The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good reliable supplier of OEM parts?

SUPRA4EVA

Who do you use for your OEM spares?

Been in talks with a few known people over email to have a bunch of parts ordered up, with a small list and said I'll need more eventually but it's been months and I can't get any movement. I've literally got my wallet open, saying take my money, just need a final quote/place order to get sh1t moving but everything seems to stall after a few emails. I like using email because then I don't have to take notes or remember stuff that I'll forget as I like to shop around and can ask other questions as I'm not in a HUGE hurry for the parts (well wasn't, I just wanna get them already and move on to ordering other parts) but this has been on the go since like March/April now. Do they only take you seriously if you phone them direct?

I've used TCB also and had a great experience, but I use Keron 99% of the time as he's local and is always happy to help me out/answer any questions I have etc. (not to say others aren't too!) I WhatsApp/call him rather than email, but he's always got back to me and sorted any bits I needed. I have also used my local dealer (Farmer and Carlisle Leicester) for a couple of items in the past and had no issues with them either (also not via email though).

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, m12aak said:

I've used TCB also and had a great experience, but I use Keron 99% of the time as he's local and is always happy to help me out/answer any questions I have etc. (not to say others aren't too!) I WhatsApp/call him rather than email, but he's always got back to me and sorted any bits I needed. I have also used my local dealer (Farmer and Carlisle Leicester) for a couple of items in the past and had no issues with them either (also not via email though).

Damn, I just can't get a hold of him. I get the odd email reply but no one is answering the phone. I'm really needing parts asap, I just know he's cheaper but I can't get in touch to discuss a list of parts... Guess I'll start trying the other suppliers.

Is SRD any good?

It has got a lot harder to find interested suppliers over the last few years. I've had emails ignored by suppliers that I've spent £thousands with. Note the plural. It probably comes down to falling supply of parts meaning people have to work harder to track the parts down and when they do, prices probably put a lot of punters off; delivering f all for all the leg work put in. Supra parts are no longer the low lying fruit with easy pickings and profits to be had so sellers are probably focussed elsewhere with some nice juicy low lying fruit hanging out ready to be reaped.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, rider said:

It has got a lot harder to find interested suppliers over the last few years. I've had emails ignored by suppliers that I've spent £thousands with. Note the plural. It probably comes down to falling supply of parts meaning people have to work harder to track the parts down and when they do, prices probably put a lot of punters off; delivering f all for all the leg work put in. Supra parts are no longer the low lying fruit with easy pickings and profits to be had so sellers are probably focussed elsewhere with some nice juicy low lying fruit hanging out ready to be reaped.

I think you're right...It was certainly a lot easier in 2015-2017 when I was heavily into working on JDM cars. Now coming back, I feel like a time waster asking over and over for quotes, having to ask multiple suppliers just to see what kind of response I get.

8 hours ago, rider said:

Unfortunately I’ve had the same issue. I won’t mention names but I’ve had an enquiry for 100 items or so with a known supplier but it’s been around 8 weeks of chasing but not one price. Unfortunately today I was left with no choice but to place with amayama and Toyota themselves, which is a real shame as it would be nice to support other businesses.