The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Built Auto Box

tayr

Has anybody got any reviews for any built auto boxes? A340E Box

I quite like the idea of staying Auto and running around 580-600hp on a small fast spooling single.

The SRD Stage 3 box looks good but I wonder if anybody has gone this route and can tell me if its worth while etc..

Will the A02B Diff hold up with that sort of power?

Hi mate,

We run a SRD stage 3 built auto with Syvecs S6+ and flappy paddles. Currently 850bhp/650lbft and had no issues whatsoever. We’ve been running this setup for around 4/5 years now. We have also kept the stock torque converter as we personally feel it’s nicer to use on the street. Having had a PI3600rpm converter which can be abit “unpredictable” on the street and on lockdown etc. We have a A02B small case diff with a TRD 1.5way LSD, again had no issues and we’ve had that setup for 6-8 years ranging from 550-850bhp. 

Lee at SRD is the best person to speak with and he will help you with everything you need! 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the SRD option was my original thought as their work is good and obviously being UK based it makes life easier. I need to speak to Lee, I think from memory I was under the impression their stage 3 box handles around 600hp but I don’t want to be always on the limit wondering if it’s going to go bang soon if that makes sense. I just don’t think I’d get the enjoyment from it if that was the case, but obviously as Chris says he’s running lots more power with no issues so you’d like to think it can take a beating. It’s all still very new to me, so definitely need to do my research. 

the ATF one does look really decent and according to their site the stage 2 box can hold up to 650whp which is impressive for around 2k plus shipping fees, my concern would be should their be an issue it’s a hard thing to try and resolve when so far away. 

I would assume none of these boxes come with a guarantee of any sorts which does make things a little more though provoking. 

In regards to the diff, would you be able to run stock diff until it goes bang and switch out for the Ginken or would it destroy something that’s needed to house the ginken in the process?

10 hours ago, tayr said:

Thanks guys, the SRD option was my original thought as their work is good and obviously being UK based it makes life easier. I need to speak to Lee, I think from memory I was under the impression their stage 3 box handles around 600hp but I don’t want to be always on the limit wondering if it’s going to go bang soon if that makes sense. I just don’t think I’d get the enjoyment from it if that was the case, but obviously as Chris says he’s running lots more power with no issues so you’d like to think it can take a beating. It’s all still very new to me, so definitely need to do my research. 

the ATF one does look really decent and according to their site the stage 2 box can hold up to 650whp which is impressive for around 2k plus shipping fees, my concern would be should their be an issue it’s a hard thing to try and resolve when so far away. 

I would assume none of these boxes come with a guarantee of any sorts which does make things a little more though provoking. 

In regards to the diff, would you be able to run stock diff until it goes bang and switch out for the Ginken or would it destroy something that’s needed to house the ginken in the process?

I would speak to Lee as i am pretty sure they use the same specification of parts as ATF speed, they have different stages from what I can work out. 

At least this is in the UK and you will have a singular price and not be dealing with sending and recieving from the USA 

10 hours ago, tayr said:

Have a chat with Lee, I have recently, and basically they can now offer everything ATF offers, so can build to what power you want. Sounds as if you are looking for the same sort of strength of box as me.

1 minute ago, mattdavies said:

I would speak to Lee as i am pretty sure they use the same specification of parts as ATF speed, they have different stages from what I can work out. 

At least this is in the UK and you will have a singular price and not be dealing with sending and recieving from the USA 

Hahaha you can tell we are in the same chat group mate lol

18 hours ago, baldy said:

Built engine, cams, inlet, single turbo, built trans. I've gone small turbo as don't want lag and not interested in a straight line  machine

Thats the dream set up right there but alot of ££ needed

30 minutes ago, tayr said:

what ECU are you going for?

Syvecs s7+ +an i/o 10as running out of inputs with dbw and the sensors I want to run

18 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Just a small turbo then 😂 How quickly was the turnaround once ATF Speed had your box? Did you go with a stage 3?

It is ,pretty much a 6266 they just spec differently. Aft was very fast something like 3weeks and yes stage 3, stage 4 has come about since mine was sorted else I'd of gone stage 4. I have a couple of spare 340's. Once stage 5 is available I'll send one over

Edited by baldy (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, baldy said:

Syvecs s7+

My advice, and advice given to me when I was choosing an ECU, was to leave the stock ECU to control the autobox, and the aftermarket ECU to control everything else. Non of the aftermarket ECU's control the stock autobox very well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Burna said:

My advice, and advice given to me when I was choosing an ECU, was to leave the stock ECU to control the autobox, and the aftermarket ECU to control everything else. Non of the aftermarket ECU's control the stock autobox very well.

Thats interesting.. quite a good idea

26 minutes ago, baldy said:

Its All about line pressure control, I have info from atf to implement this. Also I want the ability to move shift points which you can't do with stock ecu

Also the stock ecu partially closing the throttle butterfly on gear changes, on a car with syvecs it is a horrible gear change and drive.

28 minutes ago, baldy said:

Its All about line pressure control, I have info from atf to implement this. Also I want the ability to move shift points which you can't do with stock ecu

Move which shift points? I can rev all the way to 7.5k and change up gear.

1 hour ago, tayr said:

Thats interesting.. quite a good idea

That's what I had observed with other ecu installs controlling the box, and they dont work right, and was also advised the same by SRD. So I have the stock ecu controlling the autobox, and a link G4+ Extreme controlling the engine/single turbo and everything else.