The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk spec supra.. the silver one with 26k miles now up for sale on car and classic

jongilly

£60k price its a bit unrealistic at the moment but it may be realistic in 2-3 years time if person or company who put it up for sale are ok for frezzing the money for that amount of time i would call it a good buissnes. 2 years ago nobody will pay £15k for a TT auto today the coś around £30k🤷‍♂️

It just takes enough to believe that's now the price and then a few to pay it. It almost doesn't matter if the price you think/know you can sell it for some time later will be the same or more. A bit like all the time we used to own/buy/sell 5-13K Supra's and NSX's were always £25-35K and never seemed to come down to next to no money like the Supras did.

The car needed work as it had quite a crusty underside and it was bought by a dealer. So if they put the work in restoring it which is going to be a good few grand even without their labour costs, then it might be worth something near that price.

On 3/22/2022 at 9:16 PM, Swampy442 said:

The real problem is the backlash from this. Everyone will see it, their car is now worth 3 times its actual value, nothing sells, market crashes, everyone loses.

This is whats happening with all the JDM car prices bubble, thats shit for all of us, the prices of discontinued parts are completely out of the world, but the people are happy with their rusty but worthy cars 🙂

That's right, unfortunately it is, join me in this opinion and I have been buying some parts as a reserve for some time now, certain rubber hoses and such
some time ago there was talk that Toyota was going to restart production of some parts for the MK 4 due to the high demand for them, but at the moment I don't have any new information on that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dieter said:

That's right, unfortunately it is, join me in this opinion and I have been buying some parts as a reserve for some time now, certain rubber hoses and such
some time ago there was talk that Toyota was going to restart production of some parts for the MK 4 due to the high demand for them, but at the moment I don't have any new information on that.

The actual status of Toyota Heritage parts its a joke for JZA80.

Check this https://toyotagazooracing.com/gr/heritage/

2 hours ago, Krimi said:

, the prices of discontinued parts are completely out of the world,

This could be easily solved though, by members not ripping off other members. Lots of people have parts stashed away, helping people out with the price would go a long way

• Like 2

Also yesterday a friend of mine send me a picture of ebay germany, some guys posted at the same Supras a 150k€ simultaneously hahaha  

As @Swampy442 said, this kind of things not help to the price increase of our cars, also contributes to the depreciation, because the people can see this ads for years there hahaha.

12BD4500-993C-4471-BB35-F3070C5B70D9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

This could be easily solved though, by members not ripping off other members. Lots of people have parts stashed away, helping people out with the price would go a long way

+1 But all the people want their extra 2cents in the name of value and rareness LOL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 2:40 PM, Swampy442 said:

Ive sold a few parts that i had shelved and had no intention of ever using. I sold a facelift clock and let the members offer a price, it sold for £50 which i thought was mad! I was then criticised because you can get £200 for them on ebay!! Cant win.

Ive seen oem rear spats for £500 lately. It wont be long before the spare parts price out owners.

6 minutes ago, fastphil666 said:

Ive sold a few parts that i had shelved and had no intention of ever using. I sold a facelift clock and let the members offer a price, it sold for £50 which i thought was mad! I was then criticised because you can get £200 for them on ebay!! Cant win.

Ive seen oem rear spats for £500 lately. It wont be long before the spare parts price out owners.

The worst thing thats happened to me, giving away free stuff for the person to then see them on

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

The worst thing thats happened to me, giving away free stuff for the person to then see them on

Yep, happened to me not too long back, the person will have known they no longer needed/ wanted a few items that I offered for free to help out on a build, but accepted them for free anyway, then promptly sold on eBay for a tidy sum.

• Sad 1