The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock twins

Bender

I have a set bolted together with oil pipe sold to me in 2016 as off a fresh import 40k mile car (aren't they all?) that a modder was converting to a single. One turbo seems to have a little more shaft play than I'd expect on a 40k mile set. I'd sell them for what I bought them for  - £300. Buyer collect or arrange their own courier. I can put onto a pallet or may even have a 1/2 pallet laying around. They are too heavy for Hermes.

1 hour ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Liam at Midland Turbo seems to be who most use - https://www.midlandturbo.com

E2A

You want a good look at the wastegate port on the OEM turbos as it is usually cracked due to heat but with the age of the turbos now the seriousness of the crack may have changed.

Thank you for advice do you have any idea what is the cost of rebuilt twins thease days

44 minutes ago, rider said:

I have a set bolted together with oil pipe sold to me in 2016 as off a fresh import 40k mile car (aren't they all?) that a modder was converting to a single. One turbo seems to have a little more shaft play than I'd expect on a 40k mile set. I'd sell them for what I bought them for  - £300. Buyer collect or arrange their own courier. I can put onto a pallet or may even have a 1/2 pallet laying around. They are too heavy for Hermes.

Where are you located? 

20 hours ago, Bender said:

Thank you for advice do you have any idea what is the cost of rebuilt twins these days

Speak to Midland they will be able to advise you on rebuild costs.

3 hours ago, Bender said:

Ok thanks so will you go for those ebay ones (based on Seller description)? 

For the price and knowing what rider is like from his posting on here I’d be going after his set not an unknown eBay listing.

7 hours ago, Bender said:

Ok thanks so will you go for those ebay ones (based on Seller description)? 

Cant possibly say without seeing them, its all experience. Gentle pressure up and down you should get a small bit of movement, not a lot though. In and out is a sign of worn bearings 

Second hand purchases are always a gamble. If you are not comfortable with them potentially needing a full rebuild or them being scrap, I'd buy from someone you can trust or someone who can give you a warranty. But you will always pay more for peace of mind.

Thanks guys i think i will got for rebuild with Midland Turbo for a peace of mind also been recomended Turbo Preformance Ltd anyone use them? 

Got them out yesterday and i got my answer why 2nd turbo wasnt working (see pics) just wonder what could cause it? 

IMG_20211014_171730.jpg

IMG_20211015_090039.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.