

Originally posted by u_ali

I personally reacon the car of the show should have been the Veilsidse 350Z....ummmmm:p

It did win I think. It was defo a 350Z that won anyway. Great day anyway, and cheers to lovatt for sorting me out some sandpaper & stuff to sort out my headlight. I haven't got up that early on a Sunday in living memory...