The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA-T Nos Monster Build/Progress Thread

Suprakeith

Right this morning was up early at mates garage to fit my new Tomei titanium exhaust system, ready for sunday japfest. 

We didn't mess about getting old Veilside exhaust off, and then was straight forward process fitting new exhaust. 

Took plenty pictures and also couple video's.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Tip 1.jpg

Tip 2.jpg

7 hours ago, Noz said:

I'm usually against titanium exhausts and didn't expect to comment.

But considering I actually really love that sound, massively surprised mate. Admittedly it's a video but sounds awesome mate.

Cheers mate, I really love the way she sounds now.

5 hours ago, Mike2JZ said:

Its very loud!

Oh yes very loud just what i was after, haven't tried the silencer's let lol.

Well today didn't go to plan, was meant to be going Japfest but when started car and went to pull away i noticed rear lights weren't working, so got misses to check and had no rear lights at all including brake lights, also my sidelights weren't working which thought was very strange, so tried few fuses but with no luck so was totally gutted and disappointed was going to have to miss Japfest. 

Was really scratching my head trying to figure out issue, was wondering if the circuits could be connected, did some digging and thought may be Lamp sensor module, i pulled boot plastics of as as have few spares tried 3 different modules with no joy. pushed car out onto drive to give me room to check drivers side fuse box better and i found the taillight fuse had blown and also the taillight relay wasn't working so replaced for new fuse and spare relay and bingo bongo rear lights and brakes lights all working again, just shame didn't fix sooner as was too late for japfest, also checked sidelights and one was working but passenger side wasn't so had look and have blown sidelight bulb, unfortunately didn't have spare bulb. Not sure if bulb had blown and caused the fuse to go or if was just coincidence. Just super pleased got rear lights working as should.

Was still quite gutted about missing show so decided to go out for drive and just enjoy the car with new exhaust on, which have to say giving her some sweet boost on few lovely roads has cheered me up loads and day wasn't total loss. 

• Like 2

Shame couldn’t join us bud, was a great event and packed. I did recall you had posted you were coming, was looking forward to seeing the car in flesh. Looks lovely with front bumper all sorted, I’m biased to the bomax as I have it but does look clean with the riddox.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wattwatt said:

Shame couldn’t join us bud, was a great event and packed. I did recall you had posted you were coming, was looking forward to seeing the car in flesh. Looks lovely with front bumper all sorted, I’m biased to the bomax as I have it but does look clean with the riddox.

Was so annoyed and disappointed missed sunday after all the hard work week before to get her ready and something so little ruined it, so looking forward to the show with club and will def do more shows with club, i do love the clean Ridox lines but still do love the Bomex i think its one of the best bumpers.

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Little update nothing too exciting, i had a spare set of rear jspec calipers and got mate at Griffin's Automotive do full refurb on, i supplied the kit from Toyota and he charged £144 which I thought was fair price, had them sitting in box for few weeks but this morning decided to fit them as had sold calipers on car.

Went nice and easy as thought would, does feel nice having fresh calipers on rear.

This week i am going to order Link CAN OLED gauge for car, main reason is cause still don't have working rev counter from when car was mapped, we have tried few things with no luck, so decided to go this route and can fit in one of vents with gauge pod, at least then will be able to drive car properly as at moment I haven't clue what revs at when changing gears and giving her some. I know its not ideal but with MGT now closed feel its best option plus will get to see all what the ECU see's and can keep eye on engine better.

Few pictures of refurbed calipers and them fitted.

Brake 1.jpg

Brake 2.jpg

Brake 3.jpg

Brake 4.jpg

Brake 5.jpg

Brake 6.jpg

Brake 7.jpg

Brake 8.jpg

Brake 9.jpg

Brake 10.jpg

Brake 11.jpg

Brake 12.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know not car related but yesterday decided to sort and fit new shelves in garage, still need few more bits to get garage how want. I also do plan on getting floor tiles at some point. Got few jobs to get on with car need to sort wiring as passenger facelift sidelight isn't working plus have made some bonnet lifters to get carbon bonnet level with front wings so can finally look at getting bonnet pins fitted, hopefully have these jobs done next few weeks.

