The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whos cheapest for headlights?

The Raven

9 hours ago, The Raven said:

Well it’s mot tone again and my foggy headlights failed last time round. I’ve done my best to reseal them but I just don’t want the hassle anymore.

where’s the cheapest place to grab some new facelifts? 

ebay sometimes has 20% off toyota parts, Work out to be £310 each i think that way

even new ones can fog up too btw

Edited by tayr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, tayr said:

ebay sometimes has 20% off toyota parts, Work out to be £310 each i think that way

even new ones can fog up too btw

Thanks, mine had acutal water in them. Like goldfish style. I re split them and attempted to re seal them. But its becoming a issue when it fails MOTs due to it. I end up having to come home take them out hair dryer them. re install then take back to MOT.

New ones may fog but i doubt to the point they would fail

On 11/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, The Raven said:

Well it’s mot time again and my foggy headlights failed last time round. I’ve done my best to reseal them but I just don’t want the hassle anymore.

where’s the cheapest place to grab some new facelifts? 

Just read through your old thread with @Nozdeveloping the headlight demist kit. Did you try one of these kits out of curiosity?

BTW, I'm going to ceramic coat the inside of my lens before putting them back together just incase any condensation wants to build up on the glass. 

Lad send me your lights. Let me have a go at sorting the seal. I'll fit some bulk heading fittings for a small air pump too. Long term solution and saves pennies.

New lights can also fog up a bit. And prefacelift look nicer IMO

The trial kit I made someone helped with the air pump.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)