The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new wheels for the Supra

Alex G

hi. recently i bought an Supra, and i dont like the wheels it came with (Volk C-Ultra), so i am looking to change them.

i did buy some used Volk GT-S wheels on auction, but turns out they dont quite fit right. the front wheels pokes out of the fenders about 10mm or so. those GT-S' fronts are 18'' x 9'' +33mm offset. on the other hand, the rears looked to be inside the fender.

so now im thinking of buying something new instead so i can get the right offset. Volk/Rays is my favorite wheel brand but they dont make anything i like. i was then looking for other options, and i found Work Meister S1R wheels i think i like.

now the questions:

1)i plan to use 245/40 on 18'' x 8.5'' wide wheels on the front, and 275/35 (or 265/35) on 18'' x 10'' for the rear. would this setup be ok for common street use? wont be doing track driving.

2)doing some research i noticed 9'' to 9.5'' wide fronts is pretty common, but would i have any benefit/reason to go wider than 8.5'' in the front?

3)and so the big question; what offset. Work recommended me 18x8,5 +35 A disk and  18x10 +43 O disk. do anyone know if this is good, like clearing stock fenders? i want to keep the wheels inside the fenders and avoid rubbing.

car is twin turbo, has optional big brakes and is pretty much stock, and will be kept that way. fenders arent modified and i wont be cutting or rolling them either.

Edited by Alex G (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here comes my help, in my 2 Supras I have different Setups,

My first Supra had Rays TE37 18x9,5 / 18x10,5 ET22 all around, wheels poke out in a “flush” way, and I correct it with negative camber, the cons of this is extreme tyre wear in the inside.

And now I have a “perfect fit” under my opinion, Work Meister S1 3P 18x9,5 ET24 and 18x11 ET30, perfect with slight camber and fenders inner lips full rolled 🙂

96537C9D-87B5-46D1-B05E-AE2791502621.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CBR said:

i found another wheel thread on supraforum with about 70 pages that i have looked through, but i dont think i have seen this thread you suggest. the thing is, when i was going through the 70 pages thread, it looked like it was mostly about much wider wheels or stances that isnt what im after. anyway i will go and check your suggestion out.

1 hour ago, Krimi said:

My first Supra had Rays TE37 18x9,5 / 18x10,5 ET22 all around, wheels poke out in a “flush” way, and I correct it with negative camber, the cons of this is extreme tyre wear in the inside.

And now I have a “perfect fit” under my opinion, Work Meister S1 3P 18x9,5 ET24 and 18x11 ET30, perfect with slight camber and fenders inner lips full rolled 🙂

i think it looks good, but it isnt what i am looking for. i definitely dont want to modify camber/fenders.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 8:43 PM, Alex G said:

by perfect what do you mean? does the wheels sit inside the arch without rubbing?

i mean, what is perfect for one person might not be perfect for another, so it would be good to make clear.

By perfect i mean no rubbing and wheel its lined up with fender

On 12/11/2021 at 7:10 AM, Alex G said:

now the questions:

1)i plan to use 245/40 on 18'' x 8.5'' wide wheels on the front, and 275/35 (or 265/35) on 18'' x 10'' for the rear. would this setup be ok for common street use? wont be doing track driving.

2)doing some research i noticed 9'' to 9.5'' wide fronts is pretty common, but would i have any benefit/reason to go wider than 8.5'' in the front?

3)and so the big question; what offset. Work recommended me 18x8,5 +35 A disk and  18x10 +43 O disk. do anyone know if this is good, like clearing stock fenders? i want to keep the wheels inside the fenders and avoid rubbing.

car is twin turbo, has optional big brakes and is pretty much stock, and will be kept that way. fenders arent modified and i wont be cutting or rolling them either.

Triple check they know about the large front brakes (could be why they recommend A disk on the front?)  

Stock 17's are 8.0" and 9.5" and 50 offset.  so the 8.5" fronts and 35 offset means fronts will be 15mm further out due to the offset (50-35) but also a 1/4 " so 6-7mm out, so overall the rim will be 21-22mm further out than a stock 17". Using the same method for the rear 7mm + 6-7mm so 14mm out. 

I'd imagine these will be recommended so as not to rub, they might not be 'aggressive' enough for some though. 

If you can find out the offset and widths of your current wheels (inside the spokes?) then you can work out how much further in/out the new wheels would be which might be of more help to you?

On 12/14/2021 at 9:16 PM, Alex G said:

ok, thanks

Honestly today I think about your proposal, and the best way to fit your needs, its stock 17” wheels +50 offset, other wheels… honestly it will look bad without the propper flush look, I suggest you to take your stock fenders and roll it.

It doesn’t mean to repaint anything if you choose the propper professional but the look of it should be another level. Its my opinion after having 2 supras in my life, and a bunch of crazy sport cars. 

Edited by Krimi (see edit history)

Krimi your car looks so good with those Meisters!

I had the dilemma with my TE37s also (same width and offset). I had them modified and reinforced on the rear and gained an extra 15mm of positive offset. I can now run them with a 295 R888R tyre and with just 1 degree of camber like for a fast road set up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Celicasaur said:

Krimi your car looks so good with those Meisters!

I had the dilemma with my TE37s also (same width and offset). I had them modified and reinforced on the rear and gained an extra 15mm of positive offset. I can now run them with a 295 R888R tyre and with just 1 degree of camber like for a fast road set up.

I personally dont like to modify wheels, but +37 should be fine for rears, not the “propper” flush look but it helps to not rubbing in excess if you dont modify your fenders.

TE37’s will always be in my heart

On 12/15/2021 at 5:50 PM, Scooter said:

Triple check they know about the large front brakes (could be why they recommend A disk on the front?)  

Stock 17's are 8.0" and 9.5" and 50 offset.  so the 8.5" fronts and 35 offset means fronts will be 15mm further out due to the offset (50-35) but also a 1/4 " so 6-7mm out, so overall the rim will be 21-22mm further out than a stock 17". Using the same method for the rear 7mm + 6-7mm so 14mm out. 

I'd imagine these will be recommended so as not to rub, they might not be 'aggressive' enough for some though. 

If you can find out the offset and widths of your current wheels (inside the spokes?) then you can work out how much further in/out the new wheels would be which might be of more help to you?

looking at the recommendation from Work Wheels now, i dont know why the A-disk was suggested...   A-disk is standard, R-disk is for big caliper and O-disk is deep rim. i would imagine it should be R-disk for the fronts.

the measurements of the wheels installed is:

F: 18x9 +43 (+12,5mm spacer)
R: 18x10 +45 (+27mm spacer)

20210529_133959.thumb.jpg.2e64854095931b78295d42a6ab569391.jpg

it's pretty much same fitment im looking for.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, Faye said:

I've got some wheels for sale at the moment if you're interested.  

im very specific in what i want. but sure, show me what you have.

22 hours ago, Krimi said:

Honestly today I think about your proposal, and the best way to fit your needs, its stock 17” wheels +50 offset, other wheels… honestly it will look bad without the propper flush look, I suggest you to take your stock fenders and roll it.

It doesn’t mean to repaint anything if you choose the propper professional but the look of it should be another level. Its my opinion after having 2 supras in my life, and a bunch of crazy sport cars. 

stock wheels wont do it for me 🙃

38 minutes ago, Alex G said:

Im very specific in what i want. but sure, show me what you have.

18" Team Dynamics Pro Race 

8.5 x 18, 35 offset 5 x 114.3PCD in black 245/40

10 x 18, 35 offset 5 x 114.3PCD in black 275/35

Come with at least 6mm of tread on Goodyear Eagle F1s

No curb marks or damage, had the alloys since 2016 and only done around 5-6k miles. Reason for change is going back to the stock look. 

They also fit over UK brakes. 

Collection only from Essex. I will not be arranging any couriers!  

If you want to arrange your own courier that's fine but I will want payment upfront. 

£700 Ono

23 hours ago, Faye said:

18" Team Dynamics Pro Race 

8.5 x 18, 35 offset 5 x 114.3PCD in black 245/40

10 x 18, 35 offset 5 x 114.3PCD in black 275/35

Come with at least 6mm of tread on Goodyear Eagle F1s

No curb marks or damage, had the alloys since 2016 and only done around 5-6k miles. Reason for change is going back to the stock look. 

They also fit over UK brakes. 

Collection only from Essex. I will not be arranging any couriers!  

If you want to arrange your own courier that's fine but I will want payment upfront. 

£700 Ono

i had a look at them, it is not my cup of tea at all.

On 12/13/2021 at 11:24 PM, Krimi said:

96537C9D-87B5-46D1-B05E-AE2791502621.jpeg

What tyre sizes you running buddy?