G1.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

G7.jpg

That's a lovely size single garage. Very jealous. I have to twist my body in to unholy shapes to get in and out of my car even if the other side is practically touching the wall.

Car isn't too bad either 😉 I like the sound of that tomei. I wonder how it would compare volume wise to my whifbitz 4in.

8 hours ago, mharvey said:

That's a lovely size single garage. Very jealous. I have to twist my body in to unholy shapes to get in and out of my car even if the other side is practically touching the wall.

Car isn't too bad either 😉 I like the sound of that tomei. I wonder how it would compare volume wise to my whifbitz 4in.

Cheers bud, i know what you mean about twisting to get into car, my old garage was tiny had to push car out so could get into car lol,

She's not to bad😆. I love the sound of the Tomei exhaust and would be intresting to hear it against the Whifbitz 4in, i know the Tomei is louder than the HKS 4in as mate has one of them on his TT. 

• 2 weeks later...

Little update, Have managed to fix facelift sidelight was simple rewire so that was bonus, also the 2nd hand rear hockey sticks turned up today, been looking for pair for while so can fit carbon rear diffuser, didn't want to buy new as wont be seen and only there to drill holes in for diffuser fitting, but lucky Paul Whiffin had 2nd hand pair. Have also made some brackets out 3mm sheet from work, so hopefully next few weeks get diffuser on.

Haven't sorted bonnet yet as need longer bonnet hinge bolts but have improved the alignment with few adjustments, want to get in 100% perfect before drill into carbon bonnet for the pins.

13f400b4-3ca5-4610-9ae3-ffd835df8398.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5836.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5837.jpg

Edited by Suprakeith (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well picked up carbon rear diffuser from Alex (Inazone) last week, meant to be going local car show Sunday depending on weather. If not will get hockey sticks on car and brackets ready to fit diffuser. Lucky for me this came off Alex's car so all the holes are drilled for me. Also while sorting garage bits found my old Pioneer P6400R Dolphin headunit and it works fine so going to try get that fitted soon bit of 90s nostalgia to match the car😎

Also some pictures of car sitting in garage cause love how she looks in there, going to get some foam pads for garage wall just to protect doors just incase 

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

D4.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5853.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5854.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5855.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5891.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, supradanturbo said:

I like the nitrous set up in the boot. Very smart. 
thinking about putting mine there. Or alternatively, where the passenger front seat is, 

as I will only have the bottle in place when at the track. So no need for a seat. 

Thank You very much. I may in future when get cage move Nos bottle to back seat location as they wont be there anymore.

I like idea of where passenger is for the track, easy to open the bottle when need

2 minutes ago, SupraAyf said:

What a cracking setup there Keith.

I'm not sure what I like best though; the car of the garage, lol.

Either way it looks the business.

Thank you so much, its a tough choice for sure which one is better lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SupraAyf said:

I think we're all that stage now where our cars deserve a nice garage but you've really nailed it there. Very jealous.

So true, these cars def deserve a nice garage to sit and rest in, cheers 😁 next of garage list is rubber tile flooring.

This week I've been doing a spreadsheet of all my modifications for insurance and agreed valuation, but couldn't do the pictures as had a nasty hole where headunit goes in dash, today decided to dig out my old Pioneer headunit from the 90s and am shocked and amazed that it still works, took me couple hours to get everything neat and tidy but was so impressed when it fired up and so good to have some tunes in car again. this headunit looks the business for nearly 30years old. 

All want to do now is run a USB port into cigarette lighter location, so can change phone from while driving. also need to find nice phone holder to sit on dash aswell.

Dash 1.jpg

Dash 2.jpg

Dash 3.jpg

Dash 4.jpg

Edited by Suprakeith
missed bits (see edit history)