The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What are they worth these days?

Big Supes

Active spoiler must be around 1K for a full kit today and I’d imagine you would be looking at the same for your U.K. wheels providing they are in mint condition.

Is all this coming off your Silver U.K. Spec? If storage and money isn’t an issue I think I would be storing them. The prices are only going to go one way with parts like this. The longer you keep them, the rarer they become and the more the value *should* rise.

@rider What are your thoughts on pricing?

25 minutes ago, Big Supes said:

Considering selling my front active spoiler set up and my stock wheels. 

With people wanting to revert back to stock to sell up or just for a change, I'm wondering what these are going for nowadays? 

Active spoiler, with ECU and dash switch are going for £1200, I actually pulled out of a sale of mine for £1200, because as Frank says the prices are only going one way, so I'm sitting on my pile of parts for awhile.

4 hours ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Active spoiler must be around 1K for a full kit today and I’d imagine you would be looking at the same for your U.K. wheels providing they are in mint condition.

Is all this coming off your Silver U.K. Spec? If storage and money isn’t an issue I think I would be storing them. The prices are only going to go one way with parts like this. The longer you keep them, the rarer they become and the more the value *should* rise.

@rider What are your thoughts on pricing?

Yes, they're coming off my UK-Spec. Storage isn't an issue, but my twins are getting pretty tired so I could do with the funds to help buy a single kit. 

Tbh, (and each to their own) but I'm not really interested in storing parts as an investment. I'd rather someone in the community gets the parts they desire at the time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Burna said:

Active spoiler, with ECU and dash switch are going for £1200, I actually pulled out of a sale of mine for £1200, because as Frank says the prices are only going one way, so I'm sitting on my pile of parts for awhile.

Thanks bud. I'll probably kick myself down the line, but hey-ho, I've always been a "live for today" chappy. 

1 hour ago, Big Supes said:

Yes, they're coming off my UK-Spec. Storage isn't an issue, but my twins are getting pretty tired so I could do with the funds to help buy a single kit. 

Tbh, (and each to their own) but I'm not really interested in storing parts as an investment. I'd rather someone in the community gets the parts they desire at the time. 

Seems a shame to modify something as unique as yours. You have that single itch you need to scratch?

45 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

Everyone laughed at my refurbished 17s for a grand.

Didn’t they sell?

Prices seem all over. If there is a “rare part” for sale and enough people looking I can see how some of the estimates get so high. Specially when you see what the yanks are currently spending but with the $ - £ loosing a chunk this year I guess their money goes further in Japan.

1994 6 speed RHD JDM Supra sold for $100K in Chicago - https://www.mecum.com/lots/CH1021-468891/1994-toyota-supra/

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Smaller market in the UK and EU and the yanks get shipments easier from Japan so much easier to go there. To quote a broken record something is only worth what the market is willing to pay. You can start at 1/2k and drop it if not selling sure.

The way I figure things regarding the stock look is a simple if the part has a big visual impact then its going to impact on the car price, that would be wheels - steering and road, bumper style, dash panels painted or not painted. The more in your face the parts are then the bigger the price impact, so I'd add value on dash panel condition over say an active spoiler.

So, in this scenario I'd say the road wheel price will be firmer than say the spoiler price even though they are both in the same ball park.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Seems a shame to modify something as unique as yours. You have that single itch you need to scratch?

I can appreciate there are a lot of people out there who would like to see cars such as mine retain their original status, but in all honesty, I never bought the car for it to remain stock-ish. 

In a time when stock was boring AF, I was still appreciating mine as it was and wasn't in a hurry to swap out the auto box and start modifying. Now it seems peeps are going back to stock, I'm starting my journey in making my car my own. 🙃 🤣

The single itch has been there for years now, TBH. I found myself not really using the car for two years which resulted in paint damage to the roof (high winds + car cover) and I suspect the lack of use probably didn't do any favours to the rest of the car either.  

I feel my love for the car has been rekindled with modifying progress so far. It has a lot of decent history, but more importantly, many more miles of making memories ahead.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Swampy442 said:

I bought an active front lip and under tray for 350 last year. You have to price stuff accordingly if you actually want to sell it. Everyone laughed at my refurbished 17s for a grand.

I would normally 100% agree with this, but in this case, I think you're wrong. 😝😂

All jokes aside, I'm in no rush to sell them. I'd always opt to hang onto parts I've removed and the stock wheels will always have usage even if they're just to sit on whilst tucked away in the carcoon during winter months. 

I'd only consider selling them if they went for values mentioned above. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Big Supes said:

I can appreciate there are a lot of people out there who would like to see cars such as mine retain their original status, but in all honesty, I never bought the car for it to remain stock-ish. 

In a time when stock was boring AF, I was still appreciating mine as it was and wasn't in a hurry to swap out the auto box and start modifying. Now it seems peeps are going back to stock, I'm starting my journey in making my car my own. 🙃 🤣

The single itch has been there for years now, TBH. I found myself not really using the car for two years which resulted in paint damage to the roof (high winds + car cover) and I suspect the lack of use probably didn't do any favours to the rest of the car either.  

I feel my love for the car has been rekindled with modifying progress so far. It has a lot of decent history, but more importantly, many more miles of making memories ahead.

I think that's a great way to enjoy it, and what I decided to do with mine, after all I'm a lifer, so the value is sort of irrelevant tbh I changed the setup to a single to suit what I use the car for. Also a well built single car with good parts and good builders behind it go for big money too, so it's not just stock cars selling and fetching good money.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Big Supes said:

I would normally 100% agree with this, but in this case, I think you're wrong. 😝😂

All jokes aside, I'm in no rush to sell them. I'd always opt to hang onto parts I've removed and the stock wheels will always have usage even if they're just to sit on whilst tucked away in the carcoon during winter months. 

I'd only consider selling them if they went for values mentioned above. 

If you want the contact of the Swedish guy who wanted to pay £1200 for my active spoiler, then PM me and I'll send you his details. I wasn't willing to ship to Sweden, but he has a sister in London.

6 hours ago, Big Supes said:

Sod what others, think or say. Your car, do what you want. I was thinking out aloud and of the long game, if you ever wanted to revert back to the OEM set up and add ons.

Stock has always been sexy, it was the chavs who didn’t liked it. Some of the set ups from the past 20 years (when done well) were good but seeing something different is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not many “built, not bought” cars around, a lot of copy and paste work going on. Makes it all a bit meh.

100% with you on the memories.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Supes said:

I’ve felt a very similar way about the aerotop I’ve got. My head was telling me to keep it stock and make a nice clean oem build. But as a kid my dream was to own a kitted supra. Some of the kits (although overdone) actually look really smart and I do feel with everybody wanting the stock look, that bodykits will come back round again for some more uniqueness. I could be wrong but who knows. Either way I’d always buy a car on condition. I’ve seen some awful “stock” cars and some beautifully looked after kitted cars. I know which I’d buy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tayr said:

I’ve felt a very similar way about the aerotop I’ve got. My head was telling me to keep it stock and make a nice clean oem build. But as a kid my dream was to own a kitted supra. Some of the kits (although overdone) actually look really smart and I do feel with everybody wanting the stock look, that bodykits will come back round again for some more uniqueness. I could be wrong but who knows. Either way I’d always buy a car on condition. I’ve seen some awful “stock” cars and some beautifully looked after kitted cars. I know which I’d buy. 

But would you do the same to your white one?

In all seriousness, you did it the best way. Nice clean OEM example then rescuing a tatty unloved aero and turning it into… Do we get to know the plans yet?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

But would you do the same to your white one?

In all seriousness, you did it the best way. Nice clean OEM example then rescuing a tatty unloved aero and turning it into… Do we get to know the plans yet?

I think I would if I knew eventually I could return it to stock. Not sure I’d sell my parts though.. you will know the plans as soon as I do, just want to get it back together first 😂

On 10/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, Burna said:

I think that's a great way to enjoy it, and what I decided to do with mine, after all I'm a lifer, so the value is sort of irrelevant tbh I changed the setup to a single to suit what I use the car for. Also a well built single car with good parts and good builders behind it go for big money too, so it's not just stock cars selling and fetching good money.

Absolutely mate. The Supra breaks the norm when it comes down to the classic car market, excluding the extreme rare examples. Like you said, well built cars in decent condition fetch silly money as well. 

Tbh, I'll only be selling mine when I can no longer get in and out of the thing so I guess it will go someway towards my pension lol.

I'll take you up on the contact for the front lip buddy. 👍

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 6:05 PM, Frank Bullitt said:

Stock has always been sexy, it was the chavs who didn’t liked it. Some of the set ups from the past 20 years (when done well) were good but seeing something different is like finding a needle in a haystack. Not many “built, not bought” cars around, a lot of copy and paste work going on. Makes it all a bit meh.

Agree with you so much here. Supra is a big car and can quite easily come off a bit....'fat bald guy in a tired looking convertible' when overly riced out. Stock oem+ is the best look for it IMO and keeps it looking classy.

urgh, everytime i read threads on this place, I either get sick of the talk of values and using the car as a goldmine, or i just get amped up and feel like going for a drive. I think I'll drive mine this weekend. It's been 3 weeks FFS.