The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra, New to the forum

LSXAndrew

Hello!

I'm in the US, but just imported a 1995 RZ-S from Japan.
I've been in love with the Supra for a long time, and always wanted one growing up. Finally pulled the trigger and it seems like I got a good one.

Looking for some JDM Supra specific information and upgrade path advice, as it seems like this forum has a bit more involvement with the JDM cars!

Excited to browse around and learn.

1995 RZ-S, V160, ~70,000km

PXL_20230326_160007882_MP.thumb.jpg.1f8b7b36e9a696916a64109a098c9cac.jpg

PXL_20230129_181510413_MP.thumb.jpg.53c7b8b6ad3dd3fa868576a5d4cd31e7.jpg

PXL_20230211_224828889.MP_2.thumb.jpg.6aea6ebc2dcddaf2c04b6cb14f37f735.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the club and congratulations on the purchase.

Most UK cars are JDM models.  The UK Spec is quite rare.  Much like in the US, sales were very low back in the day.

I'd personally keep it relatively stock, maybe BPU, and then just spend the rest of my time/money refurbishing / replacing the ageing parts.

On 4/1/2023 at 8:42 AM, mwilkinson said:

Welcome to the club and congratulations on the purchase.

Most UK cars are JDM models.  The UK Spec is quite rare.  Much like in the US, sales were very low back in the day.

I'd personally keep it relatively stock, maybe BPU, and then just spend the rest of my time/money refurbishing / replacing the ageing parts.

BPU ++++ 😀

• Haha 1

Thank you, thank you! Still soaking it all in.

I have a set of 17" OEM wheels on the way, and I'll work on upgrading brakes, paint correction, and a few things after that! Still enjoying the completely stock car though, it has some decent pull for a stock 1995 car. 😀

On 4/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, Annabella said:

Welcome, looks brill. Let us know which of the two cars you prefer after driving the Supra for a while......

I'll have to weigh back in later, for sure.

It isn't a fair comparison right now, the Corvette is a cammed Z06 making ~600whp naturally aspirated and weighs 3,200lbs or less.