The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats a rolling shell worth these days?

rider

Someone did ask me that in 2019 and I said for a TT6 VIN plate and shell in great condition, that has to be £10,000 all day long. Not bad when the scrap value is about £150. I came across this eBay listing today which makes me consider my 2019 valuation was a little on the conservative side.

Anyone for a third of a Supra shell, trolley not included?

I'd been looking for a Shell for getting onto 2 years now, a handful came and went with all of them being in terrible condition. 

Prices were always £6-7k plus with one recently wanting £11k for a TT auto. 

Thankfully I've managed to source a decent one at a fairly reasonable price thanks to a fellow club member. 

I was just about to quit the search too so it was an extremely lucky find. 

1 hour ago, Spike3.0 said:

I'd been looking for a Shell for getting onto 2 years now, a handful came and went with all of them being in terrible condition. 

Prices were always £6-7k plus with one recently wanting £11k for a TT auto. 

Thankfully I've managed to source a decent one at a fairly reasonable price thanks to a fellow club member. 

I was just about to quit the search too so it was an extremely lucky find. 

There's one just gone on eBay for 11.5k or best offer, probably the same one you've seen?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm just wondering what a rolling shell would fetch in today's market? I have a TT6 (black) rolling shell with a welded in roll cage which is currently sat in primer, windows out apart from the front but would be supplied... 

Any ideas at all? 

thanks... 

• Like 1

It would be impossible to say what pretty much anything is worth without pictures as rolling shells come with bits or without bits and in a variety of conditions. 

Bits add to the valuable. Bits like tailgates with glass worth £1k or missing £0. With or without aluminium bonnets, there is another £600. Some come with lights others don't, there is another £1,200. Some come with dented panels some come with straight panels. Some come with good useable/sellable set of wheels some come with not so good wheels. Some come with an interior, part interior or no interior. Is the shell supported on the original sub frames and drive shafts? They fetch strong money these days.