The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which exhaust?

ben_harmer32

With 3” double decats I’ve had the Blitz nur spec r, Whifbitz 4” TI and currently the HKS Hi-power racing.

The HKS is my favourite so far, unlike the other two the clearance is a lot better and not OTT on noise.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies guys. I had an HKS Silent High power on one of my previous Supra was nice. Currently leaning towards the Blitz Nur. 

2 hours ago, Noz said:

I had a single box whifbitz system. That was quite nice. I had a hks silent too. Agree with taylor was a nice balance.

Not heard any similar to my VWR system which I can massively recommend.

What brand is VWR?

Virtual Works Racing.

https://www.buckperformance.com/product-p/vwr-4inch.htm

Here's a video I found online of the 4.5. Is pretty accurate ignoring the muffled bits. Can be a bit loud though. 

Fitments better on mine, I think their midpipe is perhaps a little long. Fitment on mine was spot on.

Might not be what you're after of course. But a little less common.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tayr said:

I have the HKS silent hi power and it’s great balance 

+1 I don't have any drone at motorway speeds but I'm not sure what RPM you'd be at in an Auto. It's obviously quite low in 6th gear on a manual. 

• Like 1

I was going to suggest an RSR*, in my opinion and quite a few others it's the nicest sounding Supra exhaust. Fitment is good, along with TB Developments decats, as they really tuck in and follow a nice line. You will get a bit of a drone on the motorway at certain revs, even more noticeable on a single turbo, so since going single I've fitted a resonator section in the first decat, and it does help! 🙂

• Like 1

• 11 months later